Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
This is my take. I have seen many nasty posts on Facebook by now ex friends (I unfriended and blocked them) where Lindsey and or his family have been attacked. They bring up decades old abuse "allegations" and or behavior by Lindsey while ignoring or making excuses for everyone. One person went on and on claiming Buckingham McVie was called that just to piss off SN. They bring up how we left in 87 while ignoring the reasons behind that.

As far as I am concerned NO ONE in the band gets a pass for their past behavior but all of those things decades ago so why is it OK to cherry pick everything bad Lindsey ever did while excusing everyone else.

One of my favorite comments was on Instagram where some trolls went after his wife claiming that they only have the fancy house and money etc because of SN and her success. Obviously just some brain dead **** disturbers with nothing else to do. Then there was this beauty from an ex friend on Facebook that was posted a few days ago.

The fact you LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM even mentally let's not even delve into the physical abuse you put Stevie through sickens me!! Even though it was first documented in 1979 (tusk tour) where he kicked her, hit her with his guitar on stage and mocked her and christine even hit him afterwards. It wouldn't surprise me if he did it again.... the fact he's been KICKED OUT of Fleetwood Mac whether you like him or not makes me so happy! Stevie can feel unnerved and free on that stage without the presence of him being there I know I'll get comments through of silver springs moments and the sara moments but seriously she might have gotten over it (which I don't think she had clearly) He is and always will be a woman abuser Anyway rant over but let's not forget. Pretty slanderous I say. This is from a teen who has previously posted about wanting to meet SN and hoping to gets Karen's info so he can get a meet and greet through her. Keep dreaming buddy.

Then lately I have seen people post articles or quotes re Storms or Gold Dust Woman (The books) and they act like it is the gospel truth what was written in those books.

As for the tour,his own family has said that what Mick and SN said re the tour delay is not true and people don't believe them. His wife runs a reputable business so I hardly think she will lie and risk her reputation.

Plus all this talk about Lindsey was the one who didn't want to play the old stuff (pre B/N) is BS. Mick is the leader and the buck stops with him. If he really wanted to play Bob Welch, Peter Green, Danny Kirwan materiel he would have insisted it and he never did. I met him in 2009 and he said they don't play that stuff because most of their current fans don't know those songs and they would want the hits. Now all of a sudden Mick is interested in that material. Same goes for some of the fans of FM. Before this happened they could care less about songs not from the B/N Era and now suddenly they all excited about that materiel. I know this as in the past when I expressed my issue with them not playing songs from that era they said things like nobody wants to hear that stuff it isn't well known etc.

The ticket sales are very bad and I wonder what will happen if they get closer to show time and they still haven't sold many tickets.

As far as I am concerned Mick and SN have only themselves to blame if this tour flops. They know what they did and clearly it backfired as fans are not lining up to buy tickets.

Thanks for the honest input. I think the tour will sell ok.. However, there is no 'CRAZE' to see them.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Thanks for the honest input. I think the tour will sell ok.. However, there is no 'CRAZE' to see them.
Exactly. There's still two months ahead to fill those arenas and no matter how much people want this tour to fail; those seats will be filled once the tour starts.

I also want this tour to fail but let's face it, we're talking about FM, and casual fans still don't know Lindsey was fired. Besides, I don't think Lindsey's potential return to the band is linked to this tour's potential failure.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Exactly. There's still two months ahead to fill those arenas and no matter how much people want this tour to fail; those seats will be filled once the tour starts.

I also want this tour to fail but let's face it, we're talking about FM, and casual fans still don't know Lindsey was fired. Besides, I don't think Lindsey's potential return to the band is linked to this tour's potential failure.
I'm pretty sure casual fans do know Lindsey isn't going to be on the tour. Most everybody knows this by now. The point is that they don't care. They're casual fans. They want to hear the hits and as long as it mostly resembles Fleetwood Mac and Stevie is there, they don't care about the specifics of who is performing.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to do an interview with John and Christine.
both of them could have stopped this yet didn't.
I loved the BuckVie record but now that video looks so weird to me....

...and this bit about Lindsey holding them up when Stevie did just that -for years- and Lindsey is the one to get the boot? no.

Lindsey is obviously very intense and of course that probably drives everyone nuts but look at it this way....he's trying to make records your great grandchildren will love, not just do endless cash grab greatest hits tours.

They should have given him his props but they didn't. ...and Stevie not being able to table the BS and cough up 3 songs for a proper Mac album is reprehensible, she's had 30 odd years to do it. Selfish.

I'm not going to root for them to fall on their face, rather, something I think is far worse. This longtime fan is going to give them a big MEH.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'm pretty sure casual fans do know Lindsey isn't going to be on the tour. Most everybody knows this by now. The point is that they don't care. They're casual fans. They want to hear the hits and as long as it mostly resembles Fleetwood Mac and Stevie is there, they don't care about the specifics of who is performing.
This s probably the most likely scenario. And, as a result, this incarnation of the band will probably give us new music.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
This s probably the most likely scenario. And, as a result, this incarnation of the band will probably give us new music.
But no one buys new music. That’s what Stevie said.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^In the case of the new FM and me, Stevie is right.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
^^^In the case of the new FM and me, Stevie is right.
All praise $tevie!!!!!! $he's finally right!!!!
Old 07-30-2018, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
But how will they give us new music? Christine is the only one left who can write a decent hook, but in the last 40 years, she has done her best work within FM, which means together with Lindsey. Stevie has raided her vaults, she can't write anything even decent for deades now. Who will produce her songs, Dave Stewart? I have no idea about Neil Finn, but his strongest output is older, too. Mike Campbell, okay, he is a producer and writes songs. Too bad that TPATHB have always bored me to tears. Idon't see an album emerging from this mashup of people - there is no frame, talent, drive, energy and no urgency to make an album happen.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
But how will they give us new music? Christine is the only one left who can write a decent hook, but in the last 40 years, she has done her best work within FM, which means together with Lindsey. Stevie has raided her vaults, she can't write anything even decent for deades now. Who will produce her songs, Dave Stewart? I have no idea about Neil Finn, but his strongest output is older, too. Mike Campbell, okay, he is a producer and writes songs. Too bad that TPATHB have always bored me to tears. Idon't see an album emerging from this mashup of people - there is no frame, talent, drive, energy and no urgency to make an album happen.
Finally, someone said it. TPATHB bore me to tears, too. I usually like one song per album in the old days. But, it's so generic to me.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Finally, someone said it. TPATHB bore me to tears, too. I usually like one song per album in the old days. But, it's so generic to me.
Yeah, TPATHB made very high quality but utterly generic music. Everything they released almost seemed to be crafted by a corporate committee. I guess this explains my always complex feelings about Bella Donna, too. The music quality song for song arguably beats any other Stevie solo album. Yet the album is largely cold and lifeless to me. Other of her albums like Rock A Little and OSOTM might be white hot messes, but they at least had some real personality to them.

Regarding Dave Stewart producing Stevie’s songs in a supposed new FM album- not going to happen. She’s reportedly had a falling out with him and tossed him aside. Par for her course, Lindsey is the only one who has produced more than 2 albums with her.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope the creative energies will flow now that the source of trouble for the band is gone and new strong talents are in. Or maybe you are right that without Lindsey they are a laughable decrepit bunch of talentless has-beens.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

You may be right but I wonder given the high prices if people are not willing to pay those prices for a new lineup of FM. If people were really interested wouldn't they have bought tickets by now?
Old 07-30-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
You may be right but I wonder given the high prices if people are not willing to pay those prices for a new lineup of FM. If people were really interested wouldn't they have bought tickets by now?
It's funny, I'm a huge Christine fan and I have no desire to pay money to see them again. The BuckVie show spoiled me. I see why Lindsey fans don't want the Fmac tour as much as the solo tour. You get a better product for a better price.

I've seen all 3 singers do solo shows and I have to say Christine' 1984 was my fav. Out of the Cradle tour was a close 2nd.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
...I see why Lindsey fans don't want the Fmac tour as much as the solo tour. You get a better product for a better price.
I agree, much better. This firing is a blessing in disguise.