User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
These people would complain about anything. I thought they sounded pretty good. Do they sound like they did in 1997? 1987? 1977? Hell no! Hell, Christine is in her freaking 70's! I just sometimes don't get why people feel compelled to give their opinion about EVERYTHING. If you don't like it, turn the damn channel.
I agree. For one thing... a direct tv sound feed always makes even the best singer sound a little rough. A little reverb or slight echo should always be added to these things.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
These people would complain about anything. I thought they sounded pretty good. Do they sound like they did in 1997? 1987? 1977? Hell no! Hell, Christine is in her freaking 70's! I just sometimes don't get why people feel compelled to give their opinion about EVERYTHING. If you don't like it, turn the damn channel.
Yea people fuss about anything.They should give the Mac a break.Most people that are are retired or working part time at Walmart or Home Depot at that age.
Give them a break for Pete's sake.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow on today show facebook page everybody is complaining about how bad they sounded. I didn't get to watch it but I cant believe they could sound that bad at all.
Geesh people are tough!!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Ha, I just knew stevie wouldn't bring the great vocals we've been hearing on her new album and this fleetwood Mac tour. Why play gypsy? It's both not as popular as dreams or Rhiannon but equally as bad these days in concert. Why not play a song she does we'll live these days.
I agree with everything you wrote. She's afraid to try for the higher range out of fear, so it's puzzling that she chose Gypsy since it does push the higher range (despite the lower key). Landslide (again) would have actually been fine. Al Roker would have been happy. Besides, EVERYONE knows it and she'd have gotten a sing along and the younger folks would realize, "Hey, she's doing a Dixie Chick song."
Old 10-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Yea people fuss about anything.They should give the Mac a break.Most people that are are retired or working part time at Walmart or Home Depot at that age.
Exactly. If it's not your thing, don't watch. I just don't get the need to beat down on these people. And then fans wonder why they add extra backing musicians and singers.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
You don't get "a break" on LIVE tv, though. Gotta bring your A game every time. Song choices are important--I think Gypsy was a mistake. btw, I didn't hear the backup singers, even though they were there. Maybe that's why they have added a third for shows.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Wow on today show facebook page everybody is complaining about how bad they sounded. I didn't get to watch it but I cant believe they could sound that bad at all.
Geesh people are tough!!
Give the Mac a break I would say back to those idiots.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OooMissionary View Post
Whatever it takes...

Sadly, Christine seemed to be getting the harsh end of the digs... The usual amount for Stevie... GYOW went over much better.
How could people say Christine sounded bad? She still sounds very close if the same as she used to!!

I can't believe I have to watch these fools on the Today Show until they do The Chain. How do people watch this show?
Old 10-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Actually... Stevie seems to be getting the most positive in the Twitterverse. GDW or Landslide would have gone down a little better on live tv, though. It is interesting to see the difference in response. Love/Hate.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
You don't get "a break" on LIVE tv, though. Gotta bring your A game every time. Song choices are important--I think Gypsy was a mistake. btw, I didn't hear the backup singers, even though they were there. Maybe that's why they have added a third for shows.
I would love to hear Hold Me .They could of added another tune instead of the BS fluff stories and filler.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually... Stevie seems to be getting the most positive in the Twitterverse. GDW or Landslide would have gone down a little better on live tv, though.
absolutely. Either of those.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
How could people say Christine sounded bad? She still sounds very close if the same as she used to!!

I can't believe I have to watch these fools on the Today Show until they do The Chain. How do people watch this show?
It's awful. These people complaining on the Today Show Facebook page should be complaining about the terrible hosts. I'm so glad I'm usually at work and don't bother watching this nonsense!

The Facebook comments are BRUTAL. Just saw a few..good grief. Quite honestly, looking at some of these people's pictures who are lambasting Fleetwood Mac, they should just shut up.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They played the tour ad for the added New York shows in 2015.

Get your tix.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
In my humble opinion, they did bring their "A" game. Vocals might have been shaky here & there (I can't imagine it's easy to sing in the cold & wind), but they were having a good time up there. Stevie in particular was energized and having fun. I'd much rather see that than yet another performance of "Landslide."

Not to mention the fact that "Landslide" is just Stevie & Lindsey. When the point is to celebrate the return of "The Five."

I'm not criticizing your opinion, Tango -- just explaining why I think "Gypsy" was a better choice. (Although I would have gone wild if they'd done "Seven Wonders.")
Old 10-09-2014, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Whatever it takes...

Sadly, Christine seemed to be getting the harsh end of the digs... The usual amount for Stevie... GYOW went over much better.

Really! I though Chris sounded amazing on Little Lies. I especially love the way she sang the lines "let's give it a try eye" and "settle for one day to to believe in you"

It was stevie on gypsy that sounded awful. Maybe it's just because I'm on such a stevie high with 24 Karat Gold and some of the YouTube videos of this tour, that it's an even bigger let down to watch that. I know it would've been completely inappropriate for this string, but why couldn't they just play the song 24 karat gold in gypsys spot. Or more realistically, play seven wonders, it's sort of her most relevant song now with American Harry story and she sings it great in concert.

He Will Burn You Down