Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Yeah, that's totally ridiculous. First of all, that doesn't make sense- they gave Stevie every opportunity to be on the album, and she refused to participate, so what's to get revenge for?

Second, of course a SN forum is going to have SN worshippers, just like a LB forum is going to have LB worshippers. The Ledge, I think, appeals to folks who love the band as a whole. I'm sure a LB group is going to have posts claiming Stevie and Mick have been scheming to get Lindsey out of FM for years.
and that's exactly why i shared this post: this was STEVIE group post "claiming Stevie have been scheming to get Lindsey out of FM for years".

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-01-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
that statement by a Stevie worshiper says it plain and simple: getting Lindsey fired was Stevie’s revenge because of Buckingham McVie.

which is what various Stevie worshiping fans have been disputing in every. single. thread. on here. but they say it in SN groups.

but i agree, there's not much to unpack to that statement, and probably just a bit more than that in this whole situation.
Yeah, I don't doubt the whole BuckVie album and everything surrounding it played a big part in the current situation. It won't be said though, because the other 3 all participated too, and Stevie can't exactly throw *them* under the bus at this point.

I think BuckVie will be quietly swept under the rug (much like BTM), never to be heard from again. Which is a damn shame...
Old 05-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Well in this situation, practically everyone's argument is roughly equivalent to:
"Lindsey's a big jerk! That's why he got kicked out! He deserved it!"
Well then let's just say Lindsey is a big ole jerk, mean and nasty 24/7, ego the size of Russia and lets that be known every minute of every day. Even then, his work and what he's done for the band over the years is remarkable, and it is undeniable that he HAS been the musical leader of the band and the whole rest of the band AND those very same 'fans' have clearly appreciated the work he's always done.
So even in that situation, regardless of what you think about him as a person, the fact that he was axed so suddenly, in the twilight of their careers, over some basic conflict, after everything he's done, after having JUST finished making and touring what was essentially a Fleetwood Mac album (an experience that everyone involved seemed to love), is wrong.

100% percent
Old 05-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Yeah, I don't doubt the whole BuckVie album and everything surrounding it played a big part in the current situation. It won't be said though, because the other 3 all participated too, and Stevie can't exactly throw *them* under the bus at this point.

I think BuckVie will be quietly swept under the rug (much like BTM), never to be heard from again. Which is a damn shame...
She didn’t throw the rest of the band under the bus because she knows it was Lindsey’s idea. Let’s face it: for the past 15 years every idea on FM has been Lindsey’s.

As ridiculous as it sounds, Buckingham McVie was the reason Stevie wanted Lindsey out of the band. For those who wants to believe it, great. For those who don’t, enjoy your tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
A million threads, which one to pick.
So I'll just say it here.

I don't know how anyone that calls
themselves a Fleetwood Mac fan can
go and see them on this upcoming tour.

They're are not the Green, Buckingham
Nicks version of the band. Not even the
very much inferior band that put out BTM
and Time.

Just a bunch of rich old wrinkled up has-beens.
And with those ticket prices I figure they must
be charging by the wrinkle.
Fleetwood Mac Cover Band--coming to an arena near you---1200/ticket!! You in??? LOL
Old 05-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Stevie wanted him out. She didn't want to tour with him anymore. He was willing to negotiate until the very last minute but the decision was already made. But hey, if you want to believe all the lies Mick and Stevie said on CBS, fine by me.

Self-important, controlling attitude? I think you're talking about Stevie.
Where is this willing to negotiate to the last minute stuff coming from? Has it been proven?
Old 05-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I mostly agree with you!
But there are a lot of people, including the person on the previous page, who are insinuating Lindsey was let go because he's such a jerk and the band suddenly got fed up of his jerkiness, which I think is a silly argument to make.
I stand by my post. Only I don’t think it was sudden...it was cumulative. Unless something worse happened at Musiccares we don’t know about. But let’s face it if he did not have a history of being a jerk or difficult, and he was known as the nicest guy in the world, and was still equally as talented, this probably would not have happened.

I don’t doubt that Stevie was number one ringleader in wanting him out, with Mick second with visions of dollar signs. Of course she would be. The others agreed and that’s it. On with the Show.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
If you don't like the new lineup, don't go. Don't turn up with intent of ruining or sabotaging it for other audience members who want to go there and enjoy the experience. Talking about concert protests is stupid, with how security conscious they are nowadays - major concerts now being a target of terrorist attacks.

What is age level of people here? I would've thought more maturity with how long this group has been around. I consider myself neutral on the issue but am almost feeling ashamed of being FM fan with this sort of behaviour.

They tried to continue on the road, but they don't work together well in studio anymore. That's just how it is. Can't always get what you want. I guess you'll be happy though if they all walk off the stage and event spoiled for everyone else.

For years Lindsey has been acting as if he is leader of this band, and they were nothing before he came along. Could be the other long term members got sick of that and want to also cover the band's earlier history on these final tours. Not just the first few years of Stevie and Lindsey, ignoring all the others.

He's never cared about the roles of others in this band. Yes he is a great guitarist, probably the best I'll ever see live. But his attitude is a concern. He is no 'victim', I'm sure if he was more willing to compromise and negotiate something could've been worked out with him. Why should they put up with his self-important, controlling attitude for the rest of their years?
VERY Well Said

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-01-2018, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I stand by my post. Only I don’t think it was sudden...it was cumulative. Unless something worse happened at Musiccares we don’t know about. But let’s face it if he did not have a history of being a jerk or difficult, and he was known as the nicest guy in the world, and was still equally as talented, this probably would not have happened.

I don’t doubt that Stevie was number one ringleader in wanting him out, with Mick second with visions of dollar signs. Of course she would be. The others agreed and that’s it. On with the Show.
I wasn't talking about you but I couldn't disagree more! If they were gonna kick people out for being assholes they would've kicked him out in the 70s/80s when he was at his peak asshole behavior. Or during Say You Will since he was also getting on their nerves then. And also probably would've kicked other people out as well since Lindsey is not the only one with a reputation. You know who actually DID delay Fleetwood Mac in recent years? None other than Miss Stevie Nicks! Read Mick's Playboy interview, he was not a happy camper. And yet she faced no consequence for it.
Also if it was all cumulative why did all of those people (minus Stevie) work on the Buckingham McVie album? Why'd they go and tour it? That tour finished just months ago! And they all had nothing but a positive experience! Do you think that they said to themselves, 'we're gonna take a little break from being mad at Lindsey for acting like a major jerk back in the day, to go out and make this album with him, then go out and tour it and have a blast, then just a few months after we come back, THEN we're gonna fire Lindsey even though he hasn't really done anything except ask for some scheduling tweaks about the tour!!!'

**Also the suggestion that Lindsey today is not 'equally as talented' is ridiculous. You must have never seen them in concert recently then. I don't deny his vocal range is basically gone, but he was 90% of that band's energy onstage. ANYONE will tell you that. Even the people that come solely to see Stevie. And, as the Buckingham McVie album proves, he's still actively making new music that is nice to listen to.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 05-01-2018 at 09:42 PM..
Old 05-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For ****’s sake, they’re all in their 70’s (or close to it) — at this point they should all do what the want.
I find it astounding that people think this band “owes” fans.
They’re all making choices for themselves, not fans.
And they deserve that right. This isn’t a company and we’re not investors.
It’s ****ing music. Enjoy it or don’t.
But please stop writing narratives for people you don’t know personally.

I’ve loved this band for better or worse, for the music.
I’ve never been interested in the relationships or the addiction stories or any other drama -
manufactured, or real.

I get upset when the sound sucks, or someone can’t sing well on a particular night, but that aside - I’m super impressed that they’re willing to tour this extensively at their ages.

I’m deeply disappointed that Lindsey isn’t on this tour.
But I’m also hugely excited to see Mike Campbell play some of my all time favorite songs.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
For ****’s sake, they’re all in their 70’s (or close to it) — at this point they should all do what the want.

I’ve never been interested in the relationships or the addiction stories or any other drama -
manufactured, or real.

I get upset when the sound sucks, or someone can’t sing well on a particular night, but that aside - I’m super impressed that they’re willing to tour this extensively at their ages.

But I’m also hugely excited to see Mike Campbell play some of my all time favorite songs.

He's covering all of these songs. And that's the sad part....for him! He deserves better. And so do the fans.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wasn't talking about you but I couldn't disagree more! If they were gonna kick people out for being assholes they would've kicked him out in the 70s/80s when he was at his peak asshole behavior. Or during Say You Will since he was also getting on their nerves then. And also probably would've kicked other people out as well since Lindsey is not the only one with a reputation. You know who actually DID delay Fleetwood Mac in recent years? None other than Miss Stevie Nicks! Read Mick's Playboy interview, he was not a happy camper. And yet she faced no consequence for it.
Also if it was all cumulative why did all of those people (minus Stevie) work on the Buckingham McVie album? Why'd they go and tour it? That tour finished just months ago! And they all had nothing but a positive experience! Do you think that they said to themselves, 'we're gonna take a little break from being mad at Lindsey for acting like a major jerk back in the day, to go out and make this album with him, then go out and tour it and have a blast, then just a few months after we come back, THEN we're gonna fire Lindsey even though he hasn't really done anything except ask for some scheduling tweaks about the tour!!!'
Who knows why this band does what they do? They could/should have fired Lindsey in 1980 after the tantrum on stage in Australia. But they didn’t do it then. He’s lucky Mick and John didn’t fire him years ago when he was overbearing when he first joined.

And yes, they could have and probably should have fired Stevie after she didn’t record in what led up to BM. But they didn’t.

I just think his past attitude/reputation has to have come into play regarding what happened recently. Otherwise they could have worked it out. If it was only Stevie wanting revenge why would Christine and John go with it (even though Chris says she was unaware, which I don’t buy).
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post

manufactured, or real.

You think we're upset because they "own us something"?

Stevie and Mick own Lindsey the right to be on his band. They own to his family an explanation.

Stevie and Mick chose for Lindsey. He didn't have the right to choose because they fired him.

We're also dissappointed Lindsey isn't on this tour. Mostly because he wanted to be on it. So, yeah....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 05-01-2018, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Where is this willing to negotiate to the last minute stuff coming from? Has it been proven?
The day after Musicares. I'm sure you saw that video, where he didn't even know he was being filmed, so he wasn't lying. Even his family asked for that video on IG, so they will probably use it as evidence that:

1. he didn't even know he was gonna get fired,
2. and he wanted to do both tours.