Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood doesn't think Fleetwood Mac will Reunite with Ex Members

"Mick Fleetwood doesn't think Fleetwood Mac will Reunite with Ex Members"

https://canoe.com/entertainment/musi...ith-ex-members

The title of the piece and Mick's evasive language try to lump Green, Spencer, and Buckingham together in the same category as "ex members" but reading not so subtly between the lines, it's clear he's making an argument for going forward without Buckingham:

"I don't think there will be a point where the band's former members all end up back in a good place together."

Quit the doublespeak, Mick. What you really mean is "I don't think Stevie will ever consent to working with Lindsey again on stage, so he's out. We're standing by her." Just say it, coward.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Not surprised at all.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I live in hope.

If Lindsey almost dying doesn't do it, maybe Stevie has to experience something herself (I'm not ill-wishing her), but something needs to crack that heart of stone.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
"Mick Fleetwood doesn't think Fleetwood Mac will Reunite with Ex Members"

https://canoe.com/entertainment/musi...ith-ex-members

The title of the piece and Mick's evasive language try to lump Green, Spencer, and Buckingham together in the same category as "ex members" but reading not so subtly between the lines, it's clear he's making an argument for going forward without Buckingham:

"I don't think there will be a point where the band's former members all end up back in a good place together."

Quit the doublespeak, Mick. What you really mean is "I don't think Stevie will ever consent to working with Lindsey again on stage, so he's out. We're standing by her." Just say it, coward.
Also not surprised. They're siding with Stevie, of course. The reasons may vary, but I have the feeling Mick is also enjoying this, aside from standing by Stevie.

I think nothing will make her change her mind about Lindsey. Sadly, she finally showed her true colors.

On BBC 2 Mick at least acknowledged Lindsey's huge contribution to the band's legacy.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Also not surprised. They're siding with Stevie, of course. The reasons may vary, but I have the feeling Mick is also enjoying this, aside from standing by Stevie.

I think nothing will make her change her mind about Lindsey. Sadly, she finally showed her true colors.

On BBC 2 Mick at least acknowledged Lindsey's huge contribution to the band's legacy.
He lives for the drama. His statement was so vague I actually had to reread it a few times because it made no sense. However the innuendo was definitely clear. 2 out of 5 stars makes you sit up and take notice though. Time to pack it in...hard to believe this is likely their farewell tour. So very sad.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank goodness! I NEVER ever ever want LB to breathe the same air as that gagworthy solipsistic bunch of has-beens.

This is GREAT news to me therefore. Let 'em rot elsewhere, far away from LB

Old 06-18-2019, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Thank goodness! I NEVER ever ever want LB to breathe the same air as that gagworthy solipsistic bunch of has-beens.

This is GREAT news to me therefore. Let 'em rot elsewhere, far away from LB
It would have been more satisfactory (for us and for him) if he had made the decision of leaving instead of being forced to leave by this bunch of a$$holes.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 06-18-2019, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
He lives for the drama. His statement was so vague I actually had to reread it a few times because it made no sense. However the innuendo was definitely clear. 2 out of 5 stars makes you sit up and take notice though. Time to pack it in...hard to believe this is likely their farewell tour. So very sad.
As much as they’re trying to diminish the Lindsey’s situation, 2 out of 5 stars and from the London Times is not something to take lightly. And they know it’s because of Lindsey.

They’re determined to ignore Lindsey, so this is most likely their farewell tour
Old 06-18-2019, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As much as they’re trying to diminish the Lindsey’s situation, 2 out of 5 stars and from the London Times is not something to take lightly. And they know it’s because of Lindsey.

They’re determined to ignore Lindsey, so this is most likely their farewell tour
Farewell to a band nobody ever heard from or owns a record by. Pathetic end to the legacy.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Farewell to a band nobody ever heard from or owns a record by. Pathetic end to the legacy.
Very well said. So many of us agree with that....truly pathetic and really very sad.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This article makes me so sad. I imagine Lindsey's reaction upon reading it. Feelings of hopelessness. I never imagined this before but I can picture him falling into uncontrollable tears. I want to reach out and give my precious Lindsey a cyber hug. I can't even imagine how crappy this makes him feel. I was so hoping Stevie would soften her anger over time and be calculating a new way to bring Lindsey back to the band.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick is absolutely certain he's honoring Lindsey? In which way? Ignoring his calls and choosing Stevie's side of the story over his? He didn't even let the man defend himself from whatever Stevie decided he did wrong in her twisted world.

On the BBC 2 Radio interview he said Danny was at the first Wembley concert. So, they honor every former band member for their contribution but they chose to ignore Lindsey?
Old 06-18-2019, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This article makes me so sad. I imagine Lindsey's reaction upon reading it. Feelings of hopelessness. I never imagined this before but I can picture him falling into uncontrollable tears. I want to reach out and give my precious Lindsey a cyber hug. I can't even imagine how crappy this makes him feel. I was so hoping Stevie would soften her anger over time and be calculating a new way to bring Lindsey back to the band.
I'm actually hoping he's not reading any of this. It won't make him any good.

And I'm more surprised at Christine's coldness. I said many times I'm not giving a pass to any of them. It's easy to blame Mick and/or Stevie but the truth is they all remained quiet (even Campbell and Finn) and let things happen.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm actually hoping he's not reading any of this. It won't make him any good.

And I'm more surprised at Christine's coldness. I said many times I'm not giving a pass to any of them. It's easy to blame Mick and/or Stevie but the truth is they all remained quiet (even Campbell and Finn) and let things happen.
I actually feel kind of sorry for Christine ..she seems like a decrepit old crone who can no longer sing or play. Mick has always been a money grubbing whore who even if he is sober is a dry drunk.Stevie to give the devil her due can still hold her own live. She should have just disbanded Fleetwood Mac (which she now runs) instead of letting it come to this pathetic end.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I actually feel kind of sorry for Christine ..she seems like a decrepit old crone who can no longer sing or play. Mick has always been a money grubbing whore who even if he is sober is a dry drunk.Stevie to give the devil her due can still hold her own live. She should have just disbanded Fleetwood Mac (which she now runs) instead of letting it come to this pathetic end.
It’s all about the cash - no way she brings in solo what she can with the Fleetwood Mac moniker. But, I completely agree, Stevie can totally hold her own live still whereas it’s been very hard to cover for Christine’s lack of ability for five years now.