The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I missed most of the show, except for Taylor, Paris, and Chris, who is pretty much confirmed as my favorite at this point. Hopefully, they will have a better theme next week.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I missed most of the show, except for Taylor, Paris, and Chris, who is pretty much confirmed as my favorite at this point. Hopefully, they will have a better theme next week.
if Taylor yells, woops, coos or woohoos one more time I may put my head in the oven. I enjoy his voice and he really is consistent, but dear god why does he have to yelp every other second and all that damn terrets-looking stuff...geez...it's getting so old. Just as old as Pickler's "dumb blonde" act.

Does it bother anyone else that she talks when she's not supposed to? She interrupts at odd times. I thought she was cute and I liked her, now I'm just perturbed. I hate people sometimes...seriously, I do.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
Just as old as Pickler's "dumb blonde" act
im glad they gave her the critiques she received...
perhaps these will bring her back down to earth
Old 03-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Does it bother anyone else that she talks when she's not supposed to? She interrupts at odd times. I thought she was cute and I liked her, now I'm just perturbed. I hate people sometimes...seriously, I do.
I went from really liking her (audition stage) to seriously hating her (last week), to realizing she may be THAT stupid and nervous (last night). I just don't know. No matter what, she's not that great of a singer, bottom line.

And I'm in agreement about Taylor's wooping. Most of the time it seems genuine, but there are times it seems contrived.

I meant to mention earlier that I felt SO bad for poor Bucky when Simon made the dig about his hair. Of course we (husband and I) were wtf'ing over it- and then Simon said it out loud. God, you could tell Bucky was horribly embarrassed about it. Hehe.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My top three from last night were Taylor, Chris and Katharine, with Taylor being number one. I really enjoyed his performance and I LOOOOOVE the salt and pepper hair.

Everyone else to me was just average, with the exception of Pickler and I just thought she sucked. If she went tonight, I would be thrilled, but I doubt there's any chance in hell that will happen. Actually I predict it will be Melissa who goes home tonight.

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 03-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
My top three from last night were Taylor, Chris and Katharine, with Taylor being number one. I really enjoyed his performance and I LOOOOOVE the salt and pepper hair.

Everyone else to me was just average, with the exception of Pickler and I just thought she sucked. If she went tonight, I would be thrilled, but I doubt there's any chance in hell that will happen. Actually I predict it will be Melissa who goes home tonight.
I think it will be either Melissa or Bucky who go home tonight. I like Bucky because he seems like a genuinely sweet person and his voice is interesting. Unfortunately, I think he's not in the same league as some of the others and doesn't have as many fans as say, Kevin.

Agreed that the theme was crappy, but I loved loved Taylor, Paris, and Katharine's performances. I LIKED Chris' because of the nostaligia factor (again with the early 90s alternative thing), but though Simon commended him for not doing a Stevie karaoke version of the song, he could have said it was a Chili Pepper karaoke version. A good one, mind you. I just don't find him as "current" as Simon keeps saying he is. At any rate, Chris will probably win the whole thing.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress
he could have said it was a Chili Pepper karaoke version. A good one, mind you. I just don't find him as "current" as Simon keeps saying he is.
that's exactly what I was thinking too.

I don't think Katharine was that great. She seemed to be yelling most of the song, to me.

Melissa screwing up the words was the worst...I mean, even though I'm not a big Stevie fan, I know that part of the song. Plus I don't think she has the voice to sustain this competition.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really like Melissa, but she did not do well last night. i remember thinking that the judges would blast her for being out of tune & forgetting the words, but they didn't really say too much.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy awww poor pickler

March 15, 2006
Kellie Pickler is a Daddy's Girl

American Idol contestant and North Carolina native, Kellie Pickler, has a father who is serving a 45 month prison term for felony assault on a law enforcement officer. Carl Pickler wrote a letter to the Stanley News & Press thanking the residents of Stanley County for their continued support of Kellie.

"Kellie has really touched my life with all she has overcome," he wrote. "I can take no credit for anything she has accomplished in her 19 years of life. I'm only regretting the fact that I'm not there to support her in person."

Girls with daddy and abandonment issues are almost as great as hot chicks with the self-esteem of a fat girl with an eye patch, so it's no surprise that millions of guys are completely in love with Kellie Pickler. She's dumb and eager to please, but she's cute and has actual talent. Her life story would be too depressing for a Lifetime movie, but she has managed to pull her way out of a bad situation and now has a actual shot at winning. Whatever the outcome, Clay Aiken has already volunteered to visit the prison, and he's even bringing his own syrup.
http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com...ddys-girl.html
Old 03-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And Lisa was horrible, she croaked her way through and the judges ate it up...figures.

I think Lisa is boring and forgettable. Why does Simon like her so much?!?!?! I think she's one of the worst!
Old 03-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress
but though Simon commended him for not doing a Stevie karaoke version of the song, he could have said it was a Chili Pepper karaoke version. A good one, mind you. I just don't find him as "current" as Simon keeps saying he is.
My husband and I had this very same discussion last night! It was a total Chili Peppers rip-off, and yes a good one at that That's fine though, he's one of the best in this competition, it's just that Simon contradicted himself in his comments which happens sometimes.

I thought it was mean when Simon said that Pickler went to the Dolly Parton school of styling, or whatever, you know about her look last night. I mean, she felt bad enough about her horrible performance, (even before the judges said anything about it) why did he have to rub salt in the wound? I just thought that was a bit much, she looked like she was going to cry.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
I think Lisa is boring and forgettable. Why does Simon like her so much?!?!?! I think she's one of the worst!
totally...me too.

he likes her so much because she could be his ex-girlfriend's twin.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
The stylist(s) should be shot repeatedly with a high-powered firearm. And then shot again.
I totally agree. It's bad enough that this was their first performance on "the big stage". Kellie, Melissa and Katherine looked so uncomfortable in their dresses and the comments about Bucky's hair and the possibility of dyeing Taylor's hair are inappropriate. It's funny how the judges are always talking about making the songs their own yet they are forced to appear on stage in a look determined by a "stylist". What happened to just being yourself. Can you imagine what the judges would have said to someone like Stevie had she shown up as Rhiannon?

Terry
Old 03-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
totally...me too.

he likes her so much because she could be his ex-girlfriend's twin.

Ahhh, I see. I thought he might have a little thing for her, that's the only way to explain his adoration because girlfriend is a snoozefest up there.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Chris, Paris, Taylor & Mandisa were the only ones who really impressed me last night, although Mandisa was a bit shaky at the start.

Elliot, Katherine, Lisa, Melissa & Bucky were all good, but nothing special IMO.

Kellie sucked, Ace was dull, and Kevin? I almost peed my pants - "Part Time Lover?" Are you kidding me? Bwwaaahhhaaaahhhhaaa! He should go.

At least nobody did "I Just Called..."
Yeah, but I heard Kevin has that same group Scott had from last year voting for him.