Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Sorry, I don't think Down On Rodeo is ever gonna get big time radio play, no matter how good it is. Once again this maximum exposure/sales argument doesn't convince me. Lindsey is never going to sell millions again, especially as a solo artist, it's his hardcore fans he needs to appeal to rather than casual listeners.
My comment is being misconstrued... I didn't say that "Down On Rodeo" would get "big time radio play" or that Lindsey is going to sell millions again (wait, did he ever sell millions on his own?). I just tend to think that when DJs across the United States get that promo CD, they're going to opt not to play "Show You How," whereas they would be more inclined to give "Down On Rodeo" a chance.

The thing is, I have no idea what kind of numbers Warner/Reprise might be eyeing for this release. I'm sure it's something far more reasonable than what they expected for 'Say You Will,' but if it doesn't do at least what 'Out Of The Cradle' did (roughly 54,000 copies), then the danger is there that we won't get that electric album Lindsey has been talking about.

That's the only reason I want this album to get as much attention and as broad of an audience as possible.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 09-20-2006 at 01:13 PM..
Old 09-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
My comment is being misconstrued... I didn't say that "Down On Rodeo" would get "big time radio play" or that Lindsey is going to sell millions again (wait, did he ever sell millions on his own?). I just tend to think that when DJs across the United States get that promo CD, they're going to opt not to play "Show You How," whereas they would be more inclined to give "Down On Rodeo" a chance.

The thing is, I have no idea what kind of numbers Warner/Reprise might be eyeing for this release. I'm sure it's something far more reasonable than what they expected for 'Say You Will,' but if it doesn't do at least what 'Out Of The Cradle' did (roughly 54,000 copies), then the danger is there that we won't get that electric album Lindsey has been talking about.

That's the only reason I want this album to get as much attention and as broad of an audience as possible.
I know you didn't, I'm just enjoying arguing with you!
Warner knows how well Lindsey's last solo efforts sold and I'm pretty sure it has a fair idea how Under The Skin will sell too. I don't think Warner would be announcing this proposed second album in all the press pieces I've read so far if the second album was dependent on the success of the first. I think it is expecting similar numbers to OOTC and I'm pretty sure it will do that with or without radio support.
Also what's so uncommercial about Show You How anyway? There's a good chance it will perform okay, why are we dismissing it? I was just bummed at Bandon's suggestion that releasing that as the first single over DOR would effectively kill the album before it even had a chance!

Last edited by trackaghost; 09-20-2006 at 02:08 PM..
Old 09-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I know you didn't, I'm just enjoying arguing with you!
It's fun to have NEW Lindsey songs and topics to debate and discuss, isn't it? At least it is for me.
I hope Gerald realizes that's the intention behind my dialogue with him, too.

Quote:
I don't think Warner would be announcing this proposed second album in all the press pieces I've read so far if the second album was dependent on the success of the first.
Well, I certainly hope that's true. I guess I'm still a little wary since so much was made out of 'Gift of Screws' in all the Warner-generated press during 'The Dance' and directly after... and we all know what happened with that.

Quote:
Also what's so uncommercial about Show You How anyway? There's a good chance it will perform okay, why are we dismissing it? I was just bummed at Bandon's suggestion that releasing that as the first single over DOR would effectively kill the album before it even had a chance!
I don't know where Bandon's from (I'm guessing the US), but I know that there isn't a radio station anywhere around me that I can imagine playing "Show You How." I can think of several that would spin "Down On Rodeo" though.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know where Bandon's from (I'm guessing the US), but I know that there isn't a radio station anywhere around me that I can imagine playing "Show You How." I can think of several that would spin "Down On Rodeo" though.
Well, maybe you're right but releasing Show You How as the first single will help it quickly fizzle out? (as Bandon said) I don't think that's true and besides DOR may well make it as a second single, if there is one. But I stand by my point that Under The Skin doesn't really need singles so much to sell to its target audience. I think the tour and any press it gets will be a bigger boost than radio play.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You did a great job of articulating my point.