Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2002, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default star signs and all that stuff

So, I’ve got this great book about Astrological signs, that I’ve had forever and for me and my immediate family it all rings pretty true, so I just have to put downs Lindseys Sign- he’s a Libra/Ox . Sorry it’s all a bit long but hey, it’s interesting. ( here goes)…….”Beauty and the Beast. This subject is a veritable storm of contradiction. Every detail must be perfect, every line straight and every flaw concealed. Weakness must be routed. Sloth eradicated. Yet, under this foil of faultlessness, Libra/Ox hides a secret. On the strict surface, Libra/Ox is efficiency and power, example and security. Underneath? An anthill of conflicting emotions. Purity charms this sterling character. He claims not to want any messes about. He protests he needs calm and cannot live in turmoil. Yet, L/O’s are forever getting themselves involved in emotional scrapes. Even though they seem to be above it all, they take in strays. They seek out madness. They are magnetized by complexity. Fact is, L/O’s are basically gentle people. They are addicted to beauty and cannot resist following this penchant. Their dream is perfection in life design. Clean, well- mannered children and pets. Lovely surroundings. Soft music playing in the back ground, a sensible fascinating mate who does him proud in the world at large and even well- behaved in-laws. But L/Os are too intelligent. They know that just as they have achieved this precious package, the slightest breeze will certainly come along and destroy it. Disappointment is the enemy of L/O. They are constantly finding others less impeccable than they would like. They are often deceived by those they love, and time and again they come back for more. If certain configurations repeatedly disillusion us, we ought to avoid those patterns. But L/O refuses . Stubbornly, and apparently with no sense of impending doom, L/O wakes up after monstrous bouts with chagrin and disenchantment, staggers to his feet and starts all over again. This time it will be different, hopes the earnest L/O. And this time is always exactly the same, only the set changes. L/O people make wonderful raconteurs. When a L/O tells you tales of his repeated woes and how he has been battered and buffeted by life and friends and family, you are riveted to your seat. What? This calm , unassuming, ingenuous and simple sort has been involved in such weirdness? Frankly, you can only wonder where all the complexity fits in. L/O, it goes without saying, is a family- dependant person. He will not be much of a party- goer or social butterfly. L/O prefers home (and all of its relatively manageable embroilments) to the scatty and unclean outside world. Sometimes, if your’e lucky, he will have acquired a certain distance from his own emotions. Then, this character can become exceedingly humorous. Libra is naturally talkative but not always artful. Ox on the contrary, doesn’t say much but what he says is usually done with a skillful turn. .What results in the L/O personality is sometimes known as the “gift of the gab”. These folks know how to use words wisely. LOVE….. The province of romance in this person’s existence is densely populated to say the least. This native is deceptively frolicsome as a love partner. Inside, he is a roiling cauldron of emotional hang-ups and demands. L/O is quarrelsome and manipulative, and don’t you dare forget it! One of the compensations for the difficulties of living with a L/O is that you will always be guaranteed a safe and secure home. Moreover, should you wish to, you are allowed to appear thoroughly insane. They will only love you more for your oddball beliefs and your own complex miseries. Remember however, that L/O’s stability is only skin deep. Act crazy if you want to, but keep your head about you, L/O, in his lust for experience, may be needing a wise second opinion. HOME AND FAMILY….”united we stand, divided we fall” should be L/O’s motto. This person’s devotion to the unit, the cause, the order, the system and the family is exemplary. As head of a household he’s at his most content. L/O likes to think of himself as the most benevolent generous and philanthropic despot who ever lived on this earth. You, as a card carrying member of his clan, should be honoured to have him as your leader. Yawn. No matter how roughly countrified his home may appear, this person will have a “lace curtain” mentality. He likes frippery and his tastes run to the gaudy. Nowhere, in fact, is the L/O schizophrenia so obvious as in his home. The heavy and cumbersome side by side with the frivolous. As parents, these people are demanding and loving. They cling to rigid standards and yet indulge their kids emotionally. PROFESSION…Librans born Oxen tend to achieve in the outside world. They have a taste for regular hours and can adhere to strict schedules, meet deadlines with ease and deliver the goods where work is concerned. They are diligent and very co-operative. L/O people are even diplomatic. They nit- pick a lot. They are endowed with extraordinary strength and won’t hesitate to take on the hardest jobs in any work situation. I’m not sure I’d like to have a L/O boss. They are such models of good behaviour on the surface that I should always feel diminished by comparison. L/O bosses by example. It’s the hardest way. This person is also a model employee. He doesn’t balk at even the least gratifying tasks. Moreover, he’s on his way up and always willing to put in overtime. He’ll be stubborn. But essentially he wants to co- operate. You can impress him with your own irreproachable behavior. Some good careers for L/O are ..writer, preacher, newscaster, educator, antique dealer, social worker” and GUITAR PLAYING ROCK GOD!!! (Ha… that was just me finishing a very long story…phew!) So.. what do you think??? Sounds a bit like him to me, although the only one who can really say is the guy himself. ( heheehehe). I have to say,I did miss out a bit about what signs he was compatible with coz I figured being married was good enough. I should also say that Stevies sign thingy is equally as interesting and just as LONG!! Funny too how some of the wording is somewhat FM/Lindsey related, don’t you think?
Old 11-24-2002, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a Libra and that is so true of me it really is strange.(Isn't that wierd? )

It's just freaked me out!

I'm no Lindsey Buckingham but virtually all the things said there seem to apply to me, although I would never normally talk about my good and bad traits but that really is as close as anything I have ever read that defines my character. I am totally freaked out!

And I though astrology was a load of *$%*!

Thanks for posting that (I think!)

Old 11-24-2002, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

haha...Madformac...I must say I do think some of this stuff is uncannily like you.......BUT...I still do think that astrology is a load of c**p (no offense to anyone who believes in it).

I have two main reasons for not believing in it at all:

a) The things they say seem to be quite specific, but if you look at most of what they say, it is actually quite vague. They fill it with SO much, that at least some of it is bound to make sense / apply to the individual reading it. It's like that card trick where the guy says pick ANY number between 1 and 50, but both digits must be odd, and can't be the same....then the person is surprised when the guy "telepathically" works out that the number is 37.....[by saying both digits must be odd, you've immediately eliminated most of the choices, then the "can't be the same" means that the most statistically common choice of "33" is disallowed, and then it has been shown that most people then go onto think of "37", not "35".]

b) My star sign is Taurus, and so is that of a couple of my friends: we couldn't possibly be more different...so where does that leave us "star sign"-wise....?

p.s. Another famous Taurean....Adolf Hitler.
Another famous Taurean....Sergei Prokofiev...

Last edited by seteca; 11-24-2002 at 07:27 PM..
Old 11-24-2002, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default your'e right Seteca..

I agree with you to a certain extent ( I'm afraid I quite like star stuff but not to the point of obsession!). What I've actually quoted from the book, applies only to Libras born in the year of the OX (Jan 1949-Feb 1950 ie Linds birth year and also those born inbetween those months , as above , in 1961-1962, '73-74 and'85-86) That is why this book is quite specific and interesting and I can understand that perhaps you and your pal are both Taurus, maybe born in different years though. With my luck, you'll probably write back and say you were both born in the same year!! So the quotations don't actually apply to Libras in general as such. Still, kinda cool no?

Last edited by tuigirl; 11-24-2002 at 01:12 PM..
Old 11-24-2002, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds interesting,

I'm actually, going by what I've investigated today, a Libra/Tiger (October 1974, right?) although in many ways the Libra/Ox stuff you quoted was very close indeed.

I've always dismissed any astrology, but it is quite interesting.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually Madformac, your'e right Jan'74-Feb'75 is a Tiger year. Hey, do we have the same book? The New Astrology by Suzanne White.???
Old 11-24-2002, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hmmm

No, I don't have any astrology books.

I know I was born in the Chinese year of the Tiger, and so I checked up on that and came to the conclusion I was a Libra/Tiger.

But, the big question is, are L/T very similar to L/O or not? That is the key to whether there is anything to this theory or if it is just as Seteca has pointed out and that some things may be relevent and the rest is just guesswork....

Old 11-24-2002, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default oh noooo....

Mac.. your'e NOT going to ask me to type out Libra/ Tigers are you?? It took me forever to do just Linds!!!! Incidently, I believe Tom Petty is also a L/T, how cool is that AND in Stevies compatabilities a L/T was mentioned as a good one! I'll think about doing a brief summary...maybe.....
Old 11-24-2002, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, I wouldn't ask you to type the whole Libra/Tiger thing!

Ox comes just before Tiger in the Chinese calendar thing doesn't it?
Maybe there are a few similarities between them, possibly.

So Stevie is compatible with Libra/Tigers like me, does she like younger men?!?!
Old 11-24-2002, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ummm......

er.......how young are we talking here????? My two typing fingers need a break for a bit, we'll see about that summary later. Tigers come AFTER Oxs ...sorry. By the way, I had a quick read and you sound like a real sweety......

Last edited by tuigirl; 11-24-2002 at 03:32 PM..
Old 11-24-2002, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Toyboys

Well, I'm 28 so that's a fair age difference!

We're not talking Anna Nicole Smith and the billionaire guy though

So I'm a "sweety", not been called that before .

I guess I am a nice guy, so I'm told anyway.

Old 11-24-2002, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually...forget about Stevie, you and I could chat on like this all night!!!:
Old 11-24-2002, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tuigirl
Actually...forget about Stevie, you and I could chat on like this all night!!!:
Yes we could (what does OUR compatibilty say) , but people will talk! (growling like a tiger)

AND I don't think it's relevant to the Lindsey Buckingham forum and Marty's bandwidth issues, although I do play guitar and wear black a lot. Isn't that wierd?

Last edited by madformac; 11-24-2002 at 04:21 PM..
Old 11-24-2002, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ok...

I confess...You actually are, in my compatabilities as well!! I'm a Pisces...BUT I think your'e right I've used FAR too much band width already, Marty will be having a fit and I could never forgive myself if we had to close down the Ledge for a week to catch up on the band width stuff!!!.....catch you later !
Old 11-24-2002, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, the part about L/O being good at meeting deadlines just blows the whole thing out of the water!

That is so false that it completely negates ANY part of it which might be true!
LMFAO!!!!