The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=mikeymac;1223478]This feels like Mick's decision to me. I get the feeling Mick wants to reassert HIS leadership; I'll bet he wants Peter Green songs back in and Lindsey scoffed. And what a complete double standard on the way Lindsey is treated versus waiting three years for Stevie, but then again Mick is a little partial to Stevie .[/QUO

I agree Mick may be partial to Steve but it's very obvious that Mick and Lindsey are close and that hasn't changed. It's all about timing.....timing timing timing.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree Mick may be partial to Steve but it's very obvious that Mick and Lindsey are close and that hasn't changed. It's all about timing.....timing timing timing.[/QUOTE]

How close now? And I am not trying to stir the pot with that comment at all. I saw the press and PR for BuckVie--it was a love fest for sure. You can tell they truly enjoyed it. The band has his name on it, and it's highly likely that he's the one that had to deliver the message. Again, we have no idea what went down so I am really trying not to speculate. It's been hard the last week for sure! I am drawn back to Lindsey's wife's post where she said something like "He's a good man and got a raw deal" something to that effect. Leading me to think/hope it is timing timing timing as you said.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope someone makes a "Hitler Rants" video about this. You guys know what I'm talking about right? That thing where they change the subtitles on the Downfall movie and make it so he's talking about something else.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I hope someone makes a "Hitler Rants" video about this. You guys know what I'm talking about right? That thing where they change the subtitles on the Downfall movie and make it so he's talking about something else.
i think someone should find a movie where it's a bunch of people going at it and the subtitles should reflect what each band member says
Old 04-16-2018, 11:54 PM
Ledgie

My goodness.

There is so much negativity here. It's like everyone lost a best friend, then their brother, then it rained for a month.

I'm sad Lindsey won't be a part of it, for sure. I even am teaching myself guitar with a style inspired from his playing. But I'm not angry. That's a lot of wasted energy. The band will go on for this tour, and who knows? Maybe they actually put together an album. I'm game to give them a shot.

Behind The Mask had some good tunes, although Do You Know and The Second Time were the cheesiest and weakest tunes on there, respectively. I do wish As Long As You Follow, No Questions Asked, Paper Doll, Heart of Stone, and Love Shines all found their way on there - even just As Long As You Follow replacing Do You Know and Paper Doll replacing The Second Time would've made that album a lot better. (Paper Doll would've been the needed energy to close out the album too.)

Everyone hates on Time soooo much. Yeah, it felt a bit strange (foreshadowing) not to have Lindsey or Stevie present for the first time since Heroes, and These Strange Times should've been cut (maybe All Over Again too, though it is sweet). Nights In Estoril actually would've been the better closer. But in my long-held opinion, there actually are strong songs on there, and had it been promoted as a country/AOR album in '93 instead of '95, it would've been more successful. Talkin' To My Heart has Top 40 on the country charts written all over it. As does Blow By Blow (which seems to receive the most angst from Time on here for some reason), and Winds of Change.

At any rate, I actually am intrigued by Neil and Mike being in the band - how will Christine and Stevie sound harmonizing with Neil? Does the band open with Everywhere (with Christine's voice at its freshest for the night), Little Lies, or even Rhiannon? Maybe Neil sings Hypnotized? His voice is high enough to sound closer to Lindsey's original vocal on The Chain, so that should be interesting. I could see Spare Me A Little of Your Love making an appearance now. It also wouldn't surprise me if they play one new song, which would be welcomed on my end.

If you don't want to support the band now, I get it, and maybe there are enough folks who feel that way, and that'll make floor seats affordable. But we have decades of music and performances with Lindsey in the band, and those aren't going away.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Idon't know, it's just while I'm by no means a Lindsey fan, I have to respect him for all his work in the last decades, after Christine left, he hold the band together, musically and with his energy on stage. And who will replace him in his way to energize the whole band? I feel that FM is now Stevies background band, throw in some catchy Christine songs. And I'm so disappointed about the lack of information/interviews/statements from the band. And the most important for me: What is Christines point of view? I want to know where she stands in this mess. Is she stabbing Lindsey in the bakc, or did something happen that made her change her only recently very good) opinion about him?
In the end, it doesn't matter, since I will probably not see the band again. Since 1990 I went to every germany tour at least once and I only ONCE managed to see all Five Fireflies together, in 2015. I will not deminish the memory of that day for the current incarnation, this is just not my band anymore.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Idon't know, it's just while I'm by no means a Lindsey fan, I have to respect him for all his work in the last decades, after Christine left, he hold the band together, musically and with his energy on stage. And who will replace him in his way to energize the whole band? I feel that FM is now Stevies background band, throw in some catchy Christine songs. And I'm so disappointed about the lack of information/interviews/statements from the band. And the most important for me: What is Christines point of view? I want to know where she stands in this mess. Is she stabbing Lindsey in the bakc, or did something happen that made her change her only recently very good) opinion about him?
In the end, it doesn't matter, since I will probably not see the band again. Since 1990 I went to every germany tour at least once and I only ONCE managed to see all Five Fireflies together, in 2015. I will not deminish the memory of that day for the current incarnation, this is just not my band anymore.
band is working hard paying various magazines and papers to push the story of "parting ways" (vs firing which is the truth - that LB wants out) plus surrounding smearing campaign against LB. they got some tickets to sell!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2018, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ I want them interviewed, want them to explain themselves. To tell me, why they are okay with no studio album, why the band is still called Fleetwood Mac when Christine or Lindsey are out, but not, when Stevie does not participate, why Lindsey is out right after Mike Campbell needs a new job. And why the heck I should take them serious after such a stunt.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My natural reasoning guided me to ask this question in this thread. Neale and Brett will most likely tour with this new FM lineup during the upcoming tour, right?

I don't know if these gentlemen are in a financial position to leave the FM Touring Band (Sharon, Stevvi, Lori, and Mick's support percussionist). I enjoyed watching Neale and Brett in Lindsey's touring band.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
band is working hard paying various magazines and papers to push the story of "parting ways" (vs firing which is the truth - that LB wants out) plus surrounding smearing campaign against LB. they got some tickets to sell!
Does it behoove them to smear him though? Devils advocate here, nothing more. The all look so incredibly immature here, that there really is no upside to a smear campaign, and it could hurt them more in the case of a lawsuit. No idea if there is one looming but if contracts were signed.....then you have CAH crawling out of the woodwork looking to sell more books. I also have not read anything new that’s particularly damaging to LB. I think bringing up passed theories about his behavior is ridiculous and an excuse to sell papers. IIRC, Stevie has never said anything beyond he’s difficult to work with (I am sure none of them are a walk in the park to work with). The biography about here was rubbish(even got her bd wrong)and she’s even acknowledged the fight in Christine’s driveway wasn’t her finest moment either. The remaining 4 are going to need to go out and do press for this. There are going to be so many clauses around what interviewers can and can’t ask, the most we are going to get is what their favorite colors are. I am not a Stevie fan or a Lindsey fan. I love them both and am ultimately a fan of the band. That’s why this entire episode is so disheartening
Old 04-17-2018, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Does it behoove them to smear him though? Devils advocate here, nothing more. The all look so incredibly immature here, that there really is no upside to a smear campaign, and it could hurt them more in the case of a lawsuit. No idea if there is one looming but if contracts were signed.....then you have CAH crawling out of the woodwork looking to sell more books. I also have not read anything new that’s particularly damaging to LB.
i have no idea how all this works. i was just told by a fellow fan (who is not a lb fan actually, but is in music publishing) that it's a standard practice in music business these days to send prepped statements and articles to various publications, and that there is a price list for that.

i think Carol's statement from the other day was very classy and it would be nice to leave her out of this. her statement almost sounded like somebody contacted her and asked her to throw LB under the bus, and she decided to not do that, while still staying truthful. so i have nothing but respect for her.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2018, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i have no idea how all this works. i was just told by a fellow fan (who is not a lb fan actually, but is in music publishing) that it's a standard practice in music business these days to send prepped statements and articles to various publications, and that there is a price list for that.

i think Carol's statement from the other day was very classy and it would be nice to leave her out of this. her statement almost sounded like somebody contacted her and asked her to throw LB under the bus, and she decided to not do that, while still staying truthful. so i have nothing but respect for her.
The statements are definitely prepped, could not agree more. Hopefully we get a little more substance out of the 5 of them at some point. Will go a long way to ending a lot of the speculation.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If ANYONE else is out, it is STILL called Fleetwood Mac, but when the one who rides broom, takes selfies and has never had plastic surgery (she just looks great because "she stopped going in the sun at 30"...YEAH RIGHT) isn't involved, we can't call it Fleetwood Mac. There is a reason that my admiration from Tambourine lady has gone from a 100 to a 3 in two years.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
My natural reasoning guided me to ask this question in this thread. Neale and Brett will most likely tour with this new FM lineup during the upcoming tour, right?

I don't know if these gentlemen are in a financial position to leave the FM Touring Band (Sharon, Stevvi, Lori, and Mick's support percussionist). I enjoyed watching Neale and Brett in Lindsey's touring band.

I wonder whether they'll need Neale. On the Shake the Cage Tour and Behind the Mask tour they only had Rick and Billy. Now they have Mike and Neil will they still go for a third guitarist? Having said that, Neil Finn is an accomplished keyboard player- do they even need Brett? Not wanting to talk them out of a job but I wonder if they need both of them. Otherwise, might Stevie want to bring Carlos back in?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-17-2018, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
If ANYONE else is out, it is STILL called Fleetwood Mac, but when the one who rides broom, takes selfies and has never had plastic surgery (she just looks great because "she stopped going in the sun at 30"...YEAH RIGHT) isn't involved, we can't call it Fleetwood Mac. There is a reason that my admiration from Tambourine lady has gone from a 100 to a 3 in two years.
In all the interviews I read with Lindsey for the Buckingham McVie album, he denied it was supposed to have been a FM album EVERY TIME. So either he was lying or it was never meant to be a FM album.

I think Lindsey was totally lying about it. It was supposed to be a FM album, and they kept hoping Stevie would give in and record a song or two they could slap on the album but she refused to do so, and the record label insisted it not be called a FM album.