Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post

THANK YOU!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I can see liking Fleetwood Mac and not liking Lindsey, Stevie or Christine. That's why I always laugh when someone says, "and you call yourself a fan." I always think, "No, I really don't or at least I don't call myself the same sort of fan that you obviously are."

Michele
Yeah?

Fleetwood Mac. Love that band, but I can't stand any of the members.

Wth.

As I said, I'm not talking about the pre-BN edition.

Last edited by CADreaming; 10-10-2013 at 02:57 PM..
Old 10-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yeah?

Wth.

Well, Mick and John are pretty awesome.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:05 PM
CADreaming
This message has been deleted by CADreaming.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah?

Wth.

Saying you can't stand one person, either Christine, Lindsey or Stevie is not saying that you can't stand "any of the members."

I don't see what's so odd about that. You don't like one out of the five. So what?

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Saying you can't stand one person, either Christine, Lindsey or Stevie is not saying that you can't stand "any of the members."

I don't see what's so odd about that. You don't like one out of the five. So what?

Michele
People actually just like bass & drums and not any other part of the music - lyrics, keyboards, lead guitar or harmonies?

What's the point?
Old 10-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People actually just like bass & drums and not any other part of the music - lyrics, keyboards, lead guitar or harmonies?

What's the point?
I was talking about four out of the five, not disliking all 3 singers. You can dislike either Christine, Lindsey and Stevie, but like the other 4 just fine.

And as far as your comment "what's the point" what is the point of ANY likes or dislikes? Personal preferences don't follow a rule book.

I will tell you, I was a huge Sonny and Cher fan for my entire childhood and beyond and I never really liked Cher. I have old schoolbooks and you can look in them or on any of my old records (including some FM records) and you will see I have scribbled my special "Sonny and Cher" insignia on everything. It was on everything I owned. Still, I was not a Cher fan, per se.

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

What's the point?
yes, there are some songs where I JUST like the bass line. Not FM songs, but there are some songs. You know, I am not into The Cure. That is so not my thing, but I love their Lovesong only for the bass line. It's not really that hard a concept to fathom in my mind.

I didn't buy the Time album for anyone except Christine. Christine wasn't on the tour, but I had to go see it once, just for Mick and John and NO ONE ELSE. I felt I had to, because I was a Fleetwood Mac fan. You may say a real Fleetwood Mac fan would have loved Bekka and Dave and Billy too. So be it. Maybe I wasn't a "real" Fleetwood Mac fan. But that was the kind of FM fan I was.

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was talking about four out of the five, not disliking all 3 singers. You can dislike either Christine, Lindsey and Stevie, but like the other 4 just fine.

And as far as your comment "what's the point" what is the point of ANY likes or dislikes? Personal preferences don't follow a rule book.

Michele
Well, I didn't get that you meant Christine OR Lindsey OR Stevie, I thought you meant someone could dislike all of them, but still label themselves as a FM fan.

My comment was referring to that, I wouldn't understand what the point of being only a Mick or John fan would be. But, I guess if you're a bass player or a drummer, then you may be inclined to listen to the music from that perspective and not into the song lyrics per se.

I agree that personal preferences are just that and leaning toward one member over another is perfectly understandable and normal. The problem that was being discussed here was the tearing down and bashing that goes on (and on and on) and just really drives people away.

Last edited by CADreaming; 10-10-2013 at 03:48 PM..
Old 10-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree that personal preferences are just that and leaning toward one member over another is perfectly understandable and normal. The problem that was being discussed here was the tearing down and bashing that goes on (and on and on) and just really drives people away.
Yes, a lot of people leave to go where they feel their love for their favorite is more welcome and I don't blame them.

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, a lot of people leave to go where they feel their love for their favorite is more welcome and I don't blame them.

Michele
I guess if you don't want an active board. Seems like it defeats the purpose.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess if you don't want an active board. Seems like it defeats the purpose.
Yeah, an active board would be nice, but I don't want it that badly.

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, an active board would be nice, but I don't want it that badly.

Michele
Oh, I agree - I meant people leaving because of the bashing instead of the bashing being discouraged and everyone being active and part of the discussions without tearing down any and all the members of the band.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I agree - I meant people leaving because of the bashing instead of the bashing being discouraged and everyone being active and part of the discussions without tearing down any and all the members of the band.
But everyone's view of what is bashing is different anyway. It depends on your perspective as to what's going to discourage and irritate you. I could say something about Christine that would not bother a person, but it would rattle them if I said the exact same thing about Stevie or Lindsey.

People should leave because of the bashing that annoys them, whatever kind it is. I totally get it. I wasn't on this website myself for a number of years because I didn't like it. I went over to FM Legacy. So, I completely understand driving people away and being driven away myself.

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But everyone's view of what is bashing is different anyway. It depends on your perspective as to what's going to discourage and irritate you. I could say something about Christine that would not bother a person, but it would rattle them if I said the exact same thing about Stevie or Lindsey.

People should leave because of the bashing that annoys them, whatever kind it is. I totally get it. I wasn't on this website myself for a number of years because I didn't like it. I went over to FM Legacy. So, I completely understand driving people away and being driven away myself.

Michele
Yeah, I see your point.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Yeah well, it goes both way. I see plenty of ****ting on Lindsey. And I don't see anyone following Stevie around and obsessing over her just to **** on her. If you follow Lindsey, she's there sometimes whether you like it or not. I didn't think this was the Stevie forum anyway? The only people I see obsessing over Stevie are the Stevie fans, isn't that as it should be?
Quote:
I can see liking Fleetwood Mac and not liking Lindsey, Stevie or Christine. That's why I always laugh when someone says, "and you call yourself a fan." I always think, "No, I really don't or at least I don't call myself the same sort of fan that you obviously are."

Michele
Quote:
some great points, thank you!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"