The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be reading just as I read each of the Edward Wincenstein books!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
You certainly realize that LB has exihibited violent behaviour before

I just do not get why people are loathe to admit that. I like LB and think he is a genius. He also was a helluva nice guy when I met him. His temper to others does not take away from that
You're completely right, Strand. I'm certainly curious about what she has to say about the dark side of the man, although we always have to take everything with a grain of salt. Pissed exes are certainly no reliable source. I know that from experience .

Old 05-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brass_monkey View Post
What an odd thing to say. Many writers such as biographers and journalists use someone else's fame for their own gain - so what? Maybe you just want to blow off some steam because she's challenging the Lindsey-as-all-conquering-hero myth?

The responses in this thread are, by and large, extremely hostile to Ms Harris. Maybe she really did have a bad time at the hands of LB - who are we to argue otherwise, since we weren't there? The sarcastic response by SortaSavageLike was repugnant - shame on you for trivializing domestic abuse (or alleged abuse in this case).

I'll probably read this book, because at least it presents another side to FM and LB. I'm not saying the revelations in the book are true, but then you can't be sure about the truth of any biography. Let the woman have her limelight - she's waited long enough to tell her story.
agreed. i don't want to think lb was ever abusive to any woman ever but he's not a deity. he's a musical genius but he's still a person & if he had or has issues, so be it. it doesn't take away from why i love him in the first place. she has the right to write a book & if it's somehow cathartic for her or helps her achieve closure, why all the hatred? it's as simple as not reading it. and i for one do take offense at trivializing abuse.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
You're completely right, Strand . . . .
Was there any doubt
Old 05-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Well, ofcourse! Who would need a ****ty book like that in their lives? Again, true or not true, it's just completely unnecessary.
again, i respect & admire lb but truthfully, is it possible he doesn't want the truth to be told? didn't stevie refer to him as the ayatollah once? didn't he throw her over the hood of a car & beat on her till a few guys had to pull him off. well that was bad enough & my guess as to his blocking of the book came in not wanting the untold stuff to be told. the band members (except mick the one time) have been mostly tightlipped about everything that happened. even john said that in his q&a. & they're a tight group. carol ann is no longer a part of the group (meaning the clique) & it might be possible she never got over it or him. this might be her cleansing of the situation & of him once & for all. freedom of speech doesn't make someone a disgusting ho.

i also don't get the coke references. even if she was a major junkie, did that warrant the beatings? if you're saying her memory is bad, why is there such a love for stevie nicks among the same posters who apparantly hate carol ann? stevie blew a hole through her nose. i don't think that makes her a moron who can't remember the past, do you? & for the record, stevie has dissed lb in the press too. so what's the difference?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
and i for one do take offense at trivializing abuse.
I feel so much better when people misinterpret my heavy-handed sarcasm and take personal offense to it. Maybe I should post some pictures of Lindsey at Pearl Harbor or posing with Hitler in Paris.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

There are live interviews where Stevie has said she attacked LB first in the TITN touring argument. That does not justify LB beating the crap out of her though.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
. . . Maybe I should post some pictures of Lindsey at Pearl Harbor or posing with Hitler in Paris.
I have those too

Old 05-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^^

There are live interviews where Stevie has said she attacked LB first in the TITN touring argument. That does not justify LB beating the crap out of her though.
well...also, what could Stevie really do? I mean, her munchkin ass couldn't cause much damage. wouldn't that be hilarious if Stevie beat the **** out of LB?! let's see...a perm, makeup, beaten up by a girl....

just kidding everyone. simmer down.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
I feel so much better when people misinterpret my heavy-handed sarcasm and take personal offense to it. Maybe I should post some pictures of Lindsey at Pearl Harbor or posing with Hitler in Paris.
ok, i had to laugh. do you really think i compare lb to pearl harbor or hitler? would i be a fan on a message board if i did?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
well...also, what could Stevie really do? I mean, her munchkin ass couldn't cause much damage. wouldn't that be hilarious if Stevie beat the **** out of LB?! let's see...a perm, makeup, beaten up by a girl....

just kidding everyone. simmer down.
and, let's not overlook the Fire Island esq. kimono and he wore speedos as a youth
Old 05-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You certainly realize that LB has exihibited violent behaviour before

I just do not get why people are loathe to admit that. I like LB and think he is a genius. He also was a helluva nice guy when I met him. His temper to others does not take away from that
Uh, yea, of course I know. I heard Stevie tell the story of how they attacked each other when he wanted to quit the band. So, he ain't the only violent one. You bring up these accusations every chance you get, just like the fact that he allowed one or two of his songs to be used for commericals. So, of course we are aware.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and, let's not overlook the Fire Island esq. kimono and he wore speedos as a youth
kimono? yes.

speedos were hot tho!
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The sarcastic response by SortaSavageLike was repugnant - shame on you for trivializing domestic abuse (or alleged abuse in this case).
oh geez. did you see the eye roll at the end of that statement?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What an odd thing to say. Many writers such as biographers and journalists use someone else's fame for their own gain - so what? Maybe you just want to blow off some steam because she's challenging the Lindsey-as-all-conquering-hero myth?

The responses in this thread are, by and large, extremely hostile to Ms Harris. Maybe she really did have a bad time at the hands of LB - who are we to argue otherwise, since we weren't there? The sarcastic response by SortaSavageLike was repugnant - shame on you for trivializing domestic abuse (or alleged abuse in this case).

I'll probably read this book, because at least it presents another side to FM and LB. I'm not saying the revelations in the book are true, but then you can't be sure about the truth of any biography. Let the woman have her limelight - she's waited long enough to tell her story.
I think most fans are at least semi-aware of his problems with temper and violence issues. I DO NOT condone that in any way. So having said that, I dont think anything else is really any of my business. As far as the cashing in on someone else's fame, I mean, what has this gal done besides be his Girlfriend? So here along comes an opportunity for her to potentially make money off something most of us are already aware of, it's just stupid as far as I'm concerned. Like I said, it's just my opinion that's all. I really dont care if someone else finds it entertaining, fine by me.