Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Columbus show

In case this helps anyone: last minute deals to be had on Stubhub including 1 floor 3 row c ticket (CM side) for less than face value $169. Also some row N in floor 2 and lower bowl next to stage.

For those going: enjoy the show!
Old 10-19-2014, 06:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Popped on too late to see that. Oh well, already here. I'll probably pop on after the show and share a bit.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That third row ticket is amazing, but when they wait that late to drop the price, they ensure that no one will take them up on it. I have had some bad experiences where I had someone meet me at the venue with the ticket, because it couldn't be delivered beforehand and I never want to put myself in that position again.

It worked out in the end. I got the tickets, but it was stressful. I worried about having paid my money already but not getting the ticket, until the very end. 30 minutes before the show I was standing outside with a cell phone in my hand trying to find the ticket seller. "Are you the one standing by that small brick building on the left? Wave if that's you."

I don't want to ever do that again.

Michele
Old 10-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I have done the same anxiety inducing ticket exchange with strangers and I will not do it again--memories of London street corner and tube station meetups. In this case the tix were instant download and most sold-it was interesting watching the prices drop. (I had hoped to be able to sneak away from a family thing and get a drop but it wasn't to be this time so will do Cleveland or another city on leg 2).
Old 10-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Will post something later today, won't be back in Pittsburgh until 2:30, but this was the best of the three tours I've seen them. Looking forward to getting a 2015 show in!
Old 10-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Courtesy of Nationwide Arena Facebook page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_48528970947342.jpeg (73.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-19-2014, 11:21 PM
Junior Ledgie

What a fabulous show and a fabulous Meet&Greet. Mick was really cool plus I even got to ask him a question. His stories were great and he is a really pleasant likeable guy who enjoys telling stories. There were a lot more VIP folks than I expected though (about 56 of us). Wow. Even Mick comment on the larger than normal group. Was hoping for a smaller group so that we could ask more questions.

Also met a couple of other cool ladies during the VIP experience of which one of them was a ledge member from southeast Idaho and her friend was from Columbus. (Where did you guys run off to? I looked for you in the third row but couldn't find you. Message me). They were wearing chiffon and both looked similar to Stevie in her younger years.

The rapport was great with the crowd. Lindsey was just awesome and really gave 110% and was drained at times (but he loved it). Christine really enjoyed herself and was smiling frequently. Stevie was reserved at times but still upbeat; she also told a couple neat stories and did a great job on Gold Dust Woman (extended) and Rhiannon. She put a good effort into Seven Wonders and Sisters of the Moon and I really liked it. I did also manage to get my Buckingham Nicks CD signed by Lindsey too since I had front row center tickets plus I was really into the show and his guitar (he wrung/shook his hand in preparation for Big Love). There was another older lady who squeezed upfront and was right beside me who had her BN record signed too (she was constantly waving/raising it though over several person's heads and it became annoying). I was directly in front of his microphone; I also stood by and looked at his equipment when we were onstage for the M&G. I ended up getting some great photos. Also got to shake his hand and touched his guitar (twice).

As expected, a lot of people plowed to the front (at some spots, it was 3 deep) but it was mostly a positive experience and most people were cool with it. Still, I had a blast. Was it worth the $750 for the Meet/Greet? Hmm..I am still on the fence on that one. I will probably go to Cleveland in February but I am definitely not doing the M&G again as it's a lot of money (they went up to $895 for the 2nd leg!!).

All in all, I had a great time. For future shows, I will wait until the last two days in hopes of getting discounted tickets from others.

Last edited by buckinghamnicks; 10-20-2014 at 11:18 AM..
Old 10-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
Oh I have done the same anxiety inducing ticket exchange with strangers and I will not do it again--memories of London street corner and tube station meetups. In this case the tix were instant download and most sold-it was interesting watching the prices drop. (I had hoped to be able to sneak away from a family thing and get a drop but it wasn't to be this time so will do Cleveland or another city on leg 2).
Oh, instant download is fantastic. It would be great to get a last minute ticket that way. But I'm sure I would never be lucky to have it happen for any of the shows I would be able to attend.

Michele
Old 10-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckinghamnicks View Post

The rapport was great with the crowd. Lindsey was just awesome and really gave 110% and was drained at times (but he loved it). Christine really enjoyed herself and was smiling frequently. Stevie was reserved at times but still upbeat; she also told a couple neat stories and did a great job on Gold Dust Woman (extended) and Rhiannon. She put a good effort into Seven Wonders and Sisters of the Moon and I really liked it. I did also manage to get my Buckingham Nicks CD signed by Lindsey too since I had front row center tickets plus I was really into the show and his guitar.
I ended up getting some great photos. Also got to shake his end and touched his guitar (twice).
It sounds like you had a great time. Up close and personal. It's great that Lindsey noticed you throughout the show. Seeing that you were enjoying his work all through the night made getting that BN signature a shoo in for you . Michele
Old 10-20-2014, 03:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Link to the audio in the masterpost thread.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It sounds like you had a great time. Up close and personal. It's great that Lindsey noticed you throughout the show. Seeing that you were enjoying his work all through the night made getting that BN signature a shoo in for you . Michele
Yes, I agree.

I was careful on the camera part and only took photos when I saw a unique opportunity onstage as I didn't want to overdo it like a ton of others (Mick's awesome red shoes came to mind; he didn't have those on during the M&G). Another was Stevie's dancing during Gold Dust and only when she physically came to our side of the stage, as it's impossible for a good photo due to lack of light. Also, the side view of Mick drumming when they set it up close to the stage towards the end of the show. Christine photos were very difficult to get unless you were on here side; she just doesn't move around much. To be totally honest, it was extremely annoying with tons of iphones and others recording, including 5 phones directly above/behind my head; any time I moved two feet, a phone would hit me and the person would apologize. I think the contant video recording is huge overkill. Even the guy next to me was constantly recording; when Lindsey directly smiled at him, he smiled back and was content; at that moment, I smiled at the guy and told him, " alright now, you got great stuff, don't you think? How about we put away the phone now, eh? You can't really get any better than that! " ; he agreed. Had the older woman next to me actually ask me to move my hands on the stage as she was recording Lindsey doing his guitar work at the end of So Afraid. I mean come on! He's on the opposite side of the stage!! Really?? We are at his microphone; wait until he walks back! Sigh. But anyway...sorry for the rant. It was still a positive experience. But after tons of shows going back a long time (including them as solo artists), I know when enough is enough and when to be selective and get good stuff only.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was on the floor, did anyone hear me yell "Hold Me!"? I think I yelled four times between songs when it was relatively quiet.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

I didn't hear anyone yell for Hold Me, but I did hear a really great show. (Thought about yelling myself when Christine mentioned the BN album for a CD release but I stopped myself understanding how futile it would be.) The highlight for me had to be Songbird, but everyone sounded great. The best thing about Christine being back is that all three of their voices have improved and probably Stevie's the most. Dreams was much better than even last year. Little Lies, 7 W, and IKINW were fun. But it was all about hearing Songbird for the first time. Each show is better than the last for Christine's voice and she was fantastic. Looking forward to next year and hopefully better seats in Cleveland. Side stage was NOT the way to go for this. Even when it is Christine side.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckinghamnicks View Post
Yes, I agree.

I was careful on the camera part and only took photos when I saw a unique opportunity onstage as I didn't want to overdo it like a ton of others (Mick's awesome red shoes came to mind; he didn't have those on during the M&G). Another was Stevie's dancing during Gold Dust and only when she physically came to our side of the stage, as it's impossible for a good photo due to lack of light. Also, the side view of Mick drumming when they set it up close to the stage towards the end of the show. Christine photos were very difficult to get unless you were on here side; she just doesn't move around much. To be totally honest, it was extremely annoying with tons of iphones and others recording, including 5 phones directly above/behind my head; any time I moved two feet, a phone would hit me and the person would apologize. I think the contant video recording is huge overkill. Even the guy next to me was constantly recording; when Lindsey directly smiled at him, he smiled back and was content; at that moment, I smiled at the guy and told him, " alright now, you got great stuff, don't you think? How about we put away the phone now, eh? You can't really get any better than that! " ; he agreed. Had the older woman next to me actually ask me to move my hands on the stage as she was recording Lindsey doing his guitar work at the end of So Afraid. I mean come on! He's on the opposite side of the stage!! Really?? We are at his microphone; wait until he walks back! Sigh. But anyway...sorry for the rant. It was still a positive experience. But after tons of shows going back a long time (including them as solo artists), I know when enough is enough and when to be selective and get good stuff only.

So fun!! Loved readying your experience. I stood in the exact same place last year when we had our meet and greet with Mick, although we only had 6 people at it...........can you say crazy amount of time to visit with him one on one??????? Anyways, that spot right in front of Lindsey is so good. I had my hands on the stage the whole time, and then my husband took the paper play list that was taped on for him. I have it with one of Lindsey's picks. Yes he does have some. I wonder if they are for when his callous rips off?? Does anyone know??? It has LB on one side and a picture of a pick on the other side with a red circle around it and a red line through it. It's very bendy. Thanks for sharing, I was able to relive our experience again through you.

ps. we did see them on Saturday night in Toronto. My husband who is only at the FM shows because of me, said it was the absolute best FM concert he has seen, and one of the best concerts period he's been at. He's a drummer, and he said that Christine added way more than he ever thought one singer could normally do. And we all agreed that Stevie's voice was the best we've heard in years. Wayyyy better than last year. Christine's singing, well my husband kept saying over and over "she can really sing, she can really sing, wow, she can really sing." I'm not sure what he was thinking............that she was just an old lady with an accordian or something?????
Old 10-20-2014, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie didn't say anything after the show.

THE Stephen Hopkins