User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
It works by trying to be nice to people even if they disagree with you.
But you're wearing us out, Mick.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But you're wearing us out, Mick.
Apparently you're wearing out a lot of folks as well.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Apparently you're wearing out a lot of folks as well.
Thanks, Mick.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mouse, darling. Grieving processes cannot be denied. As I have this notion that you may be an adult, I am certain you have a base knowledge at least of the steps of grieving.

I wish you to never be in a situation in your life where you feel a loss sharply and the people around you are in your face all the time, insisting you:

"MOVE ON! Quit feeling your natural feelings! Some of us here, the GOOD ones obviously, not the wimps and whiners like you, don't like it! So! Hurry up and move on!!"

Although there is such a thing as Karma, of course.

Lay off, mouse. You are starting to come across as an insufferable being. Surely that is not your goal.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Mouse, darling. Grieving processes cannot be denied. As I have this notion that you may be an adult, I am certain you have a base knowledge at least of the steps of grieving.

I wish you to never be in a situation in your life where you feel a loss sharply and the people around you are in your face all the time, insisting you:

"MOVE ON! Quit feeling your natural feelings! Some of us here, the GOOD ones obviously, not the wimps and whiners like you, don't like it! So! Hurry up and move on!!"

Lay off, mouse. You are starting to come across as an insufferable being. Surely that is not your goal.
it's slowly turning out that Mick has always been a bad person, starting from the way he treated Peter and Danny on. so the way he's treating Lindsey now is nothing new. and now he's joined here to try to beat up people not agreeing with his lowliness and negative actions as "full of negativity" while everyone who wants to forget that Lindsey Buckingham ever existed is labeled as "positive". #upsidedownworld

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-16-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

While it's not the same thing, the attitude reminds me of those people who think you shouldn't express grief when your pet dies because he's "just an animal." "Why are you crying? It's not like a PERSON died."

Let people feel how they feel.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
What a lovely description, thanks​ so much Maybe you need to think about the tone of your own posts.

If you tell someone not to post in a forum, don't expect them not to reply to you

Try some mudita instead of your Schadenfreude.

Believe it or not (and you don't seem to) I was genuinely wishing EVERYONE in here a good weekend.

I'm off to the circus soon, have a good day.
The thing is, I don't care. At all.
But please go and look up "Schadenfreude" since you have obviously no idea what that word stands for.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
MoonSister - at this point these negative Lindsey Ledgers won't be happy no matter how great the new lineup sounds in concert or in studio material. Rather than talking sense, they feel like it's only natural to inflict their private universe of pain on us all. To them, the new lineup feels like nails in their feet looking in the Saturday sun. This lineup could put out a Rumours quality album and they'd still complain that there are four seasons in one day. Anger, unfortunately, is playing a big part in how they feel and act. Oh well as they say. I really respect that you're maintaining a love this life attitude and trying to whistle all this great music no matter what era we're in. I won't dream it's over. Things will never be the same as history never repeats, but I'm looking forward to seeing this band come back to life this October. I am trying to embrace the Finn-Campbell era and trying to enjoy every bite of chocolate cake as we approach the last day of June.
Thanks for the reply It's a particularly difficult time in this forum right now, with fans who are angry and/or upset, and other fans intrigued by the new line-up. Not an easy space to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
The thing is, I don't care. At all.
But please go and look up "Schadenfreude" since you have obviously no idea what that word stands for.
I know exactly what it means and mudita is it's opposite - joy from the happiness of others, rather than gaining pleasure from the suffering of others.

I'm sure it was a post of yours recently (I could be wrong) which suggested we all needed to be more direct in how we communicate with each other, and not hold back, or not be passive-aggressive, or something to that effect. I'm just trying to follow your advice
Old 06-16-2018, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I know exactly what it means and mudita is it's opposite - joy from the happiness of others, rather than gaining pleasure from the suffering of others.

I'm sure it was a post of yours recently (I could be wrong) which suggested we all needed to be more direct in how we communicate with each other, and not hold back, or not be passive-aggressive, or something to that effect. I'm just trying to follow your advice
And yet you prove my point. People here suffer, and some chiffonhead trolls around trying to preach fake happiness. That is Schadenfreude and not the opposite.

So, since you ask for it, I'll be direct. Stop being such a pest or try it elsewhere.

That said, thank you for reading, I wish you a happy sunday, full of sunshine and love.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
And yet you prove my point. People here suffer, and some chiffonhead trolls around trying to preach fake happiness. That is Schadenfreude and not the opposite.

So, since you ask for it, I'll be direct. Stop being such a pest or try it elsewhere.

That said, thank you for reading, I wish you a happy sunday, full of sunshine and love.

I'm not sure why you are determined to be so nasty towards me, just for having a different point of view to you. But it's fine, whatever.

There isn't much I can do about that, and you clearly have got the wrong end of the stick with regards to my posts. I'm not even sure what you are going on about with the fake happiness. I was just pointing out that there are a different range of emotions on here concerning the changes in the band. And it's important that we all feel free to post our different feelings.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^We are probably boring everyone senseless with this exchange AncientQueen
Maybe we can leave it here, or just agree to disagree

And no I'm not being sarcastic or a troll, just trying to keep some kind of sense of humour.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All the "get over it, just stop talking about it" etc posts are so silly. This website and this particular forum has been people raving about the Rumors lineup, talking about them, etc for YEARS. Years of devotion and discussion on that particular, much beloved lineup. People have every right to be bitter and angry about the fact that that lineup not only is now dead, but was basically shot in the face by the members themselves.

There are SO many places where people are excited and raving about the 'new band'. If you want to get away from all the "negativity" here you can very easily go to those places to join their discussion. It is not that hard. This is VERY far from the only place on the internet where people talk about FM. Responding to supposed "negativity" with even more negativity and thus only pouring fuel onto the fire is a pretty silly thing to do and it shows that you probably don't mind the negativity all that much since you're thus helping contribute to it. If you don't like something you can very easily just ignore it and join in on discussions that you would like, of which there are many.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a rant.
Well, I'm a ledgy for life. I'm here since 2003 and I am as negative as I want here, because this is my Fleetwood Mac living room. Where else can I be myself if not here? I also shared my exitement about FM, the tours, the music, the personalities, everything - with everyone here.

I thought age, illness or the death of one member would be the end of the band, but now it turns out, it is simply greed. Not that I wish any member of the band something bad in their personal life, but this is just so godawful lame, it makes me question my involvement with this band. This greedy MFs do not deserve my loyalty, did they ever? So I'm ending the long and certainly interesting roller-coaster-ride of being a FM fan and I'll do that here, too.

I have never been a fan of Lindsey, his music is not for me, neither is his personality, but I came to respect him a great deal, he gave alot for this band and has been the sole power who made the band happen for decades. The point that makes me so angry is the absolute lack of respect, the denial of Lindseys importance, his hard work, creativity, talent and energy, the attempt to extinguish his archivements. I can't deal with backstabbers, liars, opportunists or people who just stand by and let them do their **** (yes, Christine, what about some solidarity?). My expectations regarding the characters of the current bandmembers have been brutally undercut, and since Neil and Mike joined this rotting corpse of integrity, they can't be better. So - what is left of the band? Not even ruins, just debris. That's all.

And I'm complaining about it right here, in my FM living room.
Rant over.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 06-16-2018 at 04:13 PM..
Old 06-16-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I feel for your grief and wish that you all have the time and space to heal properly. Part of the grieving process will undoubtedly be to begin to see the role that Lindsey played in this process. I'm sure that Stevie and Mick have some faults, but it's extremely unlikely that the firing had nothing to do with Lindsey's actions. A loss like this is almost always a two way street with fault on both sides. I also hope that you all stop using your grief as justification for attacking the other members of the band and members of this forum who simply want to enjoy the music (both old and new) without the venomous language so rampant on this site.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know my vote for most unliked new ledge member. ugh