The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Is a great video a must?
Yes 18 45.00%
No 3 7.50%
Only if done well with the right song. 16 40.00%
Hard to say 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2003, 06:19 PM
Ledgie

I'm hoping for a 'real' video. But they did some sort of in-studio performance for it because Dateline and Extra and Today were all using it. The Dance sold so much because the concert was played over and over again. Maybe they've realized this and decided to give us a video already.

Ladybug swung down like a swing...kissed him with her wings
Old 04-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All I have to say is, thank God! It might be a little too late for Peacekeeper, but hopefully they will kick Say You Will off with a video right away. I personally feel with a video, Peacekeeper might be doing better on the charts. I know you guys think that since videos are only played in late night and morning that they don't matter, but if you've ever visited the VH1 Top 20 countdown, it's amazing just how many people POST there, much less watch the videos.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My idea for videos.

I have two:

Running Through The Garden...I see Stevie in a garden singing and Lindsey kind of playing guitar around her...this forbidden friut. At one point he tries to seduce her and she lets him and then turns away from him and then he plays as she screams and tears up her garden and it should be really bright with rich reds and yellows and greens and her in black dripping dress with like the colors bleeding as the video goes on and the colors kind of overlapping until the end where its just totally a mess of colors and all you see are Stevie's eyes and hands and then a blank screen.

And then Everybody Finds Out

I see the band on top of a building in the dark and just something like that. They are on top of a scyscraper...and the helicopters are going around and it would be dramatic and dark.

I think alot about this. These songs should be the next singles IMO.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Wow

Janet, why are you posting in these forums and not out there making music videos?!
Old 04-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You don't want me making these videos. Mrs B would take one look and divorce her husband after she saw what I had them do. I need to stay far away!!!

If FM did videos it would be boring performance videos and that's it. I miss the old days of the FM videos LIKE Seven Wonders and Gypsy. I mean together or not, S/L have electricity and that would get people to watch. Nothing like sex and beauty to get people watching you know???
Old 04-24-2003, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For Everybody Finds Out I like your concept. I intially thought it would be cool to show John walking on a stage...you only hear his footsteps at first and then you see him draw the curtain. Behind it would be Stevie on her "midnight plane." She looks out the window and starts singing the beginning of the song as she sees the city below and the Empire State Building. Perhaps the Empire State Building. That's when we can pick up on your idea....the band can be playing on the top of the building with helicopters flying around it...Stevie is trying to get into the Empire State Building but there are tons of people shoving cameras and microphones in her face...she's trying to push people out of the way and there's one photographer *wink wink* that keeps following her. She finally makes it upstairs to the top and everyone is gone...the helicopters are still circling the top of the building and she is crying. She looks down from the top and the camera zooms in on a yellow taxi and two people about to get in...Lindsey and the photographer....they smile at each other and the photographer takes her camera and takes a photograph of Stevie at the top of the building.

Janet girl, let's make a FM video!!!
Old 04-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

GSG, I love your video concept! Just thought I'd let you know

Nae
Old 04-24-2003, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by nae
GSG, I love your video concept! Just thought I'd let you know

Nae
Thanks Nae!! I actually had a dream about it last night most likely due to the fact that I fell asleep with my discman on with EFO on repeat...lol When I read Janet's post I was like, "woah! get out of my head!" That's a little freaky right there.....in the words of Lindsey several thousand times in 1997, "isn't...isn't that weird??!?" lol They should take our ideas and totally make this into a video....I think it would be awesome and i'm glad someone else does too. I think Janet and I would be happy with payment for the use of the idea with some backstage passes and dinner with the band
Old 04-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hiring you guys to make the video would be money well spent. IMO,much better than paying it to the shhhmuck who does their website! Anyway, good concept.

Nae