The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard Winds of Change yesterday. They under utilized Bekka on Time.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
The argument about the running order is covered in the documentary, as someone already stated. Mick talks about it. Is this the same argument? Do we know for sure at the last minute that SHE *didn't* want the double album? Who made the final decision?
I don't think it's specifically her more than anyone else but it was basically a Lindsey vs. the rest of them mostly. They weren't crazy about the idea and I think for Stevie she thought it would be like Tusk 2.0 if it was a double album. I believe she even said at some point that she thought it was too long. The documentary certainly shows it as something Lindsey REALLY wanted and the rest of them not so much and he was pretttttyy bitter about it after.
I think it was also said once that Stevie refused to go on a longer tour for it if it were to be a double album so then Lindsey would end up losing money which played part in the double album being scapped.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
The documentary certainly shows it as something Lindsey REALLY wanted and the rest of them not so much and he was pretttttyy bitter about it after.
I think it was also said once that Stevie refused to go on a longer tour for it if it were to be a double album so then Lindsey would end up losing money which played part in the double album being scapped.
yes. i can't believe that people are arguing this now too.

makes you doubt anything else someone says, if they are arguing the double album point.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-19-2018, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. i can't believe that people are arguing this now too.

makes you doubt anything else someone says, if they are arguing the double album point.
I'm not even saying Stevie and the rest of the band were wrong in not wanting it to be a double album. Personally I agree it would've been way too long and it wouldn't have worked the way it did for Tusk. And Lindsey was totally a little bitch about it. But the suggestion that STEVIE fought so hard for it be one is just...not true? It's bizarre that she would say that. I think maybe she meant something else but used the wrong words?
Old 05-19-2018, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'm not even saying Stevie and the rest of the band were wrong in not wanting it to be a double album. Personally I agree it would've been way too long and it wouldn't have worked the way it did for Tusk. And Lindsey was totally a little bitch about it. But the suggestion that STEVIE fought so hard for it be one is just...not true? It's bizarre that she would say that. I think maybe she meant something else but used the wrong words?

Honestly...and I say this as a fan of Stevie's work.....She tells tales based upon how they will make her look in the press. Period. I am not speaking Team Lindsey/Team Stevie, ..but there is a rolodex of isht where she has, as some on this site have said "revised history". No one calls her out on it--no one fact checks her. She's on the record regarding SYW completely nixing (no pun intended)the double album. The interview on XM is pure BS.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This band has the NERVE to advertise the concert on the FM channel with this tagline "the chain remains unbroken" REALLY????? Also ZERO mention of a new line up in the ad. They are now officially the worst.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This band has the NERVE to advertise the concert on the FM channel with this tagline "the chain remains unbroken" REALLY????? Also ZERO mention of a new line up in the ad. They are now officially the worst.
Makes you wonder...are they hoping people don't notice?? I mean the fact the logo is not a picture of them but a penguin (I get it's their "mascot") with their names around it in super fine microscopic print......
Old 05-19-2018, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
They have lost all credibility. Just a bunch of cash grabbing whores.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Honestly...and I say this as a fan of Stevie's work.....She tells tales based upon how they will make her look in the press. Period. I am not speaking Team Lindsey/Team Stevie, ..but there is a rolodex of isht where she has, as some on this site have said "revised history". No one calls her out on it--no one fact checks her. She's on the record regarding SYW completely nixing (no pun intended)the double album. The interview on XM is pure BS.
That's because she (and the rest of them, don't know about Mike & Neil) underestimate the power of the internet and social media. In the old days we only had magazines, TV and radio interviews. There was no fact checking back then except if you called management and got someone nice on the phone. And even than you couldn't be 100% sure if that person was telling you the truth. Now we have youtube, Google not to mention cell phones etc. and we record everything. So everything they said, even it was 15 years ago, is on tape. But they don't realize that unless someone sticks a camera in their face (like TMZ did with Mick). I doubt Lindsey even knew he was recorded the day after MusiCares when he said he wanted to tour for his Best Of and with Fleetwood Mac.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-20-2018, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Trying to digest this is like trying to digest food poisoning. I used to like Mick.
emphasis on 'used'...as in, I feel USED.
Lindsey's comments point toward not wanting another album while he did, but something tells me this is much more than any 'tour' as they've had dozens of tours and besides being the 50th anniversary (which was actually last year) what does this bring to the table but yet another greatest hits cash grab?
Old 05-20-2018, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What gets me ...why are they cash grabbing?..
They must all be so rich, maybe Mick needs the cash, I don’t know.

But to chuck, as Lindsey says,“43 years” down the tubes for money is sh**e.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
Trying to digest this is like trying to digest food poisoning. I used to like Mick.
emphasis on 'used'...as in, I feel USED.
Lindsey's comments point toward not wanting another album while he did, but something tells me this is much more than any 'tour' as they've had dozens of tours and besides being the 50th anniversary (which was actually last year) what does this bring to the table but yet another greatest hits cash grab?
I agree. And Lindsey was never really my favorite member, mainly because I thought he was a spoiled brat, who threw tantrums if he didn't get his way...

NOW he ends up being the most likeable, and having BY FAR, the most credibility.

Mick and Stevie are scum to me, and the McVie's are just wishy washy company shills, without backbones.

Lindsey's is the only career I intend of supporting, from here on out.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. And Lindsey was never really my favorite member, mainly because I thought he was a spoiled brat, who threw tantrums if he didn't get his way...

NOW he ends up being the most likeable, and having BY FAR, the most credibility.

Mick and Stevie are scum to me, and the McVie's are just wishy washy company shills, without backbones.

Sadly (and I say it because there are 5 members in this band) he's the only one who truly care about the band and about its fans. Of course he loves money (who doesn't?), but it was never his priority.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bye Felicia. Take your hate with you.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I was in the car when I heard it--almost hit a tree and then came home and watched Destiny Rules to reassure myself I am not crazy. SHe's the queen of revisionist history.
I'm very glad you did not hit a tree.

And yes, she is the queen of revisionist history--I remember her long rant about the FM fan base being older now and not having extra money to sit around stoned and listen to a double album when they have children to support, etc.