Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
Wow, I just wish people would be more open to learning about other religions instead of being afraid. Like a girl I work with flipped out and wouldn't let me explain that Wicca was good. People are afraid of what they don't understand.
i have gotten that alot~ i am not a practicing wiccan~ but i love to read about it~ we even made a trip to salem & when there met lauri cabot~ i have alot of mystical/wiccan type jewelry & a co wrker of mine, before i became self employed was a total bible thumper & used to sit at his desk "praying" for me, because i wore a magic wand necklace one day while i was pregnant~ he said i was sure to spawn a demon~ & he said he had a dream about the "tusk" lp cover (of all covers) & that the lord came to him in his dream & said stevie was a witch & i was going to hell for listening to her & wearing black~

i love reading about all religions & different beliefs & do agree w/ alot of what the wiccans practice~

my husband bought me "the witch's bible" to read, i haven't gotten to it yet tho~ but can't wait to read it~
Old 09-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

I've heard of The Witches Bible but haven't read it. A good book would probably be The Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft, i started that one I haven't finished it yet though, but what I read of it was good.

Oh Holiday, my mom as a Wiccan role model? I'd be the better role model, my mom has cursed people before and of course gotten back at her. She always says i'm the more gentler out of me and her and my younger brother, and that she is more into the dark side.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I just don't know about people! If anyone would really think about it, they'd see that wiccans are the LAST people they need to be scared of!! My husband won't even wear a pentacle anymore where it will show. He puts it under his shirt. I still wear one but I just ignore what anyone says about it. This is a government approved religion, as you said, and you shouldn't have to be made to feel uncomfortable.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

I mostly wear it under my shirt when in uniform I have to, but one time my Sgt told me to tuck it in even when I wasn't in uniform. When my old OIC/Company XO asked me what religion I was I stated other, sometimes I simply say I just fall under other because I don't like to answer questions, because people get weird about it. I think people focus more on me being a "neo hippie" (well for the most part, i'm all peaceful as a sgt once put it and well I like the ganga! i'll admit it! plus I like the concept) then anything! I swear if I end up re enlisting, which I wasn't going to, but I am contemplating it, I am demanding to be put down as a conscientious objector.

Last edited by ~GoldDustWoman~; 09-25-2009 at 03:51 PM..
Old 09-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
I've heard of The Witches Bible but haven't read it. A good book would probably be The Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft, i started that one I haven't finished it yet though, but what I read of it was good.

Oh Holiday, my mom as a Wiccan role model? I'd be the better role model, my mom has cursed people before and of course gotten back at her. She always says i'm the more gentler out of me and her and my younger brother, and that she is more into the dark side.
I guess what I meant was that there was someone in your life that you knew practiced an alternative religion, so you knew alternatives were out there. Some good books on wicca are Solitary Witch by Silver Ravenwolf and Exploring Wicca by Lady Sabrina. Also any books by Janet Farrar or Ray Buckland can be helpful.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

True true, I have quite a few but i haven't really read them sometimes I read. I get a bit antsy with reading sometimes. But it is nice to have someone who can relate even online!

Old 09-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I read a lot!! Anyway, as you said, it's good to have someone to relate to about religion. That way, even after a bad day, you know someone is around who understands where you're coming from!