Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Recent picture of Carol Ann Harris

I'm not going into detail about where I found this, but I thought you guys would appreciate it.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:50 PM
caroline79
This message has been deleted by caroline79.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for sharing. She looks like an attractive semi-older lady. Very normal!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the last time I saw her was that weird plastic surgery thing she did for tv. Looks like they did decent work.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter View Post
I think the last time I saw her was that weird plastic surgery thing she did for tv. Looks like they did decent work.
Yes, she looks very normal here and her skin looks natural, not taut, pulled and implanted. For the Discovery Health special, she looked very artificial. They showed us the process she went through and the "after" didn't look that good. But now she looks fine. In the special, as she obsessed over old, younger images of herself, she seemed like she was on the road to being one of those people who was addicted to surgery, but she definitely doesn't have that "almost Joan Rivers" look here.

Thanks for posting, Dani.

Michele
Old 05-31-2011, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post

I'm not going into detail about where I found this, but I thought you guys would appreciate it.
Why make it a point to say that you aren't going to mention where you got it, knowing that that will only spark more curiosity?

She looks very good, if that's actually her. I may be one of the few fans who enjoyed her book and actually does not think negatively of her. Hope she's found some happiness in her life and is doing well.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 05-31-2011, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
I may be one of the few fans who enjoyed her book
I enjoyed the book, in a certain way. Michele
Old 05-31-2011, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why make it a point to say that you aren't going to mention where you got it, knowing that that will only spark more curiosity?

She looks very good, if that's actually her. I may be one of the few fans who enjoyed her book and actually does not think negatively of her. Hope she's found some happiness in her life and is doing well.
I feel the same way.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I knew the question would come up and I wanted to establish that I wasn't going to give that information out before people bothered to ask. Like you, I don't really have anything against Carol Ann, and because of that I'm respecting her privacy while also giving you guys a rare glimpse of her life post-Buckingham.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I enjoyed the book, in a certain way. Michele
I loved it because I took it with a grain of salt. I think that's the key with Storms.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I may be one of the few fans who enjoyed her book and actually does not think negatively of her. Hope she's found some happiness in her life and is doing well.
I enjoyed the HELL out of her book! It was just plain old trashy fun. I don't really have feelings either way on Carol. I have to say, I do get very annoyed when people automatically dismiss her, though. After all, she was there for the real thing and none of us were. Even if she was a bit nuts, she's got far more cred than ANY of us. Something else to keep in mind: EVERYONE in the Fleetwood Mac circle (including the band members themselves) were also completely insane back in the day. I am not saying Carol should be viewed as a holy figure, but I'm just saying that I really don't think she was any less credible or crazier than anyone else in that era. Meaning, Carol's recollections of that era of FM are just as valid to me as Stevie's, for instance.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I enjoyed the HELL out of her book! It was just plain old trashy fun. I don't really have feelings either way on Carol. I have to say, I do get very annoyed when people automatically dismiss her, though. After all, she was there for the real thing and none of us were. Even if she was a bit nuts, she's got far more cred than ANY of us. Something else to keep in mind: EVERYONE in the Fleetwood Mac circle (including the band members themselves) were also completely insane back in the day. I am not saying Carol should be viewed as a holy figure, but I'm just saying that I really don't think she was any less credible or crazier than anyone else in that era. Meaning, Carol's recollections of that era of FM are just as valid to me as Stevie's, for instance.
Couldn't agree more. Carol's bad comments about Stevie and Lindsey are based on her own distaste, much like Stevie says iffy things about others for her own reasons.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Couldn't agree more. Carol's bad comments about Stevie and Lindsey are based on her own distaste, much like Stevie says iffy things about others for her own reasons.
I really didn't feel she said bad things about Lindsey so much as Stevie. She basically painted Stevie as a dimwitted airhead. I mean, it's all to be taken with a grain of salt, as you said. But many of the things that were "negative" about Lindsey were her detailing incidences between them (that may or may not have, or may have happened in a slightly different way) that took place. Other than that, she seems to praise his "genius" and raves on about his looks and the moments between them. In the end, there's a bit of a bittersweet conclusion. I don't really think she necessarily shows distaste towards Lindsey, but maybe that's just me.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-31-2011, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she goes out of her way to take shots at Stevie out of good ol jealousy. She mentions the way she dresses and how she cant compete with it. Also the weird concert thing when she thought guys in the audience were screaming cause she jokes Stevie lost her top or something but it was really for her, Carol. There are a lot of things in the book that suggest she thought she was competing with Stevie somehow. For all the crap she gives her in the book in the end she is like I would hope she and I are friends. If Stevie ever bothered to read it (doubt it, if she and Lindsey did read it they showed a lot of restraint to never comment on it.) she is probly like dont think so biatch.

Yeah if Lindsey really did the things she said, I agree she let him off pretty easy.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter View Post
I think she goes out of her way to take shots at Stevie out of good ol jealousy. She mentions the way she dresses and how she cant compete with it. Also the weird concert thing when she thought guys in the audience were screaming cause she jokes Stevie lost her top or something but it was really for her, Carol. There are a lot of things in the book that suggest she thought she was competing with Stevie somehow. For all the crap she gives her in the book in the end she is like I would hope she and I are friends. If Stevie ever bothered to read it (doubt it, if she and Lindsey did read it they showed a lot of restraint to never comment on it.) she is probly like dont think so biatch.

Yeah if Lindsey really did the things she said, I agree she let him off pretty easy.
Quite a few of the incidents concerning Lindsey occurred when other people were around to witness them, according to CAH. But did any of these people ever come forward and say "no, this never happened"?

I loved her book and ended up liking her which surprised me. She seemed to have a much warmer personalilty than certain others within the FM bubble. And if she comes over as being self-obsessed - well, weren't they all? And it is her story!

And even if parts of her story (whether little or big parts) aren't true, she did seem to care about, and look after, Lindsey when nobody else was giving a s**t about him - and I hope that part is true because at least he had somebody who gave a damn!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

As for what happened between Carol Ann and Lindsey, I just always keep in mind that when people are doing copious amounts of drugs and drinking as well, they are not going to act how they normally would have.