Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2003, 04:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up "I just didn't think it was the way to treat a paying audience."

Christine's quote from RS '97 about how she reacted when Lindsey mocked Stevie onstage...wish she were around to do the same to JT, the reasons are the same:
"I think he's the only person I ever, ever slapped," says Christine McVie. "I actually might have chucked a glass of wine, too.
I just didn't think it was the way to treat a paying audience.
Really unprofessional, over the top."
Old 06-01-2003, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default BUMP

just making sure this is read by all unsuspecting fans...especially those migrating from THAT BOARD!!
Old 06-01-2003, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd like to hear a certain someone give an explanation why some people who post at Mick's site are allowed to put links to their commerical, money making websites at Micks's Chat, and others aren't.

Remember when Knight himself posted a link to the Sararhiannon.com site for sound files without Sara's permission? Then when Sara started asking too many questions about the fan club he told her she had to remove HER links to her site from her signatuare?

I haven't been there in a long time, but I remember certain fans being allowed to link to their sites in posts they made. Is that still allowed?

Some of these fans were selling FM crap, and I mean crap, some of it questionable as to creation and authorization to sell. Anyway, after reading how JT says in his email on the NON-PROFIT UK Mac convention, something about putting them "in the cart" ... does that mean everybody with links on the "offical" site and chat board are paying fees or giving a cut to the band...or giving a cut to JT? Who is getting the proceeds of "the cart"? Anyone else wonder about this?
Old 06-01-2003, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by glitter_fades
Some of these fans were selling FM crap, and I mean crap, some of it questionable as to creation and authorization to sell. Anyway, after reading how JT says in his email on the NON-PROFIT UK Mac convention, something about putting them "in the cart" ... does that mean everybody with links on the "offical" site and chat board are paying fees or giving a cut to the band...or giving a cut to JT? Who is getting the proceeds of "the cart"? Anyone else wonder about this?
'THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!'

JONATHAN TODD LINING HIS POCKETS...LETS FACE IT HE HAS GOT A LICENSE TO PRINT MONEY ON THE BACK OF THE FLEETWOOD MAC NAME .....THE MAC WILL GET A 'ROYALTY'
Old 06-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Ledgie

Hi everyone,

After seeing Jonathon the Toads email address, i decided to email him with a few queries about my banning and a few other matters.

I doubt i will ever get a response, but i will let you know what happens

Julian
Old 06-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink Bump

Bump again.

Old 06-01-2003, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by jools
Hi everyone,

After seeing Jonathon the Toads email address, i decided to email him with a few queries about my banning and a few other matters.

Julian
I hope you do Julian, but I get the feeling if he gets an e mail which isn't about him earning money, he won't answer it (like you say). Hopefully though, sorry, I just couldn't resist the joke.

John
Old 06-01-2003, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Bump

Bump again.

Old 06-02-2003, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jools
Hi everyone,

Julian
Replying to emails is not his strong point
Old 06-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: [B]THIS IS MY STATEMENT OF FACT[/B]

Quote:
Originally posted by highpriestess53

This is my statement about the events that lead upto the volley of
e-mails sent between myself and Mr. Jonathan Todd of Sabremark Inc.administrators of MickFleetwood.com and FleetwoodMac.com and a subsequent telephone conversation.

After many months of intermittent dialogue between myself and Mr. Blain Clausen of Immortal, management company in charge of the affairs of Mick Fleetwood, it was decided that due to the workload concerning Fleetwood Mac they were unable to help with a UK fan convention. This lead to Mr. Clausen recommending that I contact Mr Jonathan Todd about mentioning the
convention on the 'Official' website FleetwoodMac.com.

The subsequent reply was addressed to Mr. BlainClausen and sent to me in error by Mr. Jonathan Todd.
Mr. Todd on two occasions tried to re-call the message.
Now knowing he, Mr. Todd, had made this grave error, sent me an email explaining that the e-mail had been played around with by one of his workers.

At this point Iwas still acting in the interest of the convention and
tried to remain polite and asked if Mr. Todd could put up the convention information on FleetwoodMac.com.

On Saturday 26th April 2003 at 7pm UK time I received a phone call from Mr. Todd though I had NOT given him my phone number (on Monday 28th April I called Mr Blain Clausen and he notified me that he had given Mr.Todd my phone number not realising the reason for Mr. Todd calling me other than a 'collaboration between fanclubs')

Mr Toddmade mention of the e-mail and apologised for my receiving it in error but NOT for the content. I said I was shocked that this was the attitude taken by him.

After Mr.Todd made this'apology', his first issue was to slander Pip
Fidler saying that she had gone ballistic on the message board and suggested strongly that she was a troublemaker.

I kept things polite and we chatted, the conversation turned to the convention. It was then that Mr. Todd suggested we postpone the convention and try to do it on the back of a European tour, in which case he could help us out.

The conversation turned gradually to me,Mr Toddmade an offer for me to become European 'correspondent' for the FleetwoodMac.com board under the new forum heading European Happenings in exchange for 'privileges' for
the convention. He made mention the two MickFleetwood.com'fan
moderators' ("Trinity and Jackie")who had been deemed 'safe' by acting in the interest of MickFleetwood.com for some time and the privileges that they had received, ie tickets and flights to attend the Fleetwood Mac Family and Friends concert performances. Mr Todd explained that I had to be deemed safe before these privileges were extended and that he could also by-pass management to do so.

To keep things open I said I would give Mr Todd's comments some thought and the call ended.

After the conversation was terminated, my immediate reaction was that Mr. Todd had offered me a bribe to make good for his error and to placate me with a 'position' so that I could make gain for myself and the convention.

Mr. Todd next email says he is awaiting confirmation about my submitting a regular column on European Happenings I find this quite astounding as I had NEVER agreed to do anything of the sort. Another thing is that I by my own admission am not in the thick of all things Fleetwood Mac and thus would not be the right candidate to fill this 'position'. Thus I made my reply short and sharp.

Again, even after my brusque reply, Mr. Todd sees fit to open the
position to further dialogue to which I have sent no reply.

Louise
After re-reading this important thread, I just realized I never gave you a well deserved...YOU ROCK LOUISE!...for rejecting the "offers" Mr. Todd made you. I know he tried to work Pip over after the first ticket sale debaucle, and she didn't go for it either. Can I also say...ALL UK FANS ROCK THE MAC WORLD! They are being very negligent not planning and announcing dates in the UK even with the unofficial leaks of new US dates. I'm sorry for you guys. I know how much trouble and expense you went to coming over for the TISL shows.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: [B]THIS IS MY STATEMENT OF FACT[/B]

Quote:
Originally posted by glitter_fades
After re-reading this important thread, I just realized I never gave you a well deserved...YOU ROCK LOUISE!...for rejecting the "offers" Mr. Todd made you. I know he tried to work Pip over after the first ticket sale debaucle, and she didn't go for it either. Can I also say...ALL UK FANS ROCK THE MAC WORLD! They are being very negligent not planning and announcing dates in the UK even with the unofficial leaks of new US dates. I'm sorry for you guys. I know how much trouble and expense you went to coming over for the TISL shows.
Thanks for saying that and I know that Louise will appreciate it too!!
Old 06-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 06-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just thought that you guys would like to know that they are insinuating that Louise lied in her report about the emails and that the headers and ip addys were all "made up" to slam JT.

There is no bottom over there. You know, I know that this is not nearly as important as what happened to the Jews in Nazi Germany, but, I have to say, the ppl who are looking the other way, the ppl who refuse to believe remind me of the villagers who did nothing to help and the ppl even today who say that it never happened. NEVER HAPPENED. God, it is infuriating.

Hey Jonathan Todd, if you are reading this, you know that it happened, and you know that you told her that you flew Jackie and Trin out for the rehearsal show. YOU KNOW THAT YOU DID.
Do you think that Blain Clausen will lie for you too?

So, Jackie and Trin, if you are upset at the accusation, you can thank your fearless leader Jonathan Todd for that. He is the one who said that, it was not made up. Oh, and yeah, JT, ppl have phone recorders that YOU cannot change history on, you know?

Remember, success is when preparation meets opportunity.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From where at Mick's site?

Im not surprised if so, although sorry that happened...

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not going there to see, but I'd like to know who's saying it.

If it's from those shill's who've been posting there from the begining or since the first pre-sale, well, I'm not surprised.

I think the shill's don't realize some of us know who they are. They're not fooling anyone except the people there, but that number is down to a few of the misguided and the self-serving. They are just spinning their wheels for each other now.

Last edited by glitter_fades; 06-02-2003 at 05:23 PM..