User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I do not get the appeal of James Franco at all. He always looks like he hasn't bathed in weeks. I wish he'd go away, along with Gwyneth Paltrow.

He does need to shave. He doesn't *always* look like he hasn't bathed in weeks.

I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
David Franco on the other hand...
David is pretty, but lacks the charisma and charm of his brother. Charisma is sexy.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Especially in women's and gay men's culture, it's all about how you have to look a certain way"

Old 07-10-2014, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Ben Cohen. Woof.

Agreed. Ben is the only man I'm allowed to cheat on my partner with :P
Old 07-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I had been alive in the 50s. Sal Mineo is my true love.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I wish I had been alive in the 50s. Sal Mineo is my true love.
!!!!!!!!!

I wanted him so bad when I watched Rebel. To the point where it's possible I missed the actual point of the film.

However, it would've been illegal to actually bum him in that era anyway, so being around back then would've been largely pointless. I'll just keep it to the privacy of my own mind.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I could be a gay man in a female body, who knows? Somehow I'm thinking Stevie Nicks may have said this at some point. I'm actually pretty tired of the dorks who say they are lesbians in male bodies though.

My appreciation for tawny chest fur is said to fall into the 'bear' subcultural frame. Let's hear it for the young Robert Redford or at least Dan Haggerty! Would you believe Kenny Rogers? Dirk Benedict? Oh gosh, I am so old. My bf is furry enough for me (not that he'd be reading here).
Old 07-13-2014, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
!!!!!!!!!

I wanted him so bad when I watched Rebel. To the point where it's possible I missed the actual point of the film.

However, it would've been illegal to actually bum him in that era anyway, so being around back then would've been largely pointless. I'll just keep it to the privacy of my own mind.
Illegal? Not in Hollywood...

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:28 AM
Japhry
This message has been deleted by Japhry.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:29 AM
Japhry
This message has been deleted by Japhry.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So what other questions can we ask each other to keep this thread going? The celeb crush question didn't seem to go very far. :/
Old 07-15-2014, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have crushes on any male celebs. But I have a ton of crushes on Str8 guys that are not famous, but regular blokes in my sunny world.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
So what other questions can we ask each other to keep this thread going? The celeb crush question didn't seem to go very far. :/
I find men in the real world to usually be more attractive than celebrities. With that being said I tend to lean toward the masculine side. Besides The Mac and Stevie-I enjoy quite a lot of other musicians and types of music as well. I am an outdoorsy type who enjoys hiking, the beach and camping vs. a bar any day of the week. I also like board games, (especially scrabble), movies (especially documentaries), reading...etc.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:15 AM
Ledgie

Alexander Skarsgard
Timothy Olyphant

My late additions to the celebs.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Any gay-married Ledgies?

It's not legal yet in Colorado, though the same-gender marriage ban has been struck down by the courts, and both Denver and Boulder County Clerks are issuing marriage licences anyway. Funny thing - the State Attorney General ordered the Boulder clerk to cease and desist and she said "F-you" and then the Denver clerk started to issue them, too.

I've had many friends get married in the last couple weeks. I have not, because my partner and I are not revolutionaries and are just waiting until it's real and legal. We've been together almost 9 years. We've had a wedding. We're pretty much married anyway, but once it's really real, we're going to do it again.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've been happily "Civil Union'd" (civilly united?) for over a year now. This year, the UK did legalize "proper" same-sex marriage, and apparently they are devising a way for those of us in civil partnerships to upgrade (for want of a better word) to marriage. It's all a bit unprecedented so I'm not sure how on the ball they are with it or what it will entail. In the meantime though, I can't tell the difference. And although I'm philosophically opposed to having a separate category that "isn't marriage" for gay couples, for my personal purposes the Civil Partnership does everything I need it to.

Gee I sound romantic, don't I?

Best wishes to you when your time to get married comes, KC.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I've been happily "Civil Union'd" (civilly united?) for over a year now. This year, the UK did legalize "proper" same-sex marriage, and apparently they are devising a way for those of us in civil partnerships to upgrade (for want of a better word) to marriage. It's all a bit unprecedented so I'm not sure how on the ball they are with it or what it will entail. In the meantime though, I can't tell the difference. And although I'm philosophically opposed to having a separate category that "isn't marriage" for gay couples, for my personal purposes the Civil Partnership does everything I need it to.

Gee I sound romantic, don't I?

Best wishes to you when your time to get married comes, KC.
I'm with you on the separate-but-equal thing. Colorado has civil unions, but I refuse to participate because civil unions are a complete and total sham here in the U.S., well, at least they were until earlier this year when the U.S. Attorney general announced that the IRS and Federal Govt. would treat civil unions as 'regular' marriage for gay couples and allow them to file taxes as married couples.

But still, no civil union for me. My partner wanted to do it on the day they started, but I'm glad he understood my position on the issue. I'm not drinking out of the segregated water fountain, so to speak.