Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Ledgie

Default ...and more gigs in Germany

Peter Green & Friends are playing 3rd of November 2009 in Braunschweig, Germany. They'll doing a set at Barnaby‘s Blues Bar.

Barnaby´s Blues Bar
Internet: http://www.barnabys-bs.de/news.php

Viele Grüße
Manfred

Last edited by manfred; 09-22-2009 at 09:18 AM..
Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Without Geraint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred View Post
Peter Green & Friends are playing 3rd of November 2009 in Braunschweig, Germany. They'll doing a set at Barnaby‘s Blues Bar.

Barnaby´s Blues Bar
Internet: http://www.barnabys-bs.de/news.php

Viele Grüße
Manfred
Thanks Manfred. It might be without Geraint Watkins though. According to an ad in MOJO magazine Geraint is playing with Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings in Theatre Royal in Norwich that night.

Ms Moose
Old 10-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Thanks Manfred. It might be without Geraint Watkins though. According to an ad in MOJO magazine Geraint is playing with Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings in Theatre Royal in Norwich that night.

Ms Moose
Yes it will be without Geraint Watkins It says on the Space Page that for the october and November tours he will be replaced by Julian Grudgings. So even though I think Geraint W. is perfect with P.G. - welcome to Julian Grudgings too

Ms Moose
Old 10-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes it will be without Geraint Watkins It says on the Space Page that for the october and November tours he will be replaced by Julian Grudgings. So even though I think Geraint W. is perfect with P.G. - welcome to Julian Grudgings too

Ms Moose
too bad geraint will miss this leg. he is perfect. the fills. the understated solos. i don't know of a better keyboard player for pete. does the space page say he'll be returning? zero
Old 10-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero View Post
too bad geraint will miss this leg. he is perfect. the fills. the understated solos. i don't know of a better keyboard player for pete. does the space page say he'll be returning? zero
Yes he is perfect because he has great sensitivity and he listens. The Space Page does not say anything about this.
I get a bit worried: major european tour, new keybord player, ect....slow down....

So, maybe this is a question for our italian friend, MARIO???

Ms Moose
Old 10-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Yes he is perfect because he has great sensitivity and he listens. The Space Page does not say anything about this.
I get a bit worried: major european tour, new keybord player, ect....slow down....

So, maybe this is a question for our italian friend, MARIO???

Ms Moose
Hello folks,

I don't have the answer right now, but I really hope to get it as soon as possible..

I've been invited backstage in Sarzana "to say hello in person"!!

Mario.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Hello folks,

I don't have the answer right now, but I really hope to get it as soon as possible..

Mario.
congratulations mario!

if you have a chance please pass along our best to pg and friends, if i can be so bold to speak for all. and a kiss for mike dodd from zero!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Hello folks,

Mario.
How wonderful for you - you should be invited backstage with all the work you have done to spread the gospel (don't mean to be blasphemous), with the photograph on the Anthology, writing biog.'s, keeping us informed and so on. Good luck to you Mario! I second mzero - pass on love from us all!

Ms Moose
Old 10-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How wonderful for you - you should be invited backstage with all the work you have done to spread the gospel (don't mean to be blasphemous), with the photograph on the Anthology, writing biog.'s, keeping us informed and so on. Good luck to you Mario! I second mzero - pass on love from us all!

Ms Moose
I'm sure you are glad to see this:

A: Mario

Dear Mario and all at the Ledge,

Thanks for your enquiry.

The short answer to your question is that Peter Green has many Friends!

Please be reassured that Geraint plans to return after he has fulfilled his commitment to the Rhythm Kings - a set of gigs which was booked months ago, long before Peter Green and Friends arranged the upcoming dates.

In the meantime we are very happy to welcome Julian Grudgings (Sherman Robertson) on board. Julian was recommended by Geraint as a player of sensitivity and taste, and we're looking forward to presenting the amended line-up to Irish and European fans.

Also, Martin Winning (Van Morrison, John Martyn) the tenor sax player who joined the band for the gig at Moles Club, Bath (2nd Sep) will hopefully be joining us in Braunschweig (5th Nov) and Horsens (7th Nov).

Updates, gig listings, reviews and photos will be posted on the band's fan pages on Myspace, Facebook and iLike, and a band website is planned for 2010.

We hope that Peter's loyal fans at the Ledge will enjoy hearing regular news about the band and we thank you for your continuing support during what is a very exciting time for all of us.

Best wishes

Peter Green and Friends

Last edited by Mario; 10-09-2009 at 03:28 PM..
Old 10-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm sure you are glad to see this:

A: Mario

Dear Mario and all at the Ledge,

Thanks for your enquiry.

The short answer to your question is that Peter Green has many Friends!

Please be reassured that Geraint plans to return after he has fulfilled his commitment to the Rhythm Kings - a set of gigs which was booked months ago, long before Peter Green and Friends arranged the upcoming dates.

In the meantime we are very happy to welcome Julian Grudgings (Sherman Robertson) on board. Julian was recommended by Geraint as a player of sensitivity and taste, and we're looking forward to presenting the amended line-up to Irish and European fans.

Also, Martin Winning (Van Morrison, John Martyn) the tenor sax player who joined the band for the gig at Moles Club, Bath (2nd Sep) will hopefully be joining us in Braunschweig (5th Nov) and Horsens (7th Nov).

Updates, gig listings, reviews and photos will be posted on the band's fan pages on Myspace, Facebook and iLike, and a band website is planned for 2010.

We hope that Peter's loyal fans at the Ledge will enjoy hearing regular news about the band and we thank you for your continuing support during what is a very exciting time for all of us.

Best wishes

Peter Green and Friends
Oh yes I am - and I think I speak for everybody here (?). It's great that they respond to the interest at last, but I can also understand that is has to be a bit subtle and underplayed, not to get too much "sand kicked up". It is a big step going into website-land, Myspace ect. considering our hero's sensitivity to too much exposure.
Thanks, Mario.

It's sounds as if there is a good atmosphere in the group, which is very nice. Some of us never thought that PG would perform again after Splintergroup.

I wonder if Celmins is following them around more closely as he did with Splintergroup (even opening for them sometimes) or whether he is just looking from the sideline? It seems like he is still close to PG.

Ms Moose
Old 10-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Oh yes I am - and I think I speak for everybody here (?). It's great that they respond to the interest at last, but I can also understand that is has to be a bit subtle and underplayed, not to get too much "sand kicked up". It is a big step going into website-land, Myspace ect. considering our hero's sensitivity to too much exposure.
Thanks, Mario.

It's sounds as if there is a good atmosphere in the group, which is very nice. Some of us never thought that PG would perform again after Splintergroup.

I wonder if Celmins is following them around more closely as he did with Splintergroup (even opening for them sometimes) or whether he is just looking from the sideline? It seems like he is still close to PG.

Ms Moose
Yes, Martin and Peter are still good friends. I really hope that Martin will be involved with the band and in the making of the planned website.

File Martin under "very good guy"!

Mario.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, Martin and Peter are still good friends. I really hope that Martin will be involved with the band and in the making of the planned website.

File Martin under "very good guy"!

Mario.
Mario, do you know if Martin is planning an updated edition of his biography of Peter? It's 6-7 years since the last edition, and a lot has happened since then.

And any idea whether "Peter Green & Friends" is planning to do any recording, either in the studio or live? An official live video would be cool
Old 10-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Mario, do you know if Martin is planning an updated edition of his biography of Peter? It's 6-7 years since the last edition, and a lot has happened since then.

And any idea whether "Peter Green & Friends" is planning to do any recording, either in the studio or live? An official live video would be cool
No, I'm sorry these are two question I'm really not able to answer to----

I will ask Martin for the "Biography", anyway....

Cheers,

Mario.

Last edited by Mario; 10-17-2009 at 01:42 PM..