Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Stevie's Gloves

Okay, maybe I'm just being petty....but does anyone else think the gloves Stevie wears are kinda strange? Everything else about her I just love but the gloves just don't go with her outfits and they seem "outdated" - kind of a Michael Jackson look!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Registered

...have you seen her hands?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflies View Post
...have you seen her hands?
there's a picture somewhere it's scary like madonna's
Old 03-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

No, I haven't seen her hands...unfortunately I haven't been that close! lol
Old 03-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhiannon View Post
No, I haven't seen her hands...unfortunately I haven't been that close! lol
Old 03-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Registered

^^^^ that's the one^^^^^
Old 03-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those gloves are a wardrobe piece specifically worn to hide Stevie's hands. I'm sure this is the only reason for them.

Yes, we are all "getting older too" and Stevie is no exception. Hell, whatever tricks and illusions that we can find to hide our years is worth it. Honey, I use whatever I can to look younger. So, rock on Stevie......get down with your gloved self !!!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Those gloves are a wardrobe piece specifically worn to hide Stevie's hands. I'm sure this is the only reason for them.

Yes, we are all "getting older too" and Stevie is no exception. Hell, whatever tricks and illusions that we can find to hide our years is worth it. Honey, I use whatever I can to look younger. So, rock on Stevie......get down with your gloved self !!!
I love her gloves...but this isn't the first time we've seen Stevie wear them. She's been wearing gloves,in some form or fashion, since the Wild Heart Tour. RAL had them too then they resurfaced for TimeSpace and SA. While hiding her age may play a small part, I think the main reason she wears the gloves is for the look.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yes, now I understand the gloves...........her hands sure show her age. Luckily, they are the only things that do! She is beautiful and has aged gracefully and beautifully.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhiannon View Post
Yes, now I understand the gloves...........her hands sure show her age. Luckily, they are the only things that do! She is beautiful and has aged gracefully and beautifully.
But her hands wouldn't look so bad in that particular photo if the rings weren't so tight. That makes her fingers pucker and look unnatural. I don't know if she has carpal tunnerl or some other pain that she's trying to soothe, but I don't know if she's trying to cover up her hands with those gloves (though I have accused her of hiding horrible rashes, I was just being facetious) as much as I think she's trying to give them support.

Maybe she's some big time bowler on the side and, after all these years of strikes and splits, her hands really hurt and she's trying to brace them.

Michele
Old 03-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But her hands wouldn't look so bad in that particular photo if the rings weren't so tight. That makes her fingers pucker and look unnatural. I don't know if she has carpal tunnerl or some other pain that she's trying to soothe, but I don't know if she's trying to cover up her hands with those gloves (though I have accused her of hiding horrible rashes, I was just being facetious) as much as I think she's trying to give them support.

Maybe she's some big time bowler on the side and, after all these years of strikes and splits, her hands really hurt and she's trying to brace them.

Michele
Yes, that photo is not very flattering. However, I have seen many other candid photos (i.e. not retouched/taken by fans, etc.) that show her hands, and they look fine...even younger than her age might indicate. I can't find it right now, but there is one that was posted somewhere of a CD signing at B&N, I think. Her hands looked great. I think the red blouse photo was taken after a long airline flight. Who doesn't get a little puffy after a long journey at 35,000 feet?? And you are right about the rings accentuating the puffiness.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She has performed sans gloves several times in the last year and her hands look fine. Sure, if you zoom in you would see and older woman's hands. However, normally they do not look as bad as they do in that pic.

PLUS, wearing gloves in general don't bother me..it's the LEATHER, finger-less gloves with dangling bling that bothers me. They are horrible looking and I agree, they do not go with her outfits. She was once quoted many years ago as saying "I love leather and I love lace, but not together." Ok, Stevie - leather does not go with chiffon either! lol

The full finger gloves she wore on the SYW tour were ok and they were suede as well as the lacey ones she wears..It's the leather ones that are problematic!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The gloves are worn for reasons known to Stevie. That being said, the god awful ruffled black dress has to go!!!!! GO!!!!!!! It's dowdy and has been worn to death.

Last edited by Angel69; 03-05-2013 at 06:51 PM..
Old 03-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69 View Post
The gloves are worn for reasons known to Stevie. That being said, the god awful ruffled black dress has to go!!!!! GO!!!!!!! It's dowdy and has been worn to death.
Agreed. Just when I think she's done with it, BAM it comes back! Maybe the new tour will usher in the end of it..or not

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl View Post
She has performed sans gloves several times in the last year and her hands look fine. Sure, if you zoom in you would see and older woman's hands. However, normally they do not look as bad as they do in that pic.

PLUS, wearing gloves in general don't bother me..it's the LEATHER, finger-less gloves with dangling bling that bothers me. They are horrible looking and I agree, they do not go with her outfits. She was once quoted many years ago as saying "I love leather and I love lace, but not together." Ok, Stevie - leather does not go with chiffon either! lol

The full finger gloves she wore on the SYW tour were ok and they were suede as well as the lacey ones she wears..It's the leather ones that are problematic!
Yes! That's what I'm talking about!