Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2016, 03:02 PM

Default Christine's colors

Quote:
Recently in North Italy spreaded a new aesthetic field called “armocromy” that applies color notions used in architecture and interior design to people’s aesthetic appearance. Nowadays it’s found on scientific knowledge such as the laws of optical color perception, but in the eighties was known simply as “color analysis” and linked the natural colors of a person’s features to a season, with the colors that represented that season being the colors that best suited that person.
Recently I started to inform myself because I was curious of being analyzed and I playfully tried to apply the basics to Stevie.

This “discipline” states that the parts of our natural coloring (skin, eyes and hair) are naturally in harmony with each other and complement each other, and the colors that suits us best are those that harmonize with them, that is they have to have equal warmth (warm/cool), chroma (brightness/dimness) and value (lightness/darkness) of our natural colors.

People with warm skin undertone can be Springs or Autumns, while people with cool skin undertone can be Summers or Winters.

Among the people with warm coloring, those that look good with bright (and lighter) colors are Springs, while those that look good with soft/dim (and darker) colors are Autumns.
Same for those with cool coloring, a person that looks good with bright (and darker) colors is a Winter, while one that needs soft/dim (and lighter) colors is a Summer.

Since these four seasons change according to the permutations of the three main traits (warmth, chroma and value) there are three sub-season for each season, in which one of these three traits is strong and dominant and the others are moderated:

Spring:
Bright Spring (very bright but moderately warm and light)
True Spring (very warm but moderately bright and light)
Light Spring (very light but moderately warm and bright)

Summer:
Soft Summer (very soft/dim but moderately cool and light)
True Summer (very cool but moderately soft/dim and light)
Light Summer (very light but moderately cool and soft/dim)

Autumn:
Soft Autumn (very soft/dim but moderately warm and dark)
True Autumn (very warm but moderately soft/dim and dark)
Dark Autumn (very dark but moderately warm and soft/dim)

Winter:
Bright Winter (very bright but moderately cool and dark)
True Winter (very cool but moderately bright and dark)
Dark winter (very dark but moderately cool and bright)

To discover someone’s season you must analyze a person in a variety of colors and see what colors enhance her/him the most. The only way to achieve a perfect result is to turn to a professional color analyst but self analysis isn’t impossible and it can come very close to the right result. I followed the advice found on the blog of an expert and I observed high quality photos that portray Stevie in crucial colors:

Like I've already did for Stevie (see above) here: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55031 I'm trying to figure out what armocromatic season Christine could be. I'm pretty sure she has a Light component but I still have to figure out if she has softness as well and if she is warm(ish) or cold(ish). Unfortunately it's difficult to find good pictures of young Christine as they have to be well lit and at least of decent quality, if anyone has more pictures can you post them to help me?
It would be particularly useful to have also a photo of Christine with her natural hair color.

As I've already said, I know that Christine probably is a light season because usually the less make-up she wears, the better she looks. And as I've already explain in the other thread, better in this case means healthier and younger, not flashier (click to enlarge):

Then I noticed that suntan actually ages her:

Tan has the effect to deepen and warm up our coloring so only those seasons that already have this two characteristics are flattered by tan, autumns, and only the seasons that are already very warm or very deep can stand it, so True Springs, Soft Deep Summers and (some) Deep Winters. Bright Seasons deserve a special reference since they aren't destroyed by tan but aren't flattered by it at all and look way better without it anyway, so also Bright Spring and Winter could sport just a very light tan.
So I ruled out also those seasons that are flattered by tan or at least can stand it, so no True and Bright Spring, no Soft Light Autumn and no Soft Deep Summer. For now I am left with:
- Light Spring
- Light Soft Spring
- Light Summer
- True Summer
- Soft Light Summer

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-29-2016 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: not enough clarity
Old 04-29-2016, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

Like I've already did for Stevie here: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55031 I'm trying to figure out what armocromatic season Christine could be. I'm pretty sure she has a Light component but I still have to figure out if she has softness as well and if she is warm(ish) or cold(ish). Unfortunately it's difficult to find good pictures of young Christine as they have to be well lit and at least of decent quality, if anyone has more pictures can you post them to help me?
It would be particularly useful to have also a photo of Christine with her natural hair color.

As I've already said, I know that Christine probably is a light season because usually the less make-up she wears, the better she looks. And as I've already explain in the other thread, better in this case means healthier and younger, not flashier (click to enlarge):

Then I noticed that suntan actually ages her:

Tan has the effect to deepen and warm up our coloring so only those seasons that already have this two characteristics are flattered by tan, autumns, and only the seasons that are already very warm or very deep can stand it, so True Springs, Soft Deep Summers and (some) Deep Winters. Bright Seasons deserve a special reference since they aren't destroyed by tan but aren't flattered by it at all and look way better without it anyway, so also Bright Spring and Winter could sport just a very light tan.
So I ruled out also those seasons that are flattered by tan or at least can stand it, so no True and Bright Spring, no Soft Light Autumn and no Soft Deep Summer. For now I am left with:
- Light Spring
- Light Soft Spring
- Light Summer
- True Summer
- Soft Light Summer

Not wishing to be rude... what are you talking about?
Old 04-29-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Not wishing to be rude... what are you talking about?
Sorry, I put the link at the beginning of the post without repeating myself because I didn't want to be redundant and make the post too long, I was basically doing an analysis that tells what kind of colors suit people:

Quote:
Like I've already did for Stevie here: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55031 I'm trying to figure out what armocromatic season Christine could be.
Basically it's girlish stuff. And I want more pictures:

Quote:
Unfortunately it's difficult to find good pictures of young Christine as they have to be well lit and at least of decent quality, if anyone has more pictures can you post them to help me?
Old 04-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Basically it's girlish stuff.
ah, yes. it's all a bit Greek to me.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine's hair and makeup was it's best during Tango. Smoking did age her face a little bit. The cocaine and alcohol also probably contributed.