User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i would have loved Say You Love Me instead of You Make Loving Fun.

not surprised about no Songbird considering Game of Pretend.

totally impressed with Chris not doing Don't Stop.

would be totally impressed with Linds not doing Big Love but he ruined that by doing Trouble and NGBA. would rather hear BL than those 2 any day!

#setlist #lindseybuckingham #christinemcvie #fleetwoodmac #atlanta

A post shared by Will Gara (@williamrgara) on

So you hold it against him that he played his one solo hit?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

It was a great show. Despite the rain! However, it wasn't as bad as the weather report predicted.
I was totally caught off guard with Trouble opening the show. Wow! It was almost like they intentionaly had more LB songs to start off so Chris could get used to the 'smaller machine' and band. They both looked relaxed and happy.
During Little Lies, SN's lines were not replaced by other vocals - almost like the space not filled... Maybe cheeky, maybe not? lol
Hold Me was a bit of a mess. The vocal harmonies were all over the place. The ending definitely closed the song on a better note (yes, pun). Isn't It Midnight would have been great.
After seeing LB on every FM tour and solo since 1980, I could do without ISA. Carnival Begin would have been a great song to do instead since it has that same vibe....
They definitely won the audience. However, I feel like they could have taken this project to another level....
Overall, great show. You should go try and see it.

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 06-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
So you hold it against him that he played his one solo hit?
yes.

he was not gonna do it on his last solo tour and had Rodeo on setlist instead. he chickened out after the setlists were printed and they scratched Rodeo and hand wrote Trouble on the setlist the first few shows.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-21-2017, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
I feel like they could have taken this project to another level....
i'm still waiting for rare / never played LB Tusk songs - while i gave up on Walk A Thin Line, i would have been ecstatic to hear The Ledge, What Makes You Think You're The One or Save Me A Place.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-21-2017, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm also really surprised that Carnival Begin and OWTS are not being performed. Carnival would be GORGEOUS and OWTS would also be really fun. Maybe they tried these two and they just didn't work out. A real shame. They are wonderful songs.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
i'm still waiting for rare / never played LB Tusk songs - while i gave up on Walk A Thin Line, i would have been ecstatic to hear The Ledge, What Makes You Think You're The One or Save Me A Place.
I am soooo with you on this! I would have freaked if Save Me A Place was played! Maybe on the mext solo tour?!? One can hope.

And not to offend the Chris fans here.... However, live- her vocals are off. Brett and Neil do so much of the harmonies - they are almost the 'shadow FM' on live shows.

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 06-21-2017, 11:52 PM
MakerofBirds
This message has been deleted by MakerofBirds.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes.

he was not gonna do it on his last solo tour and had Rodeo on setlist instead. he chickened out after the setlists were printed and they scratched Rodeo and hand wrote Trouble on the setlist the first few shows.
That's silly. He's only got one. He should play it. Regardless of what I'd like to hear. Its not even one I have any particular fondness for.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got home.

WOW, what an amazing show. I'm pretty tired so I'll just put some thoughts as bulletpoints:

- All the new songs sound great live. My favorite was Too Far Gone. Least favorite was Game of Pretend which ended the show (Christine said "it's not Songbird but it's a slow one, you'll like it). I don't really care for this one live. The arrangement is a little different than the album version.

- Christine sounded very good and Lindsey sounded the BEST I've heard him in years. It's like he got a vocal makeover somehow. I was shocked.

- Setlist was a good mix of 8 new songs and FM classics but I wish they would have done more deep cuts. Wish You Were Here was the shock song of the night for me, never thought I'd hear that one.

- Lots of sweet LnC interaction. Lindsey mentioned more than once how thankful they were for people coming to see them. They seemed to be having a ton of fun and it's obvious that they're proud of this project.

- There are backing tracks and pre-recorded vocals (especially on new songs) but in this setting it didn't really bother me.

- I was overall pleased with the setlist but the order of the songs is a little awkward. I don't think Trouble should be an opener nor should Game of Pretend be a closer.

- Lindsey did take a couple of moments to make his signature speeches. During one he called Christine "this beautiful woman" who came back to Fleetwood Mac. The words "organic" and "karmic circular" or whatever it is he loves to say also made an appearance

I highly recommend everyone on this board to attend one of these shows if you can, it's absolutely worth it. I came away feeling so very proud of them. I took clips of some of the songs including Wish You Were Here, Too Far Gone, Game of Pretend and some others that I'd be happy to link here if anyone wants to see them.

Last edited by Frankenstein; 06-22-2017 at 12:29 AM..
Old 06-22-2017, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is by far the worst set list I've ever seen! I'm so glad they don't take bets on set lists because I would've lost a ton of money assuming that if 8 songs were actually done and they were that carnival Begin had to be one of them!
Their choices for deep cuts are even worse. With Christine They literally could've picked any song off of the 5 pre 75 albums or really any song from any album other then mirage and I would've been happy. And Christine even recently said mystery to me is one of her 3 favorite Mac albums, while she's never cared for Mirage there should never in any circumstances be more Mirage songs then Tusk songs in a any set list ever! And yes I will acknowledge its cool to get a never before played deep cut, but it's honestly the equivalent to next year trying to be excited Stevie is doing The Second Time. And actually I already felt that last year when Stevie bravely played a buckingham nicks song but it had to be the only one of the three choices I never cared for.
And Lindsey bringing Shut Us Down to the table again? What a waste. Die hards have all seen it and it's not a great live song for casual fans to need to hear.
Remember when Stevie axed Gold Dust Woman but kept Dreams in the set for the 24KG tour? Me Neither. That's basically what I'm seeing here from Lindsey on the insane idea to choose NGBA over Big Love in the acoustic set.

There's literally not one song they are doing to entice me to go to a show. And I was waiting for tonight to decide if I was gonna make a trip somewhere. So glad I didn't buy tickets first. Even simply playing Oh Daddy wouldve maybe enticed me to buy a plane ticket. I'm actually kind of thrilled this set is so bad. It saves me a lot of money.

Again I think this is a really brave set and applaud some of their choices. While I'm one of the few to have always hated Hold Me and wanted to finally hear Oh Daddy I'm glad they're finally doing the one song so many have been waiting to return. Kind of like when Sara or Sisters came back. And 8 new songs is amazing and I guess the most important aspect of this show which they delivered. Game of pretend over songbird but again that's to steal from Lindsey "kind of bittersweet" that carnival begin isn't one of them.

I would like to state and it definitely matters that I'm being 100 percent objective here. I'm Not bwboy (no offense) or someone that would ever go out of their way to criticize these 2 or have some need to defend Stevie.
I am someone who has to call it like I see it and can't not point out that this is one area, Stevie is superior to her fellow rumors era songwriters in this century. Her best songwriting years are behind her, while Christine just wrote a few career best songs, but Stevie throws together a better setlist. And it goes to show even when the set seemed most redundant from 2005 to 2008, it could've been worse. She could've been playing everyday and too far from texas endlessly instead of Fall From Grace and sorcerer

He Will Burn You Down
Old 06-22-2017, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Ledge would be great--quick and dirty. Chris could say "sh!t that's fast" right at the start.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Holy smokes---I'm thinking of That's Enough For Me. This is what I get for working a night shift
Thanks to everyone for the reviews so far. Never expected Wish You Were Here.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Absolutely crazy that he's doing Trouble AND Shut us Down. Insane.

Can't believe they didn't do On With the Show.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I'll be incredibly disappointed with this inclusion, especially if Why or something pre 75 doesn't also pop up.
We cant have it all. Wish you were here is a Mirage classic I never dreamed I would ever hear live. C'mon how can anyone be disappointed in such a deep cut performed?
Old 06-22-2017, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks to everyone posting their reviews and live updates. Very unpredictable which is good. No Christine solo. It just shows she ALWAYS puts the band before herself. Love the setlist. You cant get everything you want. We hear NGBA and So Afraid EVERY Mac concert so I could have done without those 2.
I love the fact Christine digs deep into her classic masterpieces. When I was a kid, I would listen to Wish You Were Here and cry. The song had that impact on me. I could be wrong but I bet we see different songs at every concert. They have so much material and have shown to be spontaneous.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

WYWH is gorgeous. I've always loved this song. Excellent singing and the guitar stuff at the end is to die for.