Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Unhappy Do You Think It's Over?

I love the Mac and Stevie especially even though i'm still new to the "Penquinhead" culture (aren't Mac fans Penguinheads? or MacHeads? If not would be a good fan name!). But how many times can you release a greatest hits or very best of album?! And on top of that when was the last time any of them released any original material? It was Lindsey right with Gift of Screws? (2008?) I hate to say it, but maybe it's time they went their own ways and just continued with solo careers or maybe managed other up and coming bands? I mean they still perform good, but it's nothing new. I hate to say all this but i've been thinking about it.

What do you guys think?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's not like they're a "new"/"current" band - they've been around for over 40 years.

I certainly don't expect them to crank out a new studio album every year or every two years -- it's a ridiculous expectation.

I agree that there's only so many greatest hits albums we can handle, but I'd rather a new greatest hits album come out (with two or so new songs, like they usually do) than not have anything come out at all.

Let them take their time regarding new material... they're gettin' old.

Last edited by FMlex; 09-16-2009 at 06:58 PM..
Old 09-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, and NO! They HAVE to release something else...or I'm going to be reallllllllllly sad! I don't even want to imagine a world where FM is over and done with. I know that the day is going to come when the realization will be that there won't be any new material...but they can't end it yet and they can't end it with the Unleased tour...they just can't! It has to be bigger than that. I know that there are those who have been around a lot longer who remember FM in their heyday and feel that they won't ever reach those heights again and may have the opinion that they should move on but I'm not one of them...I missed out on so much and I HATE that...so my perspective is a lot different...I'm not ready for FM to be a thing of the past. I think they've still got it

Last edited by GypsyBlueEyes; 09-16-2009 at 07:00 PM..
Old 09-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They're just looking for the right place to fade...
Old 09-16-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
They're just looking for the right place to fade...
Like a ghost throught the fog?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Like a ghost throught the fog?
Exactly......
Old 09-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac at some point down the line . . . .

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I personally think it's over. Stevie seems disinterested in recording new material because she and Fleetwood Mac are no longer a platinum selling artists. She also has chronicled how miserable she was during the making of Say You Will, and how she didn't like the end product of the album. She seems perpetually angry with Lindsey too. I see more touring to come, but no more new albums. I just don't think Stevie and Lindsey can find any middle ground or reason to record with Christine the moderator and voice of reason being gone. I don't know that I see more solo albums from Stevie either... and it'll probably be a decade before we see anything from Lindsey again.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well this thread sure is making me depressed guys -- come on, where's the optimistic outlook?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I personally think it's over. Stevie seems disinterested in recording new material because she and Fleetwood Mac are no longer a platinum selling artists. She also has chronicled how miserable she was during the making of Say You Will, and how she didn't like the end product of the album. She seems perpetually angry with Lindsey too. I see more touring to come, but no more new albums. I just don't think Stevie and Lindsey can find any middle ground or reason to record with Christine the moderator and voice of reason being gone. I don't know that I see more solo albums from Stevie either... and it'll probably be a decade before we see anything from Lindsey again.
I agree with every single word of this.

I put the over/under of forthcoming Fleetwood Mac concerts (including dates that are already scheduled) at 200. Its all about money/rehearsed false in-concert sincerity at this point.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well everythings been a " been there done that" with them after 30 years....the only thing left I'd like to see happen is a Buckingham Nicks reunion...a strictly Lindsey and Stevie effort...a focus on their original sound ..maybe a new album that brings that back...call it Buckingham Nicks 2 or something and a tour....Frozen Love Live...I'm waiting! Now that would be the way to to go out...the same way they came in...a beautiful Love Story.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have to agree with you. I just don't think they'll be able to see eye to eye on recording a new album. I pray to God you're wrong about Stevie. I think she's got another solo album or two up her chiffon sleeve. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking. I think for Stevie, a lot of the magic is gone from Fleetwood Mac.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 09-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I honestly think it was a good idea to do this tour for everyone involved. I also think that stevie hasnt sounded this upbeat in a LONG time....when the tour is done they are gonna hit the studio...i feel it!