Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
whaaaaaaaaaaat? why?
i am searching - and have been searching for a long time - for a good condition copy of one of the rumours-era posters.. the one where john is in the faux satin-y jacket, chris has the way too low cut shirt, and stevie has the white, floral bandana on her head. i'd also get that one framed. and then there's the 6 foot long live album promo, which i'm trying to get.. and i want to frame it as well.

:P
I have both of those. The 6-foot long Live promo poster is over the doorway, up near the ceiling, in my memorabilia room. I like the low-cut top poster cuz Christine never wears anything like that. I also have a heavy-duty, steel retail poster rack in my memorabilia room, like you'd see at Spencer's. It holds 40 posters and it's full. There's more than 40 in there, I've had to double-up some of the smaller ones and put them in the same frame.

Last edited by Livia; 10-31-2007 at 05:35 PM..
Old 10-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
In all fairness to Carol, Linda McCartney was plain. I would never describe Carol that way. Hey, she's a looker! Why do you think Rod Stewart wanted her after just one glance, not to mention LB.

Michele
In my opinion, LM was an incredibly beautiful woman and I can absolutely understand why Paul McCartney was so in love with her, even to this day, and most people admired her so highly. She was unique, strong, and confident enough to be publicly humiliated for not looking like the average pretty girl. She hardly wore makeup, her clothes were interesting, but she exhibited something that obviously drove many, many guys wild...perhaps it was intelligence, strong will, talent, perseverence, who knows? But she was cool. And, yes, far cooler than Carol Ann Harris.

Sorry, but in all fairness to Linda...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 10-31-2007 at 05:31 PM..
Old 10-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
In my opinion, LM was an incredibly beautiful woman and I can absolutely understand why Paul McCartney was so in love with her, even to this day, and most people admired her so highly. She was unique, strong, and confident enough to be publicly humiliated for not looking like the average pretty girl. She hardly wore makeup, her clothes were interesting, but she exhibited something that obviously drove many, many guys wild...perhaps intelligence, strong will, talent, but she was cool. And, yes, far cooler than Carol Ann Harris.

I agree. And it says a lot about Paul's character as well, that he was interested in more than just arm candy. Not the typical, shallow rock star/supermodel relationship.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I agree. And it says a lot about Paul's character as well, that he was interested in more than just arm candy. Not the typical, shallow rock star/supermodel relationship.
Absolutely. She had a real depth to her character. She was a successful woman on her own, both in her career and single-mother parenting, prior to meeting Paul. And he wasn't the first man that was crazy for her. I think she was cool because, as her daughter put it, she just didn't give an F what people thought of her or the way she was put together. And as far as I am concerned, as a woman, a parent, a wife, and a human being...Linda is someone I'd much prefer to look up to. She did a lot and she did it well.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 10-31-2007 at 05:54 PM..
Old 10-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

Did it come out (in testimony or the press) that Paul abused her? Or am I thinking of someone else...?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think so.

I think that was a Heather Mills accusation. I recall an article about Stella being really mad that she accused Paul of abusing Linda, saying that it was ridiculous.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pics of my Tusk poster. I haven't actually measured it, but I'd guess it's 24 x 36. Sorry about the flash, I took 2 pics from different angles to make up for it. Carol Ann is on the right page of the top "book." She's got her right hand up to her mouth. Above the dog and to the right of the naked lady w/ the tusk. I remember buying the album and thinking, "Stevie looks weird in that picture," not having any idea at the time who Carol Ann was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tusk poster 001.jpg (77.5 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg Tusk poster 002.jpg (79.4 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by Livia; 10-31-2007 at 08:16 PM..
Old 10-31-2007, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But she was cool. And, yes, far cooler than Carol Ann Harris.

Who said anything about CAH being cool? I'm not a CAH fan. I just don't think she was plain and obviously since we were talking about her pictures, I meant physically plain. I believe she wrote a book full of half-truths and lies and certainly would never commend her character.

As far as LM goes, more than admiring her as a person, I admire the bond that she and Paul had and how they seemed to be one so completely, giving each other unconditional support, partners in every way. I look up to that. I think she's physically plain, however. And a bad singer. Not that either is linked to her mental and personality attributes.

Michele
Old 10-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
She's a very pretty lady who reminds me of Brigitte Bardot.

I remember Bardot. Is she still living? I just looked it up and she is 73 now. Wow.

A young photo:

Old 11-01-2007, 04:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Pics of my Tusk poster. I haven't actually measured it, but I'd guess it's 24 x 36. Sorry about the flash, I took 2 pics from different angles to make up for it. Carol Ann is on the right page of the top "book." She's got her right hand up to her mouth. Above the dog and to the right of the naked lady w/ the tusk. I remember buying the album and thinking, "Stevie looks weird in that picture," not having any idea at the time who Carol Ann was.

What a treasure that is. I'd pay 40 bucks for it in a blink of an eye. I own 5 copies of the Tusk-vinyl, just because I've always planned to do something decorative in my house with the artwork. Maybe I need ten to really do what I want to. But this poster would make it a lot easier....

thanks for the pics!

gerald

Old 11-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Absolutely. She had a real depth to her character. She was a successful woman on her own, both in her career and single-mother parenting, prior to meeting Paul. And he wasn't the first man that was crazy for her. I think she was cool because, as her daughter put it, she just didn't give an F what people thought of her or the way she was put together. And as far as I am concerned, as a woman, a parent, a wife, and a human being...Linda is someone I'd much prefer to look up to. She did a lot and she did it well.
I agree. I always thought Linda was pretty. This one of my favorite pics:

Back on topic though...I don't think CAH is ugly either. But, that's just me.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
I remember Bardot. Is she still living? I just looked it up and she is 73 now. Wow.

I always found Bardot to be a very beautiful woman. And Claudia Shiffer reminds me a lot more of the young Bardot than Carol Ann Harris.
Much to Bardot's credit; she apparently has never had any work done to her face.
Bardot today :

Life is like a box of chocolates : full of nuts
Old 11-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
In my opinion, LM was an incredibly beautiful woman and I can absolutely understand why Paul McCartney was so in love with her, even to this day, and most people admired her so highly. She was unique, strong, and confident enough to be publicly humiliated for not looking like the average pretty girl. She hardly wore makeup, her clothes were interesting, but she exhibited something that obviously drove many, many guys wild...perhaps it was intelligence, strong will, talent, perseverence, who knows? But she was cool. And, yes, far cooler than Carol Ann Harris.

I'd read somewhere that Paul said he had dated a lot of girls, but Linda was the first woman he'd dated. I guess there is something to be said for maturity (at whatever age) over a pretty face.

And with regard to Carol Ann, does anyone have a picture of him and her, I'm guessing taken on a plane, where he looks like he's eating a grapefruit and she's looking at him? I thought the picture just oozed of "we do it a lot".... Maybe that's just my memory of a picture I haven't seen for a while.

Sharon
Old 11-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyChick View Post
And with regard to Carol Ann, does anyone have a picture of him and her, I'm guessing taken on a plane, where he looks like he's eating a grapefruit and she's looking at him? I thought the picture just oozed of "we do it a lot".... Maybe that's just my memory of a picture I haven't seen for a while.
Sharon
Well, basically making out at the dinner table on the Tusk tour footage said the same thing. Michele
Old 11-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
What a treasure that is. I'd pay 40 bucks for it in a blink of an eye. I own 5 copies of the Tusk-vinyl, just because I've always planned to do something decorative in my house with the artwork. Maybe I need ten to really do what I want to. But this poster would make it a lot easier....
Did you ever see the movie Peter Beard: Scrapbooks From Africa & Beyond? I never saw it, but I wonder whether there was any Fleetwood Mac business in the film. My hunch is that Mick picked Peter's photographs for the Tusk project because Peter was known for African subjects & themes & Mick of course loved Africa. So in a strong sense, the whole African vibe we get from that era of the band comes from (or probably comes from) Peter Beard! I assume that all the travel journal verbiage on the sleeves is from Peter's records, but maybe not. Whose would it be? A lot of it pertains to Village Recorder & Los Angeles. When the album came out, we fans spent hours -- no, weeks -- calling all those phone numbers.

The movie is available on disc.

moviekinks.blogspot.com