http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/star...nopoly-hasbro/
Old 01-24-2016, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
so what if HASBRO has given in and will start making them

Report: ‘Star Wars’ toymakers were ‘specifically directed’ to exclude Rey

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/star...nopoly-hasbro/
Unfortunately, it's kind of true what the industry people in the article said. Most little boys won't play with a female action figure. Typically that doesn't stop them from making them, just usually in a much lower quantity. I'm a huge Wonder Woman fan, and I'm having a bitch of a time finding figures from the upcoming Batman V Superman film because they will only put one per case compared to about 10 each of Batman or Superman.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
Unfortunately, it's kind of true what the industry people in the article said. Most little boys won't play with a female action figure. Typically that doesn't stop them from making them, just usually in a much lower quantity. I'm a huge Wonder Woman fan, and I'm having a bitch of a time finding figures from the upcoming Batman V Superman film because they will only put one per case compared to about 10 each of Batman or Superman.
I think they underestimate the interest modern girls have in superhero and science fiction films.
My 4 year old daughter loves spiderman, batman, star wars etc and would love to play with female figures as much as the male ones.
If they only cater to boys then they are surely missing out on a large chunk of the market.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I think they underestimate the interest modern girls have in superhero and science fiction films.
My 4 year old daughter loves spiderman, batman, star wars etc and would love to play with female figures as much as the male ones.
If they only cater to boys then they are surely missing out on a large chunk of the market.

I agree. I'm a guy and I had the 12" mego wonder woman when I was young. Maybe it doesn't count because I'm gay, but back then I played with Star Wars figures too, and it wasn't complete if you didn't have a Princess Leia figure. Plus when they limit the female figures all it does is make them more valuable and then even harder to find because the re-sellers stalk the toy aisles and buy them all before they even make it to the shelves. Let's start a movement #actionfiguressomale!
Old 01-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ha! I predicted a problem with boys and young men for a Star Wars with a main female character, we'll see if it makes it to another film without a new white male main character. It's just reality, even if girls look better in skintight action costumes and capes and stuff.

DC is/was doing a line of pose-able super-heroine dolls (the non 'action' kinds I guess with comb-able hair like the my little ponies), not sure if Wonder Woman was in them but I saw Supergirl and Batgirl anyway, very kawaii/cute though of course. I still enjoy the new Supergirl tv series and hope they don't go too grim and dark with it, seriously I gave up reading most comic books/all super ones when they dragged a dead Supergirl around on some comic book covers back around 1985/86! That's when sales gimmicks trumped anything else between killing these fictional characters solely for something to do (make psuedo history) and all the cross-over stories. Only the X-Men movies made me look again. The first super comics I ever got into though were Supergirl and Shazam circa early 1970s and they were lighter and cartoonier. My brother had something called Deadman which was very realistically drawn but impossible for me to actually follow and read which is probably the kind of things the obsessive collector types revered while cancelling stuff like House Of Mystery, Young Love and Sgt. Rock (written and drawn by actual WWII vets by the way if these fans had ever really wanted a taste of reality). I love the Teen Titans Go cartoons for example though. Now there will be serious 'adult' superhero movies with R ratings, yikes! As if Batman sounding like Clint Eastwood with inflamed hemorrhoids isn't edgy enough. I don't get that, they will burn people out of them instead of creating something sustainable for a wider audience.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not happy that the Mickey Mouse company took the movie production over.What happen to 20th Century Fox.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Registered

Lucas sold the rights to disney
Old 01-28-2016, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Lucas sold the rights to disney
Thanks for the info .I did not know that.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-28-2016, 08:07 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thanks for the info .I did not know that.
In an interview with Charlie Rose he call Disney the great white slaver

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/st...rs-1201669959/