Or mistook her for Stevie.
he wan't dead

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
My guess would be Mick.
Yeah, he doesn't look like the kind of chap who discriminates.

Old 07-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I've always thought his dick should be in the yellow pages. Some of the stories I've heard about him and Ronee Blakley are quite freaky.
They lived in different times. Joe Eszterhas has an amusing bit about him in his book Hollywood Animal when they were talking about doing a movie. I believe the same anecdote is in American Rhapsody with less detail.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Or mistook her for Stevie.
Ouch. Kitten's got claws.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They lived in different times. Joe Eszterhaus has an amusing bit about him in his book Hollywood Animal when they were talking about doing a movie. I believe the same anecdote is in American Rhapsody with less detail.
I just bought Hollywood Animal.

He's such a disgusting man, but I loved American Rhapsody.

Old 07-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Confirmed? I didn't even know it was rumored.

I don't think she ever dated Frey either, but she's always talked about what a great friend he is -- or was.
CL Moon tried that years ago with her Stevie Nicks FAQ, but I think she sort of gave up.

There are a lot of conflicting data: e.g., everybody thinks Stevie dated Waddy & wrote "If Anyone Falls" about him (including Waddy), but Glen Parrish told the gal who wrote the book in 1984 that "If Anyone Falls" was about him, & his girlfriend Nicole seemed to agree.

Also, J.D. Souther never himself confirmed that he dated Stevie, & Stevie has only very rarely mentioned him. Plus, she certainly never mentioned having dated Walter Egan -- Walter himself spilled that one in his Q&A. Same with John Stewart -- Stevie never told the press she & Stewart were together on the 1981 tour, but Stewart finally did.
Do you have the artiicle where Stewart says this? In his Q&A he says she kept her distance from him.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I just bought Hollywood Animal.

He's such a disgusting man, but I loved American Rhapsody.
Disgusting man, fabulous writer. I think you'll really enhoy the story about his emigration from Hungary. I won't go into too much detail and spoil it for you, though.
He's probably set to make a bundle off of Basic Instinct 2 now, so I wonder if he'll be writing anything in the near future?

Last edited by gldstwmn; 07-04-2005 at 01:40 PM..
Old 07-04-2005, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
I guess I assumed she meant successful records, but yes, technically his name has been on a lot of stuff. I guess it could be him. Who knows?

I kind of always thought that Connie meant a session player because their name would have been on a lot of successful records. If HE was successful and a famous name she might have named him or his band. The way she says it almost makes me think that he is not a household name.

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 07-04-2005 at 02:16 AM..
Old 07-04-2005, 04:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My guess would be Mick.
Kind of explains what Stevie saw in Mick, finally...
Old 07-04-2005, 04:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My guess would be Mick.
mine too, although I think That Lindsey's tongue is more fabulous. and quicker, and pointier. So are his fingers.

Old 07-04-2005, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
mine too, although I think That Lindsey's tongue is more fabulous. and quicker, and pointier. So are his fingers.

Old 07-04-2005, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Now I heard about Bob Dylan too.

As for Lindsey, I don't think he was too nice about Stevie. He knew that he would look like an ass if he said too much, because he is the man. Men usually aren't the catty ones and I guess he knew that.

His lyrics in TUSK are mostly about her and they are not nice. He also was not very nice on that tour. Then later, he spoke about her and called her tour a "lounge act". He also did an interview ( can't ever remember the guy's name my God) where he wasn't too terribly nice about her solo career.

After he left the band, if anyone asked him if he'd go back, he'd like almost hiss and bite like on Vh1 to 1.

He didn't take her signed Bella Donna album. He did kind of throw Carol Ann in her face. I mean Lindsey wasn't flawless.

As for Stevie, she has admitted to sleeping with ALOT of rock stars. I guess it was TISL time she admitted this. It's ok, it was the time ( late 70's early 80's, come on) and then she was a coke head and then a klonopin head and I'm sure she wasn't always in charge of herself 100%. But she never cheated on a husband ( who knows about Kim) but she was mostly single and having a good time. She was hot and guys wanted her and she enjoyed herself.

But I am so sure there are many more men we don't know about...
I don't believe her and Tom ever did anything. He was more of the brother...but what about Mike Campbell??? Boz Scaggs ( she said she was staying with him at one time..)??

I was comparing what Lindsey did to say Mick or Don Henley. You cannot even compare his loyalty to them. I said he wrote some sarcastic lyrics but writing is the way he expressed what he was feeling and he never ran around saying the lyrics were about Stevie to make her look foolish. As for the kicking incident, I can see the difference in what he does in a drunken incident compared to how he normally handles the situation. Not taking the Belladonna album was to hurt STEVIE and she is the one running around telling the story to the press. I am specifically talking about how he talks about her publically. Calling her show a lounge act ripped off from FM is not anywhere near the same as saying she had an abortion and named a song for the spirit of a dead baby. Saying he would never go back to FM is not the same as saying they had an affair on the road.

BTW...Lindsey has even said that the kicking, mocking incident was "something coming through the veneer"....

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-04-2005, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always thought Stevie was full of manure when she claimed that Lindsey cried after she played him the demos to her "Phoenix Four." If he cried, it's because his ears were bleeding and he was racking his brain, trying to figure out what the hell to do with them.
LMFAO!!! You are on a roll, my Dear.

Oh and who went down on Miss Connie? Think about the word "exquisite" and who uses it.....
"she has an exquisite femininity"...LB describing Stevie.
(I know it is possible Mick uses the word too but nah...I think it was ole Liddy Buck who ventured down that dangerous lane. Hope he had lots and lots of floss)

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey

Last edited by Kelly; 07-04-2005 at 07:38 AM..
Old 07-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
LMFAO!!! You are on a roll, my Dear.

Oh and who went down on Miss Connie? Think about the word "exquisite" and who uses it.....
"she has an exquisite femininity"...LB describing Stevie.
(I know it is possible Mick uses the word too but nah...I think it was ole Liddy Buck who ventured down that dangerous lane. Hope he had lots and lots of floss)
I think it was Mr. Fleetwood who used the word 'exquisite' in reference to Miss Connie. I recall reading her recollections of that all too well. Not a pleasant image...then or now.

-Lis
Old 07-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
Glenn and Don are hot there. The others... not so sure. I'm also not so sure of their names.
well there was don felder & timothy b schmidt along w/ henley walsh & frey~