Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Chicago Show

I'm here. Got a signed CD and album, and t-shirts! So excited for this show.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

The show was outstanding. They sounded great. No set list changes. I was in the 4th row center. Everyone around me jamming and enjoying themselves. Only the first row was allowed to go up to the metal barricade in front of stage(security gave wristbands) and they were strict about sending non wristband people back to their seats. They started around 9pm and ended at 10:40pm.

They were selling zip up hoodies, t-shirts, vinyl and cd's. They had signed vinyl and cd's but some of them were only signed by Chris or Lindsey, not both. Thankfully I've trained my significant other well and he asked for one of each signed by both. The merch guy said they had 60 more signed CD's in the back but we got the last of the signed vinyl. No bags available but I brought one with me as I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law. Then we talked somebody into letting him take the stuff back to the car. So far so good.

The opening band was supposed to be the Wallflowers but for some reason it changed to Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors. He walks out and says "hello Chicago" in a not too confident voice and I thought oh dear....
The band was good though. They were well received and he gushed about Lindsey. He said when his manager called to ask him about opening for Lindsey and Chris he thought it was a prank!

I loved Wish You Were Here. All of the new songs kick ass live. Hold Me got a big whoop from the audience and me. Right before the song Chris asks if we'd like to hear something more familiar. I was surprised by that cause people were into the new stuff-at least from my vantage point. It was weird not hearing Stevie but it wasn't too jarring. I didn't see anyone dressed up like Stevie but quite a few FM shirts and a few Lindsey solo shirts. I read about somebody dressed up like Stevie at one of these shows in a thread here--unbelievable! I had so much fun with the new songs. Sheer joy experiencing new live music.

Chris sparkles. She's so much more attractive than that GD album cover. Lindsey is swoon inducing as usual. They smiled at each other often and the whole band looked happy. Part 2 later.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
The show was outstanding. They sounded great...
I agree with everything Lola said. I was in the 11th row center - which was fantastic because our seats were upgraded when we arrived. I'm too tired to write a full review as I just got home, but I'll say they sounded amazing and had great energy tonight! Lindsey sounds the best I have heard him in a long time - and it's the first time I have ever been able to see Chris live, so that was a treat!! I definitely recommend going to see them if you haven't or don't have plans to yet. It was a fun show from start to finish - and now I just wish I'd have the opportunity to see them again!!

But also after reading Lola's comments, I'm kicking myself I didn't explore or stick around to ask about signed CD's or vinyl!!
Old 07-04-2017, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey gave one of his speeches about how the Buck/McVie project came to fruition but left out the words circular and karmic. Paraphrasing now: Instead he explained how bands that have been around as long as FM generally follow the path that's expected of them. But Chris felt she had to take leave--then Chris jumps in and says "of my senses" and I was busy doing FM and a lot of solo stuff so we both have done things on our terms.

His solo during ISA seemed a bit shorter and not as ferocious but still incredible. Chris sounds good. She started out weak on WYWH but no biggie. She screwed up royally before the encore when she said "thank you Boston, er Chicago." She really looked embarrassed. I love Chris but FFS really?! Overall it was totally worth going to and I'm so glad I did. The show was over in a flash; I wish it was longer. No Gypsy story, lol. Don't get me wrong, I love Stevie and her stories (for real) it's just a very different dynamic.

I felt sad when the show was over. Maybe cause it went by so fast or cause I know eventually the shows will come to an end. I missed the Detroit show because a family situation usurped my plans and my blood is still boiling. A ticket in the second row on Lindsey's side and money wasted. [insert Psycho stabbing sound here]

I have no idea how many people were there. The bleachers/upper levels were pretty empty but the main floor was filled. I cracked up on the way back to the car listening to people talk about the show and the band. Mostly positive with one complaint about people standing the whole time (must have been bitchin about me) and talk of next FM tour. People heaping praise on Lindsey. The guy next to me said Chris has always been his favorite. The love for these people is extraordinary.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The love for these people is extraordinary.
I agree, and the one thing about this BM tour is that it's MUCH more intimate than a FM show. Which is wonderful, and I think most people feel more connected. And even they're not selling out the venues, the love can clearly be felt, from those who are there.

I wouldn't trade my BM show for 3 FM Golden Moldies Shows.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Chicago Sun Times review:
http://chicago.suntimes.com/entertai...ood-mac-punch/
Old 07-04-2017, 08:41 AM
nicepace
This message has been deleted by nicepace. Reason: figured it out
Old 07-04-2017, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Chicago Tribune review:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...704-story.html
Old 07-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Post Another review

http://chicago.suntimes.com/entertai...ood-mac-punch/

Lee
Old 07-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey gave one of his speeches about how the Buck/McVie project came to fruition but left out the words circular and karmic. Paraphrasing now: Instead he explained how bands that have been around as long as FM generally follow the path that's expected of them. But Chris felt she had to take leave--then Chris jumps in and says "of my senses" and I was busy doing FM and a lot of solo stuff so we both have done things on our terms.

His solo during ISA seemed a bit shorter and not as ferocious but still incredible. Chris sounds good. She started out weak on WYWH but no biggie. She screwed up royally before the encore when she said "thank you Boston, er Chicago." She really looked embarrassed. I love Chris but FFS really?! Overall it was totally worth going to and I'm so glad I did. The show was over in a flash; I wish it was longer. No Gypsy story, lol. Don't get me wrong, I love Stevie and her stories (for real) it's just a very different dynamic.

I felt sad when the show was over. Maybe cause it went by so fast or cause I know eventually the shows will come to an end. I missed the Detroit show because a family situation usurped my plans and my blood is still boiling. A ticket in the second row on Lindsey's side and money wasted. [insert Psycho stabbing sound here]

I have no idea how many people were there. The bleachers/upper levels were pretty empty but the main floor was filled. I cracked up on the way back to the car listening to people talk about the show and the band. Mostly positive with one complaint about people standing the whole time (must have been bitchin about me) and talk of next FM tour. People heaping praise on Lindsey. The guy next to me said Chris has always been his favorite. The love for these people is extraordinary.
Loved that flub by Christine! We all got a kick out of it! Totally agree, they sounded fantastic. The biggest surprise of the evening was Too Far Gone for me. Sounded MASSIVE and bluesy rock live. Didn't like the album version, but this was fantastic. The other was You Make Loving Fun, you could close your eyes and have no idea that time had passed. Lindsey seemed to be especially fond of that one too, his licks were superb and he acted like old weird Tusk-era Lindsey in some parts.

Overall, a wonderful show. We were really confused by the lack of The Wallflowers too, although the other band was good and their drummer - I really just want to give him a hug and hang out with him...
Old 07-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
The show was outstanding. They sounded great. No set list changes. I was in the 4th row center. Everyone around me jamming and enjoying themselves. Only the first row was allowed to go up to the metal barricade in front of stage(security gave wristbands) and they were strict about sending non wristband people back to their seats. They started around 9pm and ended at 10:40pm.

They were selling zip up hoodies, t-shirts, vinyl and cd's. They had signed vinyl and cd's but some of them were only signed by Chris or Lindsey, not both. Thankfully I've trained my significant other well and he asked for one of each signed by both. The merch guy said they had 60 more signed CD's in the back but we got the last of the signed vinyl. No bags available but I brought one with me as I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law. Then we talked somebody into letting him take the stuff back to the car. So far so good.

The opening band was supposed to be the Wallflowers but for some reason it changed to Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors. He walks out and says "hello Chicago" in a not too confident voice and I thought oh dear....
The band was good though. They were well received and he gushed about Lindsey. He said when his manager called to ask him about opening for Lindsey and Chris he thought it was a prank!

I loved Wish You Were Here. All of the new songs kick ass live. Hold Me got a big whoop from the audience and me. Right before the song Chris asks if we'd like to hear something more familiar. I was surprised by that cause people were into the new stuff-at least from my vantage point. It was weird not hearing Stevie but it wasn't too jarring. I didn't see anyone dressed up like Stevie but quite a few FM shirts and a few Lindsey solo shirts. I read about somebody dressed up like Stevie at one of these shows in a thread here--unbelievable! I had so much fun with the new songs. Sheer joy experiencing new live music.

Chris sparkles. She's so much more attractive than that GD album cover. Lindsey is swoon inducing as usual. They smiled at each other often and the whole band looked happy. Part 2 later.
Um, did you have a blue Fleetwood Mac tee on? We were also row D center.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yep. Nice to meet you
Old 07-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw them in Philly on Friday and everyone sat except for about 10 die hards (including myself) in the front. People kept screaming at us to sit down. It was the worst live audience I've ever experienced.

Happily, my town, Chicago, did not act like that. I was so happy everyone stood.

Photos here: https://goo.gl/photos/nFEfy4yb2gDkFRhc7

I filmed Hold Me, but I was standing in the front row, so there is a lot of feedback from Jimmy's drums (he has been amazing on this tour, BTW):

https://youtu.be/MOdCn2puAiM
Old 07-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I saw them in Philly on Friday and everyone sat except for about 10 die hards (including myself) in the front. People kept screaming at us to sit down. It was the worst live audience I've ever experienced.

Happily, my town, Chicago, did not act like that. I was so happy everyone stood.

Photos here: https://goo.gl/photos/nFEfy4yb2gDkFRhc7

I filmed Hold Me, but I was standing in the front row, so there is a lot of feedback from Jimmy's drums (he has been amazing on this tour, BTW):

https://youtu.be/MOdCn2puAiM

I was one of the 10.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks to everyone for the updates, photos, shared experiences, and videos. I really just cant get enough.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope they add more dates. I want to hear the new music live as many times as I can manage. They truly have given us a gift with this album and tour. I'd love a Wisconsin show.