The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember reading the Vox article when it came out - and in the context of Stevies existence during this years it made perfect sense, I have never doubted that she indeed had 4 abortions. At the height of her fame/the FM madness she had no stable day/night rhythm and probably forgot to take her pill on every third day - the drugs didn't help and birth control was certainly nothing male musicians could be bothered with before AIDS - and that were the types she had in her bed. I found her reasoning VERY lame, but when I thought about it - which female rockstar had a baby in the 70s or early 80s? I don't know about the pressures of fronting FM and having a solo career. Neither Linda Ronstadt, Ann Wilson or Christine went through a pregnancy, the former adoped, the latter had a sterilisation. Maybe it was that difficult. Grace Slick had her daughter in the early 70s, Olivia Newton-John and Pat Benatar had their daughters at an age when the Klonopin and the sideeffects were basically keeping Stevie from everything, let alone having a stable relationship or the possibility of a healthy pregnancy.

What really made me angry was the fact that she lamented about wanting a baby after 4 abortions. That was so stupid and thoughtless.

Later when this years became "the Klonopin years" her whining suddenly made sense and I felt very sorry for her, sitting there alone in the empty house, her only companion a journalist who published whatever she said in her numb state - her under the ll-considered impression that she deserved some respect, the journalist under the impression that there was a "has been" wreck to plunder.

Nowadays, I only feel sorry for the Stevie of those years, the sad custodian of the girl she was before, indeed the pale shadow of a woman. If that makes any sense
Old 09-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Sounds like fun, I wish I was around back then.
I remember it and believe me, you wouldn't want to be around. It was not even the slightest bit amusing.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Being "too busy" is not a medical condition. Clearly her abortions were voluntary; otherwise she would have made it clear that her pregnancies ended for other reasons.
And if Stevie was unable to carry a child to term, I'm sure we'd hear about it. She's not exactly used to keeping a lid on the melodrama. She'd be telling everyone the tragic tale of how she couldn't have a child physically, but was almost on the verge of risking her life to do it anyway and so on and so on. We'd hear about all the booties she knitted that were never to be. Michele
Old 09-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I remember it and believe me, you wouldn't want to be around. It was not even the slightest bit amusing.
AMEN to THAT!!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

GOSH I love it when this topic rears its ugly head! . . . .

Would this be a good time to ask if Stevie and Lindsey have been secretly married all this time; and if Stevie has a secret love child, plagiarized the guitar riff to "Edge of Seventeen," and downright stole "Sara" and "Illume?"

I heard she's a WITCH, by the way!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I knew about stevie having an abortion with Mick fleetwood and Don Henley I did not realize it was four abortions wow. Never saw this interview thanks for posting interesting Interview who else did Stevie have an abortion with? curious if anyone knows. Living knowing you could have had 4 children and not see them has to be a bearing on her to live with and that is why she is probably so close to hear fans we are all her children.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandbackStevie View Post
I knew about stevie having an abortion with Mick

Duh. She was preggers with TWINS. BOTH times. Don and Mick have some seriously competitive spermies.

But Im guessing Lindsey is in there somewhere....

Just think of the band we can have by now! It would be like WIlson Phillips, only not as lame.... Tom, Mick and Lindsey Jrs and Sara on vocals.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorraineRN View Post
In medical terminology there is no such term as a "miscarriage". The medical term is a "spontaneous abortion". In the medical field the term abortion is used for both miscarriages and abortions.
A million years ago, when I worked in Admitting we'd get calls from affiliated OB practices for direct emergency admissions, they always used 'Missed AB' for the narrative diagnosis.
Not being a medical person, I didn't know that 'AB' meant abortion. To my young mind, an abortion was something a woman did electively at a clinic. Now I know it also means miscarriage too.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post

Would this be a good time to ask if Stevie and Lindsey have been secretly married all this time; and if Stevie has a secret love child, plagiarized the guitar riff to "Edge of Seventeen," and downright stole "Sara" and "Illume?"

I heard she's a WITCH, by the way!!!
Well, even Waddy says she stole the guitar riff for EO17, so that's not a myth.

Michele
Old 09-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey why does everyone think Stevie got pregnant by someone famous? Maybe by Don and or Mick in the 70's but I've heard about two in the 80's. Something I remember I heard years ago that Stevie got pregnant by one guy who she absolutely did not want a child by. I heard there was a hell of a story there but I never did hear anymore about it.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, even Waddy says she stole the guitar riff for EO17, so that's not a myth.

Michele

Iiiiiiii think you may have missed my point.

By the way, is it true that Stevie once attacked Lindsey and threatened to kill him?

And that she didn't even realize that cocaine could hurt you?

Old 09-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
Iiiiiiii think you may have missed my point.

By the way, is it true that Stevie once attacked Lindsey and threatened to kill him?

And that she didn't even realize that cocaine could hurt you?

I think I'm missing your point, too. You're spouting what you seem to think are misconceptions, but like Michele pointed out, not all of them are. That Stevie had abortions isn't a misconception, anyway.
You're so like me
Old 09-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
What statements? Also I think in the SA interview she was definently saying she had an abortion, not that she miscarried.
Matt Baumann:
Quote:
"There were many emotional moments between the band members. obviously the scene were Lindsey sheds a tear or two talking to Stevie about how much this project means to him. one of the more emotional moments made it to the film and that was when Stevie and Lindsey recorded "Goodbye Baby". That was shot very quietly late at night and due to the subject matter, was a very private and personal moment between those two."
I didn't hear the SA interview so I don't know.

Just pointing out the fact that the term abortion is used in the medical field for miscarriage, that the Vox article was written in Europe and they may have been accustomed to using the proper terminology, and that it is highly possible that Stevie could not carry to term (for a variety of reasons - her drug use being the most obvious to us). She talked about really wanting kids and in several articles around that time she was considering adoption. It's certainly plausible that she wanted kids and couldn't have them. I don't think that's something she would have necessarily shared with the public - especially if it was the most painful, personal thing in her life. Or even her decisions to abort which she later regretted or regretted the circumstances. It seems she was definitely going through a lot of reflecting and maybe wishing some things were different for her at that time.

At any rate, I'm glad she got through it and seems to be happy with where she is now.

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-13-2010 at 06:07 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I knew of someone who was a rabid Fleetwood Mac fan years ago. Now I am going to take this with a grain of salt but this is what he told me.
The guys were: Lindsey, Don Henley, Mick Fleetwood and Rupert Hine. Yeah not sure how he knew this or if any of it was true but I thought I would throw it out there.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
I knew of someone who was a rabid Fleetwood Mac fan years ago. Now I am going to take this with a grain of salt but this is what he told me.
The guys were: Lindsey, Don Henley, Mick Fleetwood and Rupert Hine. Yeah not sure how he knew this or if any of it was true but I thought I would throw it out there.
Rupert Hine??!!! YUCK!!!