User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
It's shameful how premeditated this all was, like Stevie was just full of ammunition ready to strike on Lindsey as soon as he did the smallest thing...

So do we have any idea how he was told... A phone call from Mick or directly through his management or lawyer?
She ambushed him, yes. At Musicares. But everything was already in motion before that night.

Who? Lindsey? He was told in a meeting. No idea who was present or what was said. Many of us have been trying to find out that piece of info to no avail. But what I know is that it wasn't pretty at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I’m in agreement here, arguments in this band especially between Stevie and Lindsey are the norm.
But I think he was led into the canyon here....
I think he was hijacked big time, and he never saw it coming !!!
Stevie wanted him gone, gone out if her life, full stop.Gone.
So, when just a normal bust up happens she cries ...Me or Him
I think it was premeditated and he was totally bowled over ...
Very sad...I wonder why after all these years....
He never saw it coming. I'm still trying to understand why now. Maybe because it was their last tour (at least for Christine) and she wanted to ruin it for him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Obviously the rest of the band sided with Stevie for a good reason, i dont think any of them wanted their long running legacy to end this way.. SN and LB always had a hot and cold relationship from day dot, the forever non stop bickering is quite normal to them.. Reading between Richards comments, LB crossed the line to no return this time.. I have no doubt Stevie really pissed him off and decided to not hold back, which led to this sad debacle..

I am just going to throw this out their as I've thought this from the start, i could be wrong but here goes

After listening to Stevie's long speech at Musicares award night, she referred mostly about Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers, and a lot about herself as usual .. That didn't worry me at all, but from the bands perspective they were up their collecting an award for FM.. So what i am getting at i think her long winded speech really annoyed LB, maybe from the side of the stage Karen could sense him getting really agitated.. She blabbed to Stevie afterwards, which led to the massive argument.. Obviously Stevie still grieving from Tom's recent passing, and anything said in a negative way towards TP or her speech, was not going to be tolerated ever in her books.. It all just escalated from there..
The rest of the band didn't side with Stevie. Promoters of the tour did. 20 to 1, in fact. So the rest had no choice really.

Lindsey has been ignoring her stupid remarks, like the Bob Dylan one, for more than 20 years, and Richard also said before that this was a power play and Stevie won. You can read from that statement that she knows her value in the band and decided to use it. He's not saying she was a victim there.

Your theory could be a fan fiction. Really.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-05-2018, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And this is just speculation, wishful thinking or the truth? If it’s the last one, please share all the details. We’re all eagerly waiting...
It is just as much speculation as all the other stuff slinging around here. A band of five people oust one member. He must have done SOMETHING to lead to that. Something that motivated the other four to kick him out despite his years of contributions, key to their successes, etc. Something.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
It is just as much speculation as all the other stuff slinging around here. A band of five people oust one member. He must have done SOMETHING to lead to that. Something that motivated the other four to kick him out despite his years of contributions, key to their successes, etc. Something.
Majority rules. That was what Mick said.

And why did he necessarily “must have done something” to be ousted? They lied with the tour delay and threw him under the bus so why cover him if he had done something bad?
Old 08-05-2018, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And why did he necessarily “must have done something” to be ousted? They lied with the tour delay and threw him under the bus so why cover him if he had done something bad?
I agree, they are all big liars, and if they had something they could say that Lindsey did that was so AWFUL to warrant his firing, you can bet $tevie would have said that in the media. She would have played the sympathy card, woe is me, etc.

So they spun a lie, that was complete fabrication, about Lindsey wanting to delay the tour.

Here's a thought.......it appears that Stevie had things in the works with Mike by the time Music Cares came around. How do we know that she didn't bait Lindsey into some kind of argument that allowed her to claim "foul" and get him kicked out so that Mike could join? We all know that they both know exactly how to push each other's buttons........

This could explain Lindsey being blindsided by the firing. It was no different that many other big fights that they had in the past. The difference was that this time Stevie had a big-a$$ plan in place
Old 08-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A lot of "fan fiction" on this site.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

We don't know what he did do we? You don't and neither do I. So let's stop pretending we do.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We don't know what he did do we? You don't and neither do I. So let's stop pretending we do.
Haha! Yes, please, let’s stop pretending he must have done SOMETHING because that’s the ONLY way Stevie would have reacted the way she did.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I agree, they are all big liars, and if they had something they could say that Lindsey did that was so AWFUL to warrant his firing, you can bet $tevie would have said that in the media. She would have played the sympathy card, woe is me, etc.

So they spun a lie, that was complete fabrication, about Lindsey wanting to delay the tour.

Here's a thought.......it appears that Stevie had things in the works with Mike by the time Music Cares came around. How do we know that she didn't bait Lindsey into some kind of argument that allowed her to claim "foul" and get him kicked out so that Mike could join? We all know that they both know exactly how to push each other's buttons........

This could explain Lindsey being blindsided by the firing. It was no different that many other big fights that they had in the past. The difference was that this time Stevie had a big-a$$ plan in place
Exactly! It was all already in the works with Mike when Lindsey was fired, no matter how “fanfictionaly” some people want to believe this is. I honestly don’t care.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder just how much power Chris and John have in the band. In the beginning. Yes. Lots of power. But as the years have gone by, Stevie became the powerful one. Her success with her solo work made sure of that. I think that power started to come into play when Billy and Rick joined the group. You had several solo Stevie songs in the set. It always comes down to money in the end. I think the band thought, if Stevie goes, there will be no tour and Stevie used that power to get rid of Lindsey. I agree, if Lindsey did something so terrible, why wouldn't they just say so. I would love to know what the argument was between Lindsey and Stevie.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-05-2018, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I wonder just how much power Chris and John have in the band. In the beginning. Yes. Lots of power. But as the years have gone by, Stevie became the powerful one. Her success with her solo work made sure of that. I think that power started to come into play when Billy and Rick joined the group. You had several solo Stevie songs in the set. It always comes down to money in the end. I think the band thought, if Stevie goes, there will be no tour and Stevie used that power to get rid of Lindsey. I agree, if Lindsey did something so terrible, why wouldn't they just say so. I would love to know what the argument was between Lindsey and Stevie.
If Lindsey had done something so terribly wrong to Stevie, Chris wouldn't have a heavy heart about his departure, as was posted in RD's tweet. It was simply an atypical argument between two ex lovers, that have never really settled their feelings towards each other. I'd say Stevie made the ultimatum that it's me or him, because she wants to be happy for the next ten years. And with Stevie being the bigger draw for a paying audience, money won. AND, with Mike Campbell and Neil Finn waiting in the wings Lindsey became a disposable commodity.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:23 PM

What strikes me as odd, is that they gave conflicting information.

First Lindsey delayed the tour. Then, other comments spilled out.. "I want to be happy."

whoops... $he let that $lip out.. so much subtext in that comment. and then the comment about the set list. And then... recording new music! (the nerve)

So you had your "official reason" and then you had your subtext coming out in other interviews. We want to be happy. Records don't sell. I don't know what Christine and Lindsey's premise for their album is.

So which is it? You wanted to be happy, or you wanted to tour RIGHT AWAY!!??

Because $he always wants to record and tour RIGHT AWAY. $HE NEVER delays Fleetwood Mac.

I've never seen 5 people more full of sh** than this band.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-05-2018 at 01:26 PM..
Old 08-05-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I honestly don't think he or anyone did anything that was different or a stand out. I've never thought any of this was about some particular thing that happened that made it so that they can't go anymore. While I'll admit I don't know what the details were I really believe it was a matter of more than one thing all together with the ongoing tension between them over a new album (him wanting it and her not) and then his solo side tour plans which undoubtably pissed her off because she's always liked to say that she never lets her solo career interfere with FM (which is crap but she says it) being the main at fault. Stevie just didn't want to deal with it so she pulled a power move and the promoters obviously went with her so that was that basically.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I don't think they have much power at all. I really think Stevie has basically all of the power these days. Back when they made albums and cared about it because albums sold, Lindsey had loads of power because he's the main one that made the albums. But it's changed a lot since then and they mostly just care about touring to get money. And Stevie is the one who puts butts in seats on tours.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post

I totally agree with you...she baited him...if there's truth to the fact he shouted at Karen and that instigated the fight then she was waiting for such an incident to happen for her to jump in and pull the power line....Me or him