Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Capitol Centre 1975

I've been watching this quite a lot lately and I've pretty much come to the conclusion that this is my favourite video of this line-up. Recorded just eight weeks after the release of the White Album, it really does give an insight into the band just before they really made it big. They know they're good but they haven't a clue what's about to happen to them as the band crawls out of the chrysalis once again. It really does express the past, present and future of the band like no other performance I've seen.

It's got nearly everything for me- the nods to Peter Green (through Oh Well and the Green Manalishi), Danny & Jeremy (Station Man), Bob Welch (Hypnotised), and Christine's Blues roots (Get like you used to be). Stevie's Rhiannon is terrific and Christine delves into Bare Trees and Mystery to Me for her numbers. It's a shame she didn't perform one of her four new songs, but it's only an eleven-strong set so there's not that much room, I guess.

I only wish a better quality recording of the show would turn up, without "FOR SCREENING ONLY" appearing on the screen throughout.

Anyone else feel the same?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpij-BvOwGs

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 11-28-2015 at 01:13 PM..
Old 11-28-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I've been watching this quite a lot lately and I've pretty much come to the conclusion that this is my favourite video of this line-up. Recorded just eight weeks after the release of the White Album, it really does give an insight into the band just before they really made it big. They know they're good but they haven't a clue what's about to happen to them as the band crawls out of the chrysalis once again. It really does express the past, present and future of the band like no other performance I've seen.

It's got nearly everything for me- the nods to Peter Green (through Oh Well and the Green Manalishi), Danny & Jeremy (Station Man), Bob Welch (Hypnotised), and Christine's Blues roots (Get like you used to be). Stevie's Rhiannon is terrific and Christine delves into Bare Trees and Mystery to Me for her numbers. It's a shame she didn't perform one of her four new songs, but it's only an eleven-strong set so there's not that much room, I guess.

I only wish a better quality recording of the show would turn up, without "FOR SCREENING ONLY" appearing on the screen throughout.

Anyone else feel the same?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpij-BvOwGs
After the newly discovered 1975 Passaic show I forgot for a bit how much I loved this show.

I've always openly desired that Fleetwood Mac would release special re-editions of all their older albums including a DVD of one of their historical shows.
A reissue of the white album with:
- a CD of the soundboard of the white album's rehearsals
- a Cd of outtakes (just think about the buckingham-nicks material played by all of the 5 members)
- a remastered dvd of the Capital Centre show

that would be my dream.

P.S.
Here are two videos of Rhiannon and I'm so afraid with slightly higher quality and the annoying lettering edited out:

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 11-28-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Old 06-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Throwback Thursday: Van Morrison, The Who, Fleetwood Mac

By Paste Magazine Staff | June 2, 2016 | 2:15pm

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...-morrison.html

Fleetwood Mac: Live at Capitol Theatre, 1975

Fleetwood Mac is the British-American standout band that clambered up the rock pedestal, and well, never really left. None of us are planning to usher them off as old news either, and this week, we peer into the ‘70s shimmer of the Capitol Theatre in Passaic, New Jersey. In 1975, two years prior to the release of the band’s monumental album, Rumors, Mac Fleetwood adopted Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham into the group, following the departure of the original guitarist, Bob Welch. With these new talents, Fleetwood Mac was suddenly at the cusp of a complete renovation, and this archived footage from the 1975 tour lets us experience the motions of a transitional period that would later lob the band into the mainstream ebb and flow.

The set begins with Christine McVie paddling at the keyboard for “Get Like You Used to Be.” Stevie Nicks, who has always been shrouded with gossamer and mysticism, emerges during the performance of her first hit, “Rhiannon.” She is draped in a glimmering white shawl and her voice is soft and wistful, making us wonder why she was ever accused of being a witch. Buckingham keeps his head down and plays the guitar feverishly, rarely prying his eyes away from the intense finger-picking of the strings. As the pace picks up with percussion frequencies and McVie’s keyboarding, Nicks closes her eyes and howls. In this moment, we find ourselves in awe of the sheer dynamism of her vocals and realize why Fleetwood Mac made it this big. After the last belt, which demonstrates her tremendous skill in pitch variation, Nicks collapses into herself—briefly monumentalized in her glory like an alabaster statuette.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you SisterNightroad. The Rhiannon live video is the best quality I have ever seen and such a pleasure to watch without the time ticker.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Thank you SisterNightroad. The Rhiannon live video is the best quality I have ever seen and such a pleasure to watch without the time ticker.
You're welcome man.
If I'm not mistaken Nicole on her site has the entire video in a pretty decent quality.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
You're welcome man.
If I'm not mistaken Nicole on her site has the entire video in a pretty decent quality.
I've seen it so many times. Yet, when I click on your videos.. I watch them like it's the first time. Thanks!!