Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:35 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
That's for the judge to decide.
No, it isn't. The judge won't be changing legislation to decide what does and does not constitute an oral contract, which is exactly the same as an oral agreement, which YOU claimed they had. You keep changing your statements to suit your agenda.

What the judge will decide is if LB can prove he had an oral contract with FM and whether or not there was just cause to terminate him. I have no idea what evidence either side intends to present at trial, and neither do you. Either way, it's a sad, sorry way for this band to go out, at this late stage in the game, both for the fans, and the legacy of the band.
We can all break down forever " 💔
Old 10-13-2018, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Agree---it could drag on for a long time, probably right up to the day before going to court then both both parties will settle. That's my take on it anyway.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it bad I kinda want this to go to court at this point? It'd be worth all the popcorn I'd digest. Band is already over for me, might as well light the gasoline.

Stevie Nicks: "He questioned my lyrics and was mean to me. I mean, hello? Bob Dylan anyone?"

Lindsey Buckingham: "Have you heard her ramble? I present to you, Exhibit A: The Gypsy talk and Exhibit B: The Without You introduction."

John McVie: "Now, now you two."

Mick Fleetwood: "Would anyone here like to buy a Deluxe edition of I'm Not Me? Perhaps a Meet and Greet? Lowest I'll accept is 300."

Christine McVie: "Out of nowhere I just saw this twirling idiot flinging a guitar across the stage so I hurled my glass of wine in his face."

John McVie: "I saw it, flew right past my face."

Mick Fleetwood: "How about a Deluxe edition of Time? Anyone like Time? Nobody? Hello?"

Stevie Nicks: "I chased his ass outside and tried to kill him. Who backs out of a tour at the last minute."

Lindsey Buckingham: "I really tried to get as good a sound I could out of anything. Trash can lids, boxes, kazzoo's, Stevie Nicks's shawls. I used just about anything on Tusk. Did I mention I was doing a lot of coke. I mean, a lot of coke."

John McVie: *sigh*
Old 10-13-2018, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it bad--no. After all the grief this has caused I can see the "value" in FM Court TV. Remember OJ's Bronco? Only this time there will be 5 of them to follow. Really tho the whole thing is so sad...
Old 10-13-2018, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee View Post
You keep changing your statements to suit your agenda.
Par for the (gldstwmn) course.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Anyone who thinks this case is going to trial is either deluded out of their mind or knows absolutely nothing about the legal system. Cases like these just about never go to trial. They can take them very far but very, very rarely do they get inside the courtroom.
Correct!

Right now, it's sword rattling time. Buckingham just wants a cut of the action and he'll probably get it through a hefty settlement. Who can blame him. And, the band, FWM, just wants him gone. Who can blame them.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Is it bad I kinda want this to go to court at this point? It'd be worth all the popcorn I'd digest. Band is already over for me, might as well light the gasoline.

Stevie Nicks: "He questioned my lyrics and was mean to me. I mean, hello? Bob Dylan anyone?"

Lindsey Buckingham: "Have you heard her ramble? I present to you, Exhibit A: The Gypsy talk and Exhibit B: The Without You introduction."

John McVie: "Now, now you two."

Mick Fleetwood: "Would anyone here like to buy a Deluxe edition of I'm Not Me? Perhaps a Meet and Greet? Lowest I'll accept is 300."

Christine McVie: "Out of nowhere I just saw this twirling idiot flinging a guitar across the stage so I hurled my glass of wine in his face."

John McVie: "I saw it, flew right past my face."

Mick Fleetwood: "How about a Deluxe edition of Time? Anyone like Time? Nobody? Hello?"

Stevie Nicks: "I chased his ass outside and tried to kill him. Who backs out of a tour at the last minute."

Lindsey Buckingham: "I really tried to get as good a sound I could out of anything. Trash can lids, boxes, kazzoo's, Stevie Nicks's shawls. I used just about anything on Tusk. Did I mention I was doing a lot of coke. I mean, a lot of coke."

John McVie: *sigh*

Same here. Lost interest in the band a decade ago. Rather see Lindsey or Stevie solo anyway.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Is it bad--no. After all the grief this has caused I can see the "value" in FM Court TV. Remember OJ's Bronco? Only this time there will be 5 of them to follow. Really tho the whole thing is so sad...
I think they should make this even more entertaining for us and go on The People’s Court or something.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Could be a whole new show: "Celebrity Lawsuit". Tune in for the Inaugural Edition w/Fleetwood Mac. Commentary from legal analysts, interview people outside the courtroom everyday . Ratings gold!
Old 10-13-2018, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Correct!

Right now, it's sword rattling time. Buckingham just wants a cut of the action and he'll probably get it through a hefty settlement. Who can blame him. And, the band, FWM, just wants him gone. Who can blame them.
agree with the first bit.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-14-2018 at 11:45 AM..
Old 10-13-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
I think they should make this even more entertaining for us and go on The People’s Court or something.
Judge Judy! Can you imagine? "Don't smirk at me Mr. Buckingham."
Old 10-13-2018, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Judge Judy! Can you imagine? "Don't smirk at me Mr. Buckingham."
If they went on Judge Judy, literally everyone not named McVie would end up in jail.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:49 PM
Storms123
This message has been deleted by Storms123.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
If they went on Judge Judy, literally everyone not named McVie would end up in jail.
LOL! This is a wonderful thread! I would love to see Judge Judy’s reaction to one of Stevie’s, Lindsey’s, or Mick’s monologues. But because of her sassyness I think Chris would join Stevie, Lindsey and Mick in jail. John would be spared because he rarely speaks.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seeing them in front of Judge Mablean would be hilarious too!
Old 10-14-2018, 04:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee
You keep changing your statements to suit your agenda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
Par for the (gldstwmn) course.
We should cut gldstwmn some slack:
it must be a struggle to come up with coherent, logical posts when one's trying to meet a self-imposed quota of 500 posts per month.