The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Chris Stapleton would be a great person to sing material with the HB or to guest on tribute album (although I am not a fan of tributes).

As would Stevie. Projects like that, the 2006 TP tour, the Foo Fighters stuff, bring the best out in her.

She should’ve gone that route already instead of the new FM farce.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Chris Stapleton would be a great person to sing material with the HB or to guest on tribute album (although I am not a fan of tributes).

As would Stevie. Projects like that, the 2006 TP tour, the Foo Fighters stuff, bring the best out in her.

She should’ve gone that route already instead of the new FM farce.
Buster, we have never agreed so much. I agree on both ends.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I've always had so much respect and admiration for TP & The Heartbreakers. They ARE America's band! I don't care what anyone says about the Eagles. I am hoping that Mike continues on with his "previous band mates" and continue to make the outstanding music they are noted for. There's a lot of talent in that BAND. Everything he is saying in the article is very plausible and I very much encourage him to pursue those dreams. Mike, don't waste your time with FM.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Buster, we have never agreed so much. I agree on both ends.
if she had gone that route, she also wouldn’t have alienated/angered so many of her fans.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if she had gone that route, she also wouldn’t have alienated/angered so many of her fans.
glad you said "also" - because yes, right now, the most alienated people are many many Stevie fans (the rational ones, not the cult followers).

it's not LB fans who are alienated - we just call the spade a spade about what happened and are not burying our heads in the sand, but most of us are delighted that he can finally stop wasting his precious time waiting around. and that we don't have to cough up bug bucks to Mick just to be able to see LB live in the years when he was stuck with FM. but Buck-Nicks, FM and many Stevie fans are really alienated and disappointed, as is so visible in all posts here and all over social media - and i really feel bad for them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-22-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
glad you said "also" - because yes, right now, the most alienated people are many many Stevie fans (the rational ones, not the cult followers).

it's not LB fans who are alienated - we just call the spade a spade about what happened and are not burying our heads in the sand, but most of us are delighted that he can finally stop wasting his precious time waiting around. and that we don't have to cough up bug bucks to Mick just to be able to see LB live in the years when he was stuck with FM. but Buck-Nicks, FM and many Stevie fans are really alienated and disappointed, as is so visible in all posts here and all over social media - and i really feel bad for them.
There are some really nasty nasty people defending her. OMG. It makes this place look like pre-school.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There are some really nasty nasty people defending her. OMG. It makes this place look like pre-school.
that NOT the people i'm talking about.

i'm talking about people who are reasonable and feel hurt and alimented by the band they used to love.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-22-2018, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Hmmm, I think if she'd chosen to go off and work with The Heartbreakers straight away she'd have alienated and angered just as many people, if not more, surely.
The best thing she could have done is go into the studio with Fleetwood Mac, do a tour (with all 5 members) and then go off and do something as a guest vocalist with The Heartbreakers in a few years time.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-22-2018, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Hmmm, I think if she'd chosen to go off and work with The Heartbreakers straight away she'd have alienated and angered just as many people, if not more, surely.
The best thing she could have done is go into the studio with Fleetwood Mac, do a tour (with all 5 members) and then go off and do something as a guest vocalist with The Heartbreakers in a few years time.
but those would be TPATH people, not FM people.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but those would be TPATH people, not FM people.
HO HO HO

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-22-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
that NOT the people i'm talking about.

i'm talking about people who are reasonable and feel hurt and alimented by the band they used to love.
I see. Yes, I have seen a lot of that as well.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Old 09-22-2018, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Now I just wonder who would be one of the four or five
guest singers?
Aunt Ruth maybe????!!!
Old 09-22-2018, 04:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
You’re probably right. I’m in the very small minority, but I don’t care that Stevie didn’t want to record a FM album. The magic of the Rumours era band ended a long time ago and it just would have been a few Stevie songs slapped on with no real cohesion or heart.

There’s so much complaining about Stevie and the lack of a FM album, but look what happened instead - a great BuckMcVie album and tour. So much better than a forced FM one.

Stevie should have kept on with what clearly energizes her - solo tours and things like the HB possibility. Instead she chose helping to ruin (I don’t hold her fully responsible) the opportunity for an honorable goodbye tour for one of the greatest bands to walk the earth. And, contrary to her BS about wanting to dance happy in her house, she seems pretty unhappy with her “new” band. It came across very clearly in her weak performance on Ellen despite her forced smile and elaborate hand gestures.

What disappoints me most as a Stevie fan is watching her go from her best tour in years, finally freeing herself from pathetic setlists of Bob Seger covers for whatever reason and singing what she wants and then making a mess of FM.

Last edited by Buster; 09-22-2018 at 04:38 PM..
Old 09-22-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

It's kind of hard to take your post seriously when you lead with an insult. Why are we even talking about fans? I think a huge part of the problem is that this has strayed way too far from the music itself which is always going to be good. I mean this is a Fleetwood Mac message board still right?