Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:57 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Jeremy Spencer to tour US Feb - Mar 2014

Happy New Year to all! We wanted to announce Jeremy Spencer's US tour, which is scheduled for Feb - March, 2014. Jeremy launched a Kickstarter Campaign today to fund this ambitious tour and his new release "Coventry Blue"

Jeremy Spencer's Kickstarter Campaign

We hope you enjoy the music and posted videos - and hope to see you at one of the venues.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

I see the workshop at Passim in Cambridge. I wonder if this is where Jeremy would play in MA if the tour comes to fruition?

John
Old 01-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love for Jeremy to play Club Passim. I go to that venue often and I would jump at the chance to see him play there.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! This is so exciting. Look forward to another stellar album and to the tour. Glad Jeremy is hitting NYC. I will consider the nature of my contribution.

New songs on Jeremy Spencer site are superb.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 01-02-2014 at 08:15 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now if only he'd come to Australia!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Press Release Web

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11407322.htm

Jeremy Spencer, Founding Member of Fleetwood Mac and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee, Announces US Tour & New Album "Coventry Blue"

Jeremy Spencer, legend of British blues, announced his 2014 US tour which will include a showcase at SXSW and appearances in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland and New York. Jeremy has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund the tour and his new release "Coventry Blue".

Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) January 07, 2014

Jeremy had planned a tour in 2012 in support of the recently released & critically acclaimed album "Bend in the Road", but the tour was unfortunately cancelled due to visa delays. Spencer’s fans in this country have long been waiting for his return. In fact, except for a few brief US appearances (in 2006 and 2010), 43 years have passed since Jeremy last toured the US (with Fleetwood Mac in 1971). With visa in hand, Jeremy announced today that he is scheduled to tour the US in February and March of 2014, initially booking venues in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Detroit, Chicago and New York.

Jeremy has launched a Kickstarter Campaign offering advance premiums that will extend his tour to other cities in the US and fund the new CD. Kickstarter supporters will be eligible to receive pre-release downloads of "Coventry Blue", autographed CDs or LPs, original artwork or private concerts. There will also be an exclusive 2014 Tour Club that will provide exclusive video and audio live updates from the tour.

Jeremy Spencer is renowned as a consummate slide guitar player with the years only enhancing his subtlety and taste. He still is the foremost Elmore James stylist alive - bar none. Jeremy can and does tear it up, retaining his verve, passion and devotion to the blues, but now he brings a cultivated maturity, assured conviction and compositional purpose that are truly sublime. His songs come via his intimate journey from the spiritual core of his heart and connect profoundly with listeners. The original Fleetwood Mac were Britain's most authentic blues band during the sixties boom before morphing into mega-million selling pop celebrity. Their beloved alliance remains an historic testament to the era's meeting of generations, melding of continents and shared musical devotion.

This tour will afford Jeremy the opportunity to display his many facets with a wider evolved guitar pallet as displayed on Bend and Coventry Blue. At last he will deliver live on these recordings with their haunting melodies and exquisite guitar harmonies as well as select mighty Mac blues and rock n' roll in his inimitable style. Expect his alternatively dirty and precise Elmore James slide stings; he'll delve deep into blues nuggets that he discerningly curates and revitalize the primordial rock that he spot on mimicked famously and comically on stage with the Mac. Further treat is his expansive range of influences from Django Reinhardt to Marty Robbins to Mark Knopfler, fingering them effortlessly and seamlessly incorporating them into his own compositions as natural an easy fit as that of his beloved ceramic slides. Jeremy's tour return to these shores at a creative pinnacle makes this a rare opportunity for fans.

"Bend in the Road" has garnered rave reviews:

"Making a full-blown return now, the veteran released his fifth solo album, "Bend in the Road", that shows the master hasn't lost a bit of his youthfulness. Spencer is in his element on this collection of newer cuts and classics such as Otis Rush's punchy, mesmeric "Homework" and Homesick James' "Homesick". They all feature that mythical slide, but Jeremy also plays a fine piano that breaks the album in the middle from classy to exceptional. But the genuine magic settles in after an ivories-lighted, deep "Merciful Sea", marries widescreen anger to a pacifying sway in an alchemic manner which can move mountains and souls. And then there's peaceful title song to elegantly sign it all off - and leave Jeremy's fans wanting more. The road goes on, so may Spencer's time be long." -- Dmitry M. Epstein, "Let it Rock"

"Bend in the Road" finds Jeremy Spencer doing what he does best, delivering quality blues. It's a great album filled with many exceptional cuts, once again assuring that Spencer will forever be remembered as one of the greats. And what's best? He is far from done. Be ready for some more music to surface in time to come." -- Mark Kadzielawa, "69 Faces of Rock"

"In following up "Precious Little," his notable 2006 comeback, Jeremy Spencer has crafted his fifth and finest solo release. Maybe "Precious Little" was Spencer’s way of getting his studio legs back after a nearly three-decade absence from recording. Or perhaps choosing to make "Bend in the Road" a collaboration gave it that extra oomph. Then again, it could simply be — as he told The Oakland (Mich.) Press in January 2010 — that "I’ve got so much material ’cause I’ve just been, like, dormant. I just turned 61, so you do kind of want to get it out while you can and show people what you’ve got." Whatever the reason, "Bend" is a startling achievement for the founding Fleetwood Mac slide guitarist." – Peter Hund, "Good New Music"
Old 01-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This should be interesting!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Published: 2014/01/14 Jams Band

http://www.jambands.com/news/2014/01...firms-u-s-tour

Original Fleetwood Mac Guitarist Jeremy Spencer Confirms U.S. Tour

Original Fleetwood Mac guitarist Jeremy Spencer has announced a number of U.S. tour dates. It will be Spencer’s first real tour through The States—with the exception of a few brief appearance in 2006 and 2010—since he last toured the country with Fleetwood Mac in 1971. The outing will take the guitarist to the West Coast, Midwest, Texas and the Northeast over the course of February and March before he wraps things up at the Iridium in New York City with the Les Paul Trio.

Spencer will be touring in support of his new release, Coventry Blue.He has also launched a Kickstarter campaign offering advance premiums that will extend his tour to other cities in the U.S. and fund the new CD. Kickstarter supporters will be eligible to receive pre-release downloads of “Coventry Blue”, autographed CDs or LPs, original artwork or private concerts. There will also be an exclusive 2014 Tour Club that will provide exclusive video and audio live updates from the tour.

Jeremy Spencer Tour Dates

February 12 Longbeach, CA—Fingerprints
February 13 Los Angeles, CA—Largo at the Coronet
February 14 San Diego, CA—LeStats
February 15 Westwood Music Workshop
February 16 Santa Barbara, CA—Soho
February 17 San Francisco, CA—The Chapel
February 19 Santa Cruz, CA—Moe’s Alley
February 20 Nevada City, CA—Minor’s Foundry
February 21 Winter’s CA—Palm’s Playhouse
February 22 Berkley, CA—Freight & Salvage Workshop
February 28 Cleveland, OH—Winchester Hall
March 1 Detroit, MI—Callahan’s
March 2 Ann Arbor, MI—The Ark
March 6 Milwaukee, WI—Shank Hall
March 7 Chicago, IL—Buddy Guy’s Legends
March 8 Chicago, IL—Rosas Lounge
March 9 Chicago, IL—Empty Bottle
March 12 Plano,TX—Love & War
March 13 Autin, TX—Yard Dog Gallery
March 20 Cambridge, MA—Regatta Bar
March 21 Hartford, CT—Black Eyed Sally’s
March 22 Passim Workshop
March 23 Piermont, NY—Turning Point
March 24 New York, NY BB King’s Blues Bar
March 25 Washington, DC—Blue’s Alley
March 27 Sellersville, PA—Sellersville Theater
March 28 Splatter Concerts
March 20 Brooklyn, NY—Jalopy Theater
March 31 New York, NY—Iridium (w/ Les Paul Trio)
Old 01-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Classic Rock Magazine, Martin Kielty at 08:27am January 15 2014

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/n...ts-next-album/

Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Jeremy Spencer has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund the release of his album Coventry Blue and a US tour.

It will be the second selection of tracks recorded during the session that also yielded his 2012 record Bend In The Road.

Spencer explains: “In 2006 I made my so-called ‘comeback’ with Precious Little. Then in 2010 I was introduced to Brett Lucas and his Detroit band of Fleetwood enthusiasts.

“The musical chemistry was instant and inspiring – we laid down thirty-two musically diverse tracks and Brett even enticed me to publicly step out on piano after many years! I named the album Bend In The Road, which turned out to be prophetic both for my personal path and for the album, as upon release we encountered a few peculiar bends and bumps upon our road.”

Those included failing to secure a sufficiently “interesting” record deal offer, plus the postponement of a US tour after Spencer’s work visa snagged on “a tenuous Fleetwood incident forty-five years ago”.

He continues: “My visa was finally granted in late 2013, but too late – without a supporting tour, the accolades for Bend In The Road were for nought, affecting its sales and taking us into financial straits.”

Spencer admits he’s “nervous at the precipice” of launching the Kickstarter campaign, although he’s optimistic about its potential. “Touring is a black hole of expense,” he says. “There’s the cost of travel from my home in Dublin, rehearsing, transporting, lodging, equipment rental, gas, food and paying the band.

“Our goal of $10,000 will be for vital tour seed money and the Coventry Blue CD release, and is just the minimum to get the tour rolling. It is your support that will make this tour reality, and we are extremely grateful for your support and pledge.”

The album will first be released digitally, but Spencer aims to have physical copies ready in time for the tour. Find out more.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's definitely been more tape to get through for musicians in a lot of places the last few years, you're doing well if someone doesn't cut your guitar strings without asking in order to check the insides... not sure what they'd do with a dobro/resonator...
Old 01-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have my tickets to see Jeremy at the Regattabar in Cambridge, Mass. on March 20. I'm looking forward to this.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I have my tickets to see Jeremy at the Regattabar in Cambridge, Mass. on March 20. I'm looking forward to this.
Me too! I'm so pumped. I see on the invoice it says "seating is based on time of your ticket purchase". So since this was just posted today, hopefully this means we'll get good seats, YAY!

John
Old 01-23-2014, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Me too! I'm so pumped. I see on the invoice it says "seating is based on time of your ticket purchase".
John
Wow, that's a novel way to seat and I think it sounds fair too. I wish more venues would start doing it that way. First come, first seated seems right. Michele
Old 01-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Wow, that's a novel way to seat and I think it sounds fair too. I wish more venues would start doing it that way. First come, first seated seems right. Michele
Yeah, that impressed me, and they did reiterate that in the e mail (as in, that IS what it means). They did say they couldn't let you know ahead of time what the specific seats are but as long as I get in, that's fine with me. They said to show up 30 minutes early (which is what I would be doing anyway) and they gave me 10% off a meal at their adjoining restaurant.

John
Old 01-24-2014, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pasadena Star News by Steve Smith, January 24, 2014
http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/arts...n-tonight-show

Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Jeremy Spencer is back

Jeremy Spencer, who with Peter Green, were founding guitarists in Fleetwood Mac in July 1967, will undertake his first U.S. tour in 43 years (when The Mac toured in 1971), according to his website.

The 30-date jaunt begins Feb. 12 with an in-store appearance at Fingerprints in Long Beach and wraps March 31 at Iridium in New York with The Les Paul Trio. Other appearances include Feb. 13 at Largo in Los Angeles and Feb 14 at LeStats in San Diego.

Spencer abruptly left Fleetwood Mac in February 1971 before the band’s scheduled gig at the Whiskey a Go Go. He then turned up as a member of Children of God, a Christian-based religious cult formed in Huntington Beach. The cult. of which Spencer remains a member, changed its name to Family International. Drummer Mick Fleetwood says Spencer and Green were both negatively affected by a bad mescaline trip they each took early on that tour.

The guitarist released five solo albums since 1970 and is expected to perform songs from those albums as well as delving deeply into tunes from his Fleetwood Mac days. Spencer will be backed by two bands depending on the location, The Evie Sands Band; and a band fronted by guitarist-back-up singer Brett Lucas.