The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Murrow Murrow is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Well, I think they've made my mind up for me. I might just have dragged myself along to the O2 out of some sort of loyalty, but there's no way I'm going to sit in an 80 000 seater stadium for a Buckinghamless Mac with all the distance and alienation that would imply. If they've dropped Hypnotized already it's not going to be back in a country where Bob Welch fans are about as common as unicorns....

Enjoy the money, Mick. Many congratulations on your victory, Stevie. Let me know when you guys record something...
Perhaps I should wave a banner saying "Unicorns of the world unite". I too see no point in seeing this line-up while
  1. They have no new material to promote
  2. They've dropped Hypnotised while maintaining Monday Morning and Second Hand News.
  3. Black Magic Woman is overly rewritten just so Stevie can sing it.
  4. Stevie gets to sing a verse on Don't Dream It's Over and All Over Again in spite of the fact that their composers are on the stage with her.

Having seen them on the SYW and OWTS tours I'd only be there for Isn't It Midnight.
__________________
Reuniting the Rumours line-up just produced 20 years of virtual silence. If Stevie didn't like the heat she should have quit the kitchen.

I know many will disagree - I have no desire to quarrel.

Peace and love everyone
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-22-2018, 05:24 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Perhaps I should wave a banner saying "Unicorns of the world unite". I too see no point in seeing this line-up while
  1. They have no new material to promote
  2. They've dropped Hypnotised while maintaining Monday Morning and Second Hand News.
  3. Black Magic Woman is overly rewritten just so Stevie can sing it.
  4. Stevie gets to sing a verse on Don't Dream It's Over and All Over Again in spite of the fact that their composers are on the stage with her.

Having seen them on the SYW and OWTS tours I'd only be there for Isn't It Midnight.
Murrow, if only more posters were like you! I'm serious. You say your piece and make some valid points, all without insulting anyone or saying anything nasty.

Unlike you, I'm glad Stevie is singing on the two songs you mention. I hate it when she leaves the stage while the other members are performing, because it seems disrespectful in a way. The fact that she is singing on those songs shows me she's really invested in the set list. She and Christine could easily leave the stage during Neil's songs (DDIO, YGM, HYP) but they don't and I love it. Although I'm bummed they've dropped Hypnotized, but maybe it'll come back. Regardless, this set list is killer and I'm happy they mixed it up so much.
__________________
I'm seeing Lindsey Buckingham on Nov 26!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-22-2018, 07:03 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I hope so!
Welcome back Sharon!!!
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-22-2018, 07:38 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I hope so! I think Neil Finn is playing two nights so I imagine Lindsey could easily do the same here.
is he playing there during the FM tour?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-22-2018, 08:05 PM
Murrow Murrow is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Murrow, if only more posters were like you! I'm serious. You say your piece and make some valid points, all without insulting anyone or saying anything nasty.

Unlike you, I'm glad Stevie is singing on the two songs you mention. I hate it when she leaves the stage while the other members are performing, because it seems disrespectful in a way. The fact that she is singing on those songs shows me she's really invested in the set list. She and Christine could easily leave the stage during Neil's songs (DDIO, YGM, HYP) but they don't and I love it. Although I'm bummed they've dropped Hypnotized, but maybe it'll come back. Regardless, this set list is killer and I'm happy they mixed it up so much.
Oh I've done my fair share of nasty on here in the past (my signature comes close) but I really think there's just too much of it in the camp right now.

One reason I think Gold Dust Woman is the perfect closer to Rumours is because it's not a jab at anyone in the band, it just kind of says "You know what? We're all a bit f***ed off with each other, let's go home."

We'd do well to remember that in the fan community right now.
__________________
Reuniting the Rumours line-up just produced 20 years of virtual silence. If Stevie didn't like the heat she should have quit the kitchen.

I know many will disagree - I have no desire to quarrel.

Peace and love everyone
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-22-2018, 09:23 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Neil Finn had like thirteen top 40 hits in the UK.
Yes but Neil finn isn't and never will be Fleetwood Mac. EVER
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-22-2018, 09:32 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Yes but Neil finn isn't and never will be Fleetwood Mac. EVER
You donít get it. You donít get why Peter Green brought on a second guitarist and named the band after the rhythm section. The band has always been bigger than any one member, by design. Will Neil ever get a chance at proving his worthiness to the overall legacy of Fleetwood Mac? Maybe, maybe not. But Lindsey wasnít Fleetwood Mac, either. He was definitely a huge part of Fleetwood Mac, but he was still just a part. And, that was always the point.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-22-2018, 09:44 PM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Yes but Neil finn isn't and never will be Fleetwood Mac. EVER
He is though. Deal with it.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-23-2018, 05:55 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Yes but Neil finn isn't and never will be Fleetwood Mac. EVER
Well, some Americans say Donald Trump isn't THEIR president...
__________________
I'm seeing Lindsey Buckingham on Nov 26!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-23-2018, 08:52 AM
wilsonmac wilsonmac is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Perhaps I should wave a banner saying "Unicorns of the world unite". I too see no point in seeing this line-up while
  1. They have no new material to promote
  2. They've dropped Hypnotised while maintaining Monday Morning and Second Hand News.
  3. Black Magic Woman is overly rewritten just so Stevie can sing it.
  4. Stevie gets to sing a verse on Don't Dream It's Over and All Over Again in spite of the fact that their composers are on the stage with her.

Having seen them on the SYW and OWTS tours I'd only be there for Isn't It Midnight.
I'm with you here. The only song i have interest in hearing with this new band would be "Isn't It Midnight". I think this song has one of the most blistering outro solo's Lindsey ever came up with.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-23-2018, 11:09 AM
Feather Blade Feather Blade is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
is he playing there during the FM tour?
I don't think so, isn't he doing a short tour for himself during the band's tour hiatus? I believe that's what I heard. I'm sure someone can clarify.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-23-2018, 11:39 AM
SorcererJP SorcererJP is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Only 3 shows? Will they add more, because that does not make so much sense, why bother for only 3 dates?
I suspect them to play the Dutch Pinkpop-festival (8-10 June) in between the Dublin and Berlin-dates ...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-23-2018, 12:36 PM
Sugar Mouse's Avatar
Sugar Mouse Sugar Mouse is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Neil Finn had like thirteen top 40 hits in the UK.
Yes - Neil has had a lot of success in the UK and is obvioulsy huge in Australia/New Zealand. He usually plays to 20,000+ when he tours Aus/NZ with Crowded House or Split Enz.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-23-2018, 12:47 PM
Sugar Mouse's Avatar
Sugar Mouse Sugar Mouse is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 412
Default

I expect that the band will soon announce dates in Australia, New Zealand, and perhaps other locations.

And Neil just announced some wonderful news for Finn fans. Neil and his brother Tim have finished another Finn Brothers project. They haven't decided yet whether it will be released as an album or performed as a musical in Sydney or New York. I assume the project will be released at some point in 2019 or 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-23-2018, 04:28 PM
AncientQueen AncientQueen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 517
Default

They are now advertising the Berlin concert as the only one in Germany and one of only three in Europe.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved