User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Yet it was just a couple of months ago that you posted your oh-so-compelling video lobbying for her induction into the RRHOF.
IMHO reclining in bed in the small hours of the morning and somnambulantly reciting her declining album sales figures is what put her over the top for the induction!

Old 02-15-2019, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
The thought of this coupled with Lindsey's recent heart problems? Sigh. I've just got no more words.
Good to see you, though.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:47 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Good to see you, though.
haha, thanks. I'm always popping in, just remaining silent more often than not
Old 02-15-2019, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
The thought of this coupled with Lindsey's recent heart problems? Sigh. I've just got no more words.
Yep, its amazing what people will do for 10 million dollars. I know Mick needs the money but you would think Chris and John could not be bribed like that and they would care more about their legacy.

I have a theory why Rick and Billy were not asked to re-join. It would have been a bit of nostalgia if they were back in the band. I believe it was because of Stevie. They may have let Billy rehearse with the band but Stevie put her foot down and demanded Mike Campbell. The band yielded to Stevie so Mike was in 100%. Then of course it would be unfair to not bring both Rick and Billy back so find someone else. How could you explain to Rick there was only room for Billy? So they decided to go in a new direction completely.
Stevie did not only fire Lindsey. She blackmailed the band since the tour would yield them about 10 million each with her in the band. IMHO she also cock blocked Rick and Billy to bring her friend into the band.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-15-2019 at 06:46 AM..
Old 02-15-2019, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
For those interested in witnessing for yourself...

I know people are hating on this but I appreciate it. She really couldn't have said anything that would have been deemed "satisfactory" by those criticizing her for this, IMHO, so it's not surprising that this was deemed inadequate. I understand that, but it sounded heartfelt to me. Now she needs to match her words with actions by reaching out to him.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I know people are hating on this but I appreciate it. She really couldn't have said anything that would have been deemed "satisfactory" by those criticizing her for this, IMHO, so it's not surprising that this was deemed inadequate. I understand that, but it sounded heartfelt to me. Now she needs to match her words with actions by reaching out to him.
I am not saying this to stoke any flames, but he dedicated a song to her when he played Birmingham a few months back, referencing that it was where they were really noticed and the album resonated. Would she have done the same if he hadn’t had heart surgery 2 weeks before?
Old 02-15-2019, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I am not saying this to stoke any flames, but he dedicated a song to her when he played Birmingham a few months back, referencing that it was where they were really noticed and the album resonated. Would she have done the same if he hadn’t had heart surgery 2 weeks before?
I know - I actually had the good fortune to be at that Birmingham show when Lindsey made that dedication...front row center.

I wasn't at this show because I find what Fleetwood Mac has done unacceptable, and I don't wish to support them anymore.

I daresay she would not have brought him up in normal circumstances.

However, for me, that doesn't negate an appreciation for her remarks. I was really disappointed when she left the stage before Mick said something in Austin. This is more like it.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I know - I actually had the good fortune to be at that Birmingham show when Lindsey made that dedication...front row center.

I wasn't at this show because I find what Fleetwood Mac has done unacceptable, and I don't wish to support them anymore.

I daresay she would not have brought him up in normal circumstances.

However, for me, that doesn't negate an appreciation for her remarks. I was really disappointed when she left the stage before Mick said something in Austin. This is more like it.
I am not seeing them when they come to NYC either, for the same reasons you sat on the sidelines. I like to think she would have said something in Birmingham, regardless of his surgery. We will never know! I have to think, regardless of anything else going on with them, she was rattled by this health scare for him.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was thinking of the Arizona Heart Institute functions and then my mind wandered back to the way Barbara Nicks would attend Lindsey’s solo shows when he was in town. You know, if either of Stevie’s parents were still alive and still lucid I think she would’ve been too ashamed to do what she’s done and have them know about it.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
that's the thing... Chris left, and they all commented about how something was missing....it wasn't the same blah blah (the band). They figured out how to go on without her, but clearly acknowledged not having her there threw off the balance, both creatively and politically. Funny they wouldn't expect the same with Lindsey gone.....
To be fair, Lindsey was being kind of a jerk with his 33% more room talk. He made me mad. He also seemed to think that he benefitted politically, initially thinking he and Stevie would be closer with Chris gone. But my feeling was that he missed Chris and he was sad that she left just as they had reunited, so he was lashing out.

Goodness. Looking back, I was a BN fan, but I missed Chris terribly. I wrote an Amazon review of SYW and said that I never realized how much I loved broccoli (Christine) until I was served a meal with just steak and apple pie.

Now, FM is serving a meal of cold leftovers.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was thinking of the Arizona Heart Institute functions and then my mind wandered back to the way Barbara Nicks would attend Lindsey’s solo shows when he was in town. You know, if either of Stevie’s parents were still alive and still lucid I think she would’ve been too ashamed to do what she’s done and have them know about it.
Her mother is probably the only person who could call her out on being Stevie Nicks, diva extraordinaire. Yes. I totally agree with you. Barbara Nicks passed away and so did Stevie’s only touchstone to reality
Old 02-15-2019, 02:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Her mother is probably the only person who could call her out on being Stevie Nicks, diva extraordinaire. Yes. I totally agree with you. Barbara Nicks passed away and so did Stevie’s only touchstone to reality
This is so true, both comments... I truly believe if her mother was still alive, this would never have happened. Absolutely not. The shame would have been too great to face, plus her mother was her reality base (as mentioned above).

I have a cousin who was married with two girls for a couple decades, then she kind of lost her mind and started having an affair with her old high school boyfriend who broke her heart a lifetime prior. She went off the rails, started being a total jerk to her husband and family, got divorced, her daughters were devastated (high school ages), etc. She indulged herself in detrimental ways and messed up everyone's lives around her in the process. When asked if she would have acted the same way if her mother had still been alive (she had died a year or so before the affair), she firmly said "No." Feels aptly similar.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

while I sort of get what people are saying re SN's mother, let's be real-- Stevie is an about-to-be 70 year old grown up...who should effing be able to behave like a semi normal human being all on her own. she knows about loss-- her parents, Robin, etc. The thought of Lindsey's family, esp his kids, losing their father, should have sobered her right up, but it didn't. I'm not buying this final loophole to avoid full responsibility for her behavior that some want to give her.

Call me cynical, but I really don't believe she said anything because she was so moved she needed to speak publicly. I believe she knows thru her social media spy team how badly people are beating her up about it, and she was trying to stem the tide. Yes, she's that controlling of her image. It's all she has, and it's what she's given her whole life, and everything in it, to.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’d be the last person to give Stevie a loophole. I’d like to take a lasso to her and rope her in, not a loophole. She should’ve grown a conscience a long time ago. She’s old enough to be a great grandmother. I’m just saying that shame would’ve made her act differently if her mother was alive, not that the loss of her mother justifies this.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’d be the last person to give Stevie a loophole. I’d like to take a lasso to her and rope her in, not a loophole. She should’ve grown a conscience a long time ago. She’s old enough to be a great grandmother. I’m just saying that shame would’ve made her act differently if her mother was alive, not that the loss of her mother justifies this.
I wasn't so much referring to you as to others who have been beating the drum of "oh but it's coz her mother died" ever since it happened as an explanation/excuse for everything she's done. They are often part of the "it's because Tom died" brigade.