The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-07-2018, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard tweeted that he thinks Lindsey should write a book. That he has a great memory. I love that Richard is keeping the dialogue open.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 07-07-2018, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Richard tweeted that he thinks Lindsey should write a book. That he has a great memory. I love that Richard is keeping the dialogue open.
Even the mere threat he would write a book would likely freak them out (except Mick of course)
Old 07-07-2018, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
No one is condemning him and I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. He can do whatever he wants and I sure he couldn't care less what I think.

I was at The Classics and he certainly wasn't happy making music with them. He was happy doing BuckVie music and those two FM concerts were not something he wanted.

You can say the band is a big part of his life, but tell me: where's the joy of being sorrounded by people who doesn't like you? He wants it back for what? Being around people that doesn't want to work with you anymore just for the sake of still being part of a band?

Now if you tell me he's doing it for the money, then I totally get it, and I don't doubt that's one of the reasons he wants to be back.
Honestly, each statement you made sounds exactly right.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No one is condemning him and I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. He can do whatever he wants and I sure he couldn't care less what I think.

I was at The Classics and he certainly wasn't happy making music with them. He was happy doing BuckVie music and those two FM concerts were not something he wanted.

You can say the band is a big part of his life, but tell me: where's the joy of being sorrounded by people who doesn't like you? He wants it back for what? Being around people that doesn't want to work with you anymore just for the sake of still being part of a band?

Now if you tell me he's doing it for the money, then I totally get it, and I don't doubt that's one of the reasons he wants to be back.
I don't believe they ALL didn't like him.

Stevie doesn't, for sure.
Mick, only loves money, but deep down he likes Lindsey.
John, doesn't love or hate anyone.
Chris did enjoy him and working with him, but she blew that up by not standing up for him.

So of course the band is a huge part of his life. And if the others had stood up to Stevie, or it played out the same way it did when Stevie was all over the map, why wouldn't he expect for them to work this through?

But, no, there was cruel S*%# going on behind his back that he didn't even know about. How's he then suppose to know what level the playing field is on?

Poor guy had no chance.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When Richard had his blog I distinctly remember him saying that Lindsey had a "near photographic memory"
Old 07-07-2018, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey is not a poor guy. His family is currently on vacation in Capri.

The band made a decision to move on from Lindsey. I think it is a damaging decision to the legacy of the band. But my opinion is irrelevant. The only opinions that matter are those of the majority of the band. They are all 70 plus, except for Lindsey. They chose a different course of business to for their last chapter. This is the last go around for them and the only reunion would only be driven by less than desired financial outcomes, but I think that time will run out on them before that is a motivating factor to reorganize yet again.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey is probably even less likely than John to write a book.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I don't believe they ALL didn't like him.

Stevie doesn't, for sure.
Mick, only loves money, but deep down he likes Lindsey.
John, doesn't love or hate anyone.
Chris did enjoy him and working with him, but she blew that up by not standing up for him.

So of course the band is a huge part of his life. And if the others had stood up to Stevie, or it played out the same way it did when Stevie was all over the map, why wouldn't he expect for them to work this through?

But, no, there was cruel S*%# going on behind his back that he didn't even know about. How's he then suppose to know what level the playing field is on?

Poor guy had no chance.
The only member that dislikes him is Stevie lol. Christine basically said that same thing ages ago after he left the band and I doubt it's changed. She said there was never real issues with him and any other band member, it was just Stevie. The thing is that people aren't loyal. When Christine left Stevie told the press how much she missed her and kept her piano but she barely spoke to her in that entire time period and also wanted to bring in Sheryl Crow. There's no loyalty.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
The only member that dislikes him is Stevie lol. Christine basically said that same thing ages ago after he left the band and I doubt it's changed. She said there was never real issues with him and any other band member, it was just Stevie. The thing is that people aren't loyal. When Christine left Stevie told the press how much she missed her and kept her piano but she barely spoke to her in that entire time period and also wanted to bring in Sheryl Crow. There's no loyalty.
I certainly wouldn't want to be on Stevie's shoes. At the end of the day, she has nothing, and it was her choice, no one else.
No matter how much her fans try to put her under a victim's light, she's a strong woman who chose a life and now she will have to live with those decisión, among many others.

Lindsey has 3 beautiful kids who love and support him, something he always wanted. He has money, talent, and a solo career. He's so better off without them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Honestly, each statement you made sounds exactly right.
Honestly, I don't care what you think. If you don't like what I say, don't read it.
Do me a favor and block me again. I'm sure your life will be so much better without my repetitive posts.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-08-2018, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, I don't care what you think. If you don't like what I say, don't read it.
Do me a favor and block me again. I'm sure your life will be so much better without my repetitive posts.
I just love you. That is all.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I certainly wouldn't want to be on Stevie's shoes. At the end of the day, she has nothing, and it was her choice, no one else.
No matter how much her fans try to put her under a victim's light, she's a strong woman who chose a life and now she will have to live with those decisión, among many others.

Lindsey has 3 beautiful kids who love and support him, something he always wanted. He has money, talent, and a solo career. He's so better off without them.
People can be happy being single or not having children. So to say she has nothing is just your opinion. Sorry if my previous sincere post angered you.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
People can be happy being single or not having children. So to say she has nothing is just your opinion. Sorry if my previous sincere post angered you.
Yeah, I’m sure of that. That’s why she spent half of her life writing about children. But luckily he got what he deserved.

I thought you had already blocked me. Was it this post different than the rest? I hope it was!
Old 07-08-2018, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I’m sure of that. That’s why she spent half of her life writing about children. But luckily he got what he deserved.

I thought you had already blocked me. Was it this post different than the rest? I hope it was!
I honestly don't remember blocking you, I think I responded to you several months ago and you said you thought I had blocked you because I hadn't responded to comments you had made to one of my threads before. Or maybe I said I was going to block you in a flash off anger. I have a horrible memory so it's very possible I'm not recounting it accurately. We've disagreed in the past but we've also agreed on other things. I try not to take things personally and I apologize if I've said things in a harsh manner to you. Definitely not my intention.

I was sincere when I posted before that your comments about Lindsey seemed right on the button. No pun intended, button-lip It's true Stevie has mentioned she's sacrificed marriage and children for her career, but I don't think it's accurate to say as a result she has nothing, that's all. Does that make sense?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is surrounded by Yes men/women. It’s safe to say she has few relationships on the level. She always circles back to LB because he’s that one person that’s ever rivaled her in focus determination and motivation. She tried to recreate with Don, and Tom, but they never needed her or gave the drama back, she feeds off it. She’ll play nice again at some point past actions prove she is a yo yo.