Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I don't hear Seven Wonders that much. I think the #1 song is Goodbye Baby live. Everytime they say ...another live track its Goodbye Baby. Never liked that song too. The Little Lies jelly bean remix is getting old too.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:18 PM
Ledgie

Oh I forgot about silver springs...they do play the live version to death, and I have yet to hear the studio version. Come to think of it, I have yet to hear Angel, sisters of the moon, peacekeeper, say you will or fireflies yet either.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlnightbird View Post
Oh I forgot about silver springs...they do play the live version to death, and I have yet to hear the studio version. Come to think of it, I have yet to hear Angel, sisters of the moon, peacekeeper, say you will or fireflies yet either.
I love the live version of Silver Springs, but enough is enough. Would say the same about Sara and it is one of my faves. Heard an early cut of Dreams which was beautiful. Her voice back then was like nothing I’ve ever heard. So unique.
Lindsey’s production work on Gypsy is unmatched. I’ve heard a few cuts of the song and it’s breathtaking.
Heard an earlier cut of Big Love. That has really evolved over the years but so good. Heard Stevie singing harmony on I’m So Afraid which was really beautiful
Hold me always makes me happy. Showcases C&L so well. Heard Neil Finn’s song “World is Turning”...I am sorry, I know I pick on it constantly but the fact no one stopped the track to correct him shows how shotty this organization is right now. And between him and Stevie, whoever goes to these shows is going to be yelling STFU. It’s unreal
Old 05-29-2018, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I love the live version of Silver Springs, but enough is enough. Would say the same about Sara and it is one of my faves. Heard an early cut of Dreams which was beautiful. Her voice back then was like nothing I’ve ever heard. So unique.
Lindsey’s production work on Gypsy is unmatched. I’ve heard a few cuts of the song and it’s breathtaking.
Heard an earlier cut of Big Love. That has really evolved over the years but so good. Heard Stevie singing harmony on I’m So Afraid which was really beautiful
Hold me always makes me happy. Showcases C&L so well. Heard Neil Finn’s song “World is Turning”...I am sorry, I know I pick on it constantly but the fact no one stopped the track to correct him shows how shotty this organization is right now. And between him and Stevie, whoever goes to these shows is going to be yelling STFU. It’s unreal
OMG I know. He talks so much. I was not expecting him to talk so much. I have nothing against him but Kristen was not lying when she said it's hard to listen to him LOL. He really gives Stevie a run for her money! I would gladly take Lindsey's therapy-influenced psychoanalysis babble repetitive speeches over Neil talking as if he's been in the band for half a century.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can’t listen to it anymore. It could have been much, much better.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-29-2018, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I heard Angel late last night, and I believe I've heard Say You Will.

If I never hear a Tango remix again, I'd be perfectly happy.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m surprised how much I have heard John McVies’s Now I Know. It’s actually quite enjoyable. I was driving and all I could think of was how much the singers voice sounded like Cher in places.....then I pictured John McVie and Cher sharing a stage....that made me almost crash from laughing so hard.

And on that note, why have they still avoided Lindsey’s solo music? That would have been so great. Shame on Sirius.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I’m surprised how much I have heard John McVies’s Now I Know. It’s actually quite enjoyable. I was driving and all I could think of was how much the singers voice sounded like Cher in places.....then I pictured John McVie and Cher sharing a stage....that made me almost crash from laughing so hard.

And on that note, why have they still avoided Lindsey’s solo music? That would have been so great. Shame on Sirius.
I really liked that song (co-written by Billy Burnette), and really that whole album. John McVie, Mick Taylor, Billy Burnette…In retrospect, I wonder why Mick didn’t get Mick Taylor instead of Dave Mason in Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-31-2018, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post

What is Now I Know from?
Old 05-31-2018, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
What is Now I Know from?
John McVie’s Gotta Band Featuring Lola Thomas

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-31-2018, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Most overplayed Stevie Mac song is seven wonders!
Most overplayed Christine Mac song is everywhere!
Whenever I hear them play solo Stevie, most of the time it’s leather and lace
As for other bands, I do hear a lot of eagles especially lyin eyes, but I also hear way too much everly brothers and buddy holly too!
I actually did LOL when driving yesterday and Seven Wonders came on. But they played Butter Cookie after it which is the most rare of all gems.
I heard the remix version of Big Love yesterday too. I always liked that extra keyboard part and wish it was on the album version. I wonder if Lindsey or Christine played it.

Last week I heard the World Turning early version with all those keyboards. Wow it was so cool. I love hearing Christine play. I love her style.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The station is no more. Today its been replaced by a U2 channel
I wonder if they play someone else every 3 songs like on the Mac channel.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The station is no more. Today its been replaced by a U2 channel
I wonder if they play someone else every 3 songs like on the Mac channel.
It was fun while it lasted - however, the last week it was starting to get a tad boring as it became quite repetitive. Of course, I was listening quite a bit - probably too much. Hopefully, they bring it back but with more diversity in songs and different interviews, etc.

I love U2 so I will be listening to the new station...
Old 05-31-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe they'll bring the channel back closer to the start of the tour. I just got back from a trip to Europe so I missed the last 10-11 days of FM channel. Apparently they didn't play any solo Lindsey
Old 05-31-2018, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Maybe they'll bring the channel back closer to the start of the tour. I just got back from a trip to Europe so I missed the last 10-11 days of FM channel. Apparently they didn't play any solo Lindsey
I was a daily listener and never heard any Lindsey solo.
Its not a coincidence and very childish IMHO