User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
As I make my way through the illnesses of life, I can now say I have experienced Shingles. I'm three days in and don't have any type of rash, but oh my the pain is intense.
I'm gonna say a get well prayer for you tonight before I go to sleep. Hopefully that will be all the medicine you'll need and then to wake up healthy and strong again.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As I make my way through the illnesses of life, I can now say I have experienced Shingles. I'm three days in and don't have any type of rash, but oh my the pain is intense.
Ugh, you didn't mention this the other day! Get better Jannie ouch.

If it makes you feel better, I got into this Seattle weather and instantly got a cold; I've woken up feeling like a truck's hit me three days in a row, but I'm always fine by the afternoon. I hope that I don't have to deal with this for four years..... It's not even that cold yet!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

WARNING - WARNING - WARNING

I'm bored out of my mind!

Someone post some good stuff.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Registered

Quote:
Feel better, dear moderator. May I suggest getting someone to drive you to go get a second opinion? Shingles normally happen to the elderly, usually to those well beyond 70. My suggestion is to rush to a dermatologist. Crazy allergies this fall, which is unusual. Is it possible it is not shingles? Do you live in a very wooded area? Believe me, I mean not to make this worse for you by prying. I just think it can be a poison shumack (sp?) or something more likely for a person considerably younger than 40, which I take you as.
Even shingles when 50-ish is very uncommon.
Fibromyalgia, when it's most awful, can imitate shingles. Especially, if the pain is in all four quadrants of your body, do not discount fibromyalgia. There are 8 pressure points they give you a test at that quickly reveal if that's causing your suffering. My Mom's physical therapist, who is 43, has it. A rheumatoid arthritis doctor would be who to see for the fibromyalgia. The therapist I was speaking of had no idea she even had arthritis, let alone fibromyalgia.
If it is shingles, definitely, huge doses of Vitamin C may help relieve some of your discomfort, it helped my aunt.
Best wishes for comfort and pain-free days to you, soon!!! Get an outrageous amount of bedrest, guilt free. You need to. xo

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-23-2010 at 10:56 AM..
Old 09-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
get better soon jannie~ i remember my mother in law having shingles & how painful it was~
Old 09-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Feel better, dear moderator. May I suggest getting someone to drive you to go get a second opinion? Shingles normally happen to the elderly, usually to those well beyond 70. My suggestion is to rush to a dermatologist. Crazy allergies this fall, which is unusual. Is it possible it is not shingles? Do you live in a very wooded area? Believe me, I mean not to make this worse for you by prying. I just think it can be a poison shumack (sp?) or something more likely for a person considerably younger than 40, which I take you as.
Even shingles when 50-ish is very uncommon.
Fibromyalgia, when it's most awful, can imitate shingles. Especially, if the pain is in all four quandrants of your body, do not discount fibromyalgia. There are 8 pressure points they give you a test at that quickly reveal if that's causing your suffering. My Mom's physical therapist, who is 43, has it. A rheumatoid arthritis doctor would be who to see for the fibromyalgia. The therapist I was speaking of had no idea she even had arthritis, let alone fibromyalgia.
If it is shingles, definitely, huge doses of Vitamin C may help relieve some of your discomfort, it helped my aunt.
Best wishes for comfort and pain-free days to you, soon!!! Get an outrageous amount of bedrest, guilt free. You need to. xo
I don't have any type of rash- nothing at all to be seen on the skin. The diagnosis was given tentatively, based on the ("textbook") symptoms I am experiencing.

Considerably younger than 40? Bless your heart- I'm 42. I am staying in bed again today. Praying for NO rash.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Registered

^^^^^

Oh dear, feel better soon, Jannie! My uncle got shingles (and probably every other nasty known to man, the poor guy) when he was on chemo and it was awful. Hopefully no rash will surface and you'll kick it in no time!

I am still battling the Annual Back to School Ebola, which has now settled into my chest. Hooray! Shortness of breath and no way to fix it! Just what I needed.

On a different note, my doggie appears to be suffering from dry skin - anyone got any good home remedies for an itchy dog?

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post

On a different note, my doggie appears to be suffering from dry skin - anyone got any good home remedies for an itchy dog?
Probably will sound barmy but when my Cat had an itchy rash (serves him right for pulling his fur out) I bathed it in milk and it soothed the itching.

Edit: The bald patch. Not the full Cat lol.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Witch hazel on a cotton pad and dab on the area(s) as needed. Works on my puppy Quincy's hot spots. Very cooling and soothing.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchen View Post
Witch hazel
seems like that would be drying, no? I would think some sort of creammy skin softener for dogs is in order. whenever I give kiki a bath I put biosilk on her and, with her short hair, it gets right on the skin. yes, the same thing I use on my hair!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
seems like that would be drying, no? I would think some sort of creammy skin softener for dogs is in order. whenever I give kiki a bath I put biosilk on her and, with her short hair, it gets right on the skin. yes, the same thing I use on my hair!
Surprisingly, it isn't drying at all. For doggie bath we use Sergeant's Fur So Fresh dog shampoo for dry, itchy, flaky skin. It is wonderful because it has green tea and tea tree oil. It leaves my pups lustrous with calm skin (between baths the witch hazel soothes spots on contact).
OMG Biosilk smells heavenly!

Last edited by gretchen; 09-23-2010 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 09-24-2010, 01:39 AM
Registered

Thanks for the itchy dog advice, y'all. I will give your suggestions a go and see what happens. I feel bad for my poor puppy.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I loathe Rick Sanchez (CNN).
Old 09-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Laundry takes a really, really long time in college. 88 minutes to dry an average load? Srsly?!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Note to self : Reading through some of the older threads on the ledge is very depressing. Especially the ones that bemoan the demise of Fleetwood Mac. Dude....They're gonna be around forever *pout* They have to be because I havn't met them and hung out with them yet lol.