The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So interesting to see him being so open and interactive with the fans on social media. Would not have expected it from him lol. Not surprised at all to see that they're just not speaking to him. They aged physically past the 70s but not mentally. Truly childish.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
So interesting to see him being so open and interactive with the fans on social media. Would not have expected it from him lol. Not surprised at all to see that they're just not speaking to him. They aged physically past the 70s but not mentally. Truly childish.
Yeah.. so much so that we won't even know it if they have progressed to their second childhoods.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if you ever talked to him (as many will get that chance this fall!) you would not be surprised at all how matter-of-fact he can actually be in normal conversations. but like you, i'm hugely, pleasantly surprised that he decided to actually do this, interact with fans on social media in writing, in real time. yes insta stories are like snaps and don't last beyond a day, but he knew going in that they'll be captured by people and live on.

it's a great move, and so gratifying for fans!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-17-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
if you ever talked to him (as many will get that chance this fall!) you would not be surprised at all how matter-of-fact he can actually be in normal conversations. but like you, i'm hugely, pleasantly surprised that he decided to actually do this, interact with fans on social media in writing, in real time. yes insta stories are like snaps and don't last beyond a day, but he knew going in that they'll be captured by people and live on.

it's a great move, and so gratifying for fans!
I’m planning to ask him what he does to stay in shape. Just because I haven’t thought of anything better yet.

I am stoked to see him opening night of 10/7 and even more excited to meet him!

Hoping for as many OOTC songs as we can get.

Last edited by Nathan; 09-18-2018 at 02:07 AM..
Old 09-18-2018, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I’m planning to ask him what he does to stay in shape. Just because I haven’t thought of anything better yet.

I am stoked to see him opening night of 10/7 and even more excited to meet up him!

Hoping for as many OOTC songs as we can get.
He's a lifelong swimmer. Any the only member of Fleetwood Mac who didn't battle an addiction. It shows.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
He's a lifelong swimmer. Any the only member of Fleetwood Mac who didn't battle an addiction. It shows.
He's a lifelong pothead. That's not an addiction?

But I will agree, that versus alcohol/real drugs, that that's why he's in ~by far~ the best shape.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well he wasn't an addict in the same sense as Stevie or Mick but he certainly had more than his fair share of issues lol.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll let you know what he says. Yes, I forgot about his swimming - does he still do it regularly?

Quote:
Well he wasn't an addict in the same sense as Stevie or Mick but he certainly had more than his fair share of issues lol.
This sounds right. I think his cannabis use has historically been pretty prolific too. I wonder if he still partakes of that. My guess is that he does (SN too), considering how accessible it is in California. I forget if it's legal there or not but regardless.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'll let you know what he says. Yes, I forgot about his swimming - does he still do it regularly?
not sure. probably keeps up - we'll see what he tells you.

but he walks every day. there was some recent interview where he was asked to describe his regular day and he said he goes for a long walk every morning. and we know from all those pics with fans at various parks and roads from the last few FM tours that he walks almost every day while on tour too, regardless of where he is.

tours help too - he always has a little belly when not on tour, and that slims down as the tour is going on.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-18-2018, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Since she can no longer sing or play the keyboards it begs the question of why he would even bother to call the crone in the first place
She can write, play, and sing--all in the studio. Her keyboard parts are noticeable and definitely hers on her songs from LB/CM; her voice sounds terrific--with the aid of studio gadgetry; and her songs hold up. She still does well much of what LB loves to do in the studio, which includes building up tracks and playing around with sounds.

I have no idea why the band isn't micing her keyboards in live performances. My assumption is they want a slicker feel--and Christine's live keyboard work has always been earthy and propulsive.

Her voice live appears to be shot. That is sad. But "Too Far Gone" sounded routinely very good on the LB/CM tour.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Her voice live appears to be shot. That is sad. But "Too Far Gone" sounded routinely very good on the LB/CM tour.
Love love love this song.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Love love love this song.
Too Far Gone is so Fleetwood Mac. It's a cross between Tusk and World Turning. Watching them do it live was amazing. The crowds went crazy.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I just noticed that part that he did not mention John. I wonder if he has spoken to John
I doubt it. I don't think they were ever the best of friends. I was surprised when I saw John's credit on Down On Rodeo as the only other featured musician.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Too Far Gone is so Fleetwood Mac. It's a cross between Tusk and World Turning. Watching them do it live was amazing. The crowds went crazy.
The female crowds went crazy because of Jimmy during Too Far Gone!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
The female crowds went crazy because of Jimmy during Too Far Gone!
never thought about it that way. i did always feel bad for Mick because that was his drum solo that Jimmy was getting acclaim and admiration for. needless to say, now i'm smugly glad undeserving Mick never got to soak that up live.

loved Chris singing and dancing upfront at the stage with her maracas on this. the whole band was rocking!

still hope we get to eventually hear some of those BuckVie songs live again! (we probably would have this fall with Lindsey's original plan of Chris guesting on some of his solo gigs in between FM dates.)