User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
The question comes at about the 3:50 mark.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUjKcdbnSuk&t=212s
Thank u. I had no idea there was more than one video of her taken on that red carpet.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Replay starting now on Volume channel 106
Old 06-17-2017, 06:51 PM
Ledgie

Just listened... For all you guys and gals who are audio/recording junkies, it's a must listen!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
Just listened... For all you guys and gals who are audio/recording junkies, it's a must listen!
Is there a way to listen to this without a Sirius account?
Old 06-20-2017, 01:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

This is my first ever post on The Ledge! I've been scoping the place out since the new album came out because I love it so much. Christine is my favorite Fleetwood Mac member (Lindsey is a close second), and, becoming an FM fan around the time of Say You Will, I never thought I'd be fortunate enough to see her live--never mind get more music from her! I'm beyond thrilled.

Anyway, I happened to catch another Lindsey and Chris interview on Sirius XM Volume yesterday afternoon. They were on a show called "True Stories." Not much new info, except they said one completed Christine song got cut from the album. Lindsey insisted she was the one who cut it, but she said, "I have high hopes for that song." And he said, "maybe on the next album." Anyway, I thought it was interesting that they confirmed they have at least one new song. She seems to SO want another Fleetwood Mac album, and he seems so over the idea. But I hope they work together again--with or without Stevie--as I'm sure an additional project would be even more collaborative!

He also said if the Buckingham McVie album does well they might add another leg of the tour, and she said she would be fine with that. BUT he's still releasing a solo album in January (She was like, "you're gonna be busy!"). I wonder if it'll be mostly a collection, or if he's already got a bunch of stuff recorded. I'm hoping for more of his left of center jams!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Welcome!!!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
This is my first ever post on The Ledge! I've been scoping the place out since the new album came out because I love it so much. Christine is my favorite Fleetwood Mac member (Lindsey is a close second), and, becoming an FM fan around the time of Say You Will, I never thought I'd be fortunate enough to see her live--never mind get more music from her! I'm beyond thrilled.

Anyway, I happened to catch another Lindsey and Chris interview on Sirius XM Volume yesterday afternoon. They were on a show called "True Stories." Not much new info, except they said one completed Christine song got cut from the album. Lindsey insisted she was the one who cut it, but she said, "I have high hopes for that song." And he said, "maybe on the next album." Anyway, I thought it was interesting that they confirmed they have at least one new song. She seems to SO want another Fleetwood Mac album, and he seems so over the idea. But I hope they work together again--with or without Stevie--as I'm sure an additional project would be even more collaborative!

He also said if the Buckingham McVie album does well they might add another leg of the tour, and she said she would be fine with that. BUT he's still releasing a solo album in January (She was like, "you're gonna be busy!"). I wonder if it'll be mostly a collection, or if he's already got a bunch of stuff recorded. I'm hoping for more of his left of center jams!
Welcome, pennylane! Love your #1 and #2!

Great news you're sharing! They're already talking about a new album!

Glad to know it was Christine's decision to leave that song out.

Lindsey doesn't want to talk about another FM album. I think it's all in Christine's hands now to convince her friend Stevie.

Yeah, they probably won't add another leg of their tour because of Lindsey's solo stuff.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for this! I have Sirius xm but never heard this "True Stories" show. Now I'll be listening for it. Maybe the second leg will be outside of the US? They might as well add dates--Stevie added a show in Wisconsin yesterday. I'm so excited about their album.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:17 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Lindsey doesn't want to talk about another FM album. I think it's all in Christine's hands now to convince her friend Stevie.

At this point, she might have to convince Stevie AND Lindsey to make another album. I get the impression that Lindsey had so much fun on this album--and probably felt a bit more artistically free--that he might not even want to deal with "Fleetwood Mac" again. He might be hoping for Buckingham McVie to do well so he can keep rolling with that for his "medium machine" fix . But then, he does seem to be in a philosophical place so maybe he'd want to complete the "cycle" with one last FM album.

Chris seems nervous about playing without John and Mick. If it weren't for that, she might be over another Fleetwood Mac album, too.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Always is.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree about Chris being nervous without John and Mick. She's so talented, it seems she'd be able to play with anyone but she also had a long period of inactivity so who knows. I hope she really plays and cuts loose live.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want to hear the extra Christine song!
Old 06-21-2017, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2017...ie-on.html?m=1
I found 3 short segments from the Town Hall interview here for anyone without siriusxm
Old 06-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
Chris seems nervous about playing without John and Mick. If it weren't for that, she might be over another Fleetwood Mac album, too.
Who's in the backing band?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A bass player from OOTC days(can't think of his name), Brett Tuggle, Jimmy Paxson
Old 06-21-2017, 11:59 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
A bass player from OOTC days(can't think of his name), Brett Tuggle, Jimmy Paxson
Nice! According to Jimmy Paxson's FB feed, it looks like they set up on stage in Atlanta yesterday.