Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I agree with viv, the album was a huge success in the eyes of her toughest critics: her longtime diehard fans and mama herself......
Old 01-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This little mix tape sort of thing has just been released with 2011 Mash-ups

One of them is Dreams and 'Till The World Ends by Britney Spears (aptly titled, Till The Dream Ends).

I actually rather like it. It's basically the vocals of Dreams over the backing track of Till The World Ends.

http://djlobsterdust.com/index.php/m...s-2011-mashed/
Old 01-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ABC Dig Music

5 Songs: Stevie Nicks Updated Jan 4, 2012
Legendary songstress Stevie drops into our studio to deliver five of her favourites...

Stevie's 5:
Rock and Roll Woman - Buffalo Springfield
Don't Come Around Here No More - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Purple Rain - Prince
Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush
Speed of Sound - Coldplay

Hear 5 Songs on ABC Dig Music:
Saturday @ 3pm
Sunday @ 11am
Monday @ 7pm
Tuesday @ 1pm
Wednesday @ 4pm
Thursday @ 9pm
Friday @ 3am

Feature Type: Interview

http://abcdigmusic.net.au/features/5-songs-stevie-nicks
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an interview with Mary J. Blige
http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.co...movie-careers/

“I have many musical influences; you could start with Aretha Franklin, Anita Baker, Sam Cooke, Teena Marie, Chaka Khan it just keeps going–Mavis Staples and Stevie Nicks even and Pat Benatar we grew up listening to we were kids running home from school to watch “Love is a Battlefield” video so we never forgot those people who inspired us.”
Old 01-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Biographer Stephen Davis talking about his book on Carly Simon:
http://www.sentinel-standard.com/ent...of-Carly-Simon

“After the Guns N’ Roses book, my publisher said, ‘What do you want to do next?’ I wanted to do a book about Stevie Nicks. But they said, ‘No, we’ll do her later, how about Carly Simon?’ So I wrote to Carly and said I’m doing this book, it’s gonna be sympathetic, and I already got an advance.”
Old 01-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an obituary for Bob Seelie, Lakewood City Council President.

http://lakewoodobserver.com/read/201...ber-bob-seelie

I recall knowing Bob before we both entered the political arena and can recall getting a backstage pass to the Aug. 26th, 1978 World Series of Rock at old Cleveland Stadium. It was a hot, steamy evening as 100,000 rock fans absorbed the sounds of Eddie Money, Todd Rundgren and Utopia, the Cars and Bob Welch. I made my way underneath the centerfield bleachers in anticipation of the arrival of the featured act, Fleetwood Mac. As the stadium personnel pulled the chains of the clankity metal doorways, the black limousines crept slowly onto the secure bleacher concourse. One by one the limos stopped to unload their precious cargo. A scattering of curious onlookers watched as the limousine drivers, dressed in black tuxedos, each hopped out to unload the band members. To my surprise, who hops out to open the door for Stevie Nicks…it’s Bob Seelie!! He looked at me with the big Seelie grin as he opened the limo’s rear door and heavenly Stevie Nicks emerged in a flowing white gown.

Later I asked, “Damn, Seelie, how did you pull this off?”

“Hey, a guy’s gotta make a living,” he said with a grin.

Bob Seelie was in the right place that night.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Biographer Stephen Davis talking about his book on Carly Simon:
http://www.sentinel-standard.com/ent...of-Carly-Simon

“After the Guns N’ Roses book, my publisher said, ‘What do you want to do next?’ I wanted to do a book about Stevie Nicks. But they said, ‘No, we’ll do her later, how about Carly Simon?’ So I wrote to Carly and said I’m doing this book, it’s gonna be sympathetic, and I already got an advance.”
I have heard of but never read Hammer of the Gods.... but I will make it a point to read his write up on Carly Simon and see if he seems like a good candidate for a Stevie book. I just suspect that Stevie would make it known to her friends and colleagues if she doesn't want them to talk to this guy and shut it down.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I have heard of but never read Hammer of the Gods.... but I will make it a point to read his write up on Carly Simon and see if he seems like a good candidate for a Stevie book. I just suspect that Stevie would make it known to her friends and colleagues if she doesn't want them to talk to this guy and shut it down.
Didn't he already do a book about FM a long time ago?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Didn't he already do a book about FM a long time ago?
Yeah, he "co-"wrote Mick Fleetwood's autobiography.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an interview with Chantel McGregor

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/people/...-in-love-with/

CM: Me, a sex symbol? I’m not sure anyone sees me as that. To me, my image is important, I want to look good. I like dressing up, looking girlie and going shopping, I’m a typical girlie girl. I love the whole long floaty dress look. Stevie Nicks is a big influence on my image – she had some gorgeous dresses.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thakoon's dog is named after Stevie:

He may have named his dog Stevie (after the Fleetwood Mac goddess) but this season, Thakoon embraced Audrey Hepburn as his muse. Except, well, not really...
(Taken from topshop.com's NYFW report)

Some pics of the adorable creature: http://industrie.nowmanifest.com/201...-thakoons-dog/

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 02-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love a Fleetwood Mac coloring book!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

During my time stationed at Walter Reed working as a nurse with wounded soldiers, many visitors passed through the doorways of Ward 57. One visitor, in particular that impressed me, was Stevie Nicks.

Stevie Nicks visits were lengthy and never felt rushed. She genuinely took the time out of her day to spend it with our nations wounded soldiers. During her visits she would distribute iPods filled with music she personally helped to pick out for our troops along with other items to help entertain and increase the moral of the patients during their lengthy recovery and rehabilitation time.

Recently Stevie Nicks released the song titled “Soldiers Angel” on her latest album “In Your Dreams.” Stevie Nicks states it started when one Sunday, in 2005, she spent eight hours in the Bethesda Naval hospital with wounded soldiers when medical crews suddenly began rushing in a group of seriously wounded troops.

“There were 20 beds down on side and doctors and nurses everywhere, and tanks and family members,” she recalled. “I realized that I had walked in a hospital a rock n’roll star with not a care in the world, and I was driving away from this hospital a soldier’s mother.”

“I went back to my motel and wrote the poem…. it took me four years to put it to music,” she said. “I’ve now given that poem out to hundreds and hundreds of soldiers and their families, their sisters, brothers, moms, dads, grandmothers, nieces, godchildren, everybody. I always told them one day it would be a song.”

We would like to take a moment to recognize Stevie Nicks and her continuous dedication to our wounded soldiers.

Thank you Stevie Nicks.

SSG (RET) Scott Cameron
Co-Founder, Operation Ward 57
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special thank you goes out to AP Press for quotes from an interview with Stevie Nicks discussing her experiences and album release.

http://www.operationward57.org/2012/02/3421/
Old 02-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Everyone in the band writes, sings, and plays each other's instruments, which goes a long way toward explaining the rich summery harmonies and the musical diversity you can hear on last April's Via Flamina EP. The four-song digital release features a trippy take on Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" alongside a cover of Stevie Nicks' "Wild Heart." In the case of the latter, they were attracted to the song after seeing video of Nicks singing it a cappella while getting made-up for a Rolling Stone photo shoot.

"It's before she snorted her nose off and it's just really great. We covered that impromptu version of the song," says King, who admits the song's chilling harmonies can be hard to pull off live. "From night to night, you never know what's going to come out."

http://www.csindy.com/colorado/prepa...nt?oid=2434450
Old 02-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks - Stevie Nicks apparently never watched a reality show she didn't like--she's performed on "America's Got Talent," "American Idol," and "The Voice"--so clearly she ought to add "The X Factor" to her résumé, just to be fair. Besides, Stevie is a rock goddess, and the tawdry tales she could tell of her rock 'n' roll past would make even Steven Tyler blanch. Plus, wouldn't everyone tune in just to see what witchy cape/shawl/doily ensemble Stevie would wear from week to week?

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality...010359653.html