User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Registered

Default Palin fires wifebeater too, must be improper

http://krla870.townhall.com/blog/g/b...f-d2dab47baf2e

I guess this guys firing MUST be improper because Palin, a Republican (term used as substitute for Nazi around here) fired him. Where are the feminists? They're actually attacking Palin for firing this creep. Read the REAL troopergate story above. I doubt it will change anyone's mind around here, because the people here don't like to have their opinions challenged with facts. It just confuses them.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

[QUOTE=ajmccarrell;774851]http://krla870.townhall.com/blog/g/b...f-d2dab47baf2e

I guess this guys firing MUST be improper because Palin, a Republican (term used as substitute for Nazi around here) fired him. Where are the feminists? They're actually attacking Palin for firing this creep. Read the REAL troopergate story above. I doubt it will change anyone's mind around here, because the people here don't like to have their opinions challenged with facts. It just confuses them. [/QUOTE

I don't care for men or women who abuse anyone, especially their family members. I consider men and women who abuse their wives/husbands/children/parents to be the lowest form of scum on this earth

I definitely would not want any law inforcement officer to receive a salary from taxpayers if they can't even protect and love their own family members with respect and honor.

I am not ga-ga over Sarah Palin and I am not a feminist. I am a mom, wife and grandmother and if anyone tried to hurt one of my family members, you definitely would hear me roar

So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind

♥Debra♥
Old 09-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Debra --

I agree with you that if this is true, then the guy is a creep.

However, that is not the troopergate issue. In other words, the guy could have been the largest jerk in the world, but if Palin fired him because he would not carry out Palin's personal vendetta, than she abused her position of power, no matter how big of a creep the guy was. And, the facts in this instance are:

1. Palin agreed to an investigation.

2. A bipartisan committee (8 Republicans and 4 Democrats) appointed a special prosecutor to investigate.

3. Palin agreed to cooperate fully with the investigation by stating in July 2008 - "that being the route they choose, so be it. I'm happy to comply, to cooperate" - an essential "bring it on."

4. In August, Palin acknowledged that "pressure could have been perceived to exist, although I have only now become aware of it" and she apologized to Alaskans for "this distraction".

5. Her advisor, the former U.S. Attorney, advised her she may have some liability/exposure and Democratic state Senator Hollis French, who is overseeing the investigation, stated the report will "likely be damaging" to the Palin administration, and may be an October surprise as the report is due on October 10, 2008.

6. Now that it appears she may have had some culpability, she and the R smear machine are trying to change the subject and stall the investigation she and eight other R's agreed to do and cooperate with.

Again, she is all for reforming the corruption in the govt. and openly advocates for a transparent govt. So, why is she balking at cooperating with an investigation that she called for. Also, I am not prejudging Palin. I am just questioning why she now refuses to cooperate with an investigation sanctioned by EIGHT R's and to which she agreed to cooperate. The rules must apply to everyone or they lose any significant effect in general application.

Here is the wiki cite for it, which is supported by ind. quotes -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_...oner_dismissal

Also - this is just another attempt by AJ to completely ignore the facts, main issue, and argument, which he knows he cannot win. So, he instead spins it and then attacks everyone else by calling them stupid, etc.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 09-19-2008 at 05:33 PM..
Old 09-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Ledgie

Interesting, pick a story, fantasize about how others might react to the story that you posted and then try to combine it with other stories. Pretend that you had some sort of point and mix in a little feigned outrage over all of the previous occurances that only exist in your own head.

A Lithium moment if ever there was one.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton View Post
Interesting, pick a story, fantasize about how others might react to the story that you posted and then try to combine it with other stories. Pretend that you had some sort of point and mix in a little feigned outrage over all of the previous occurances that only exist in your own head.

Now watch out Ashton these are precisely the kind of remarks I made over on the original McCain/Palin thread that made him decompensate the first time.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Investigator: Palin probe to end before election By MATT VOLZ, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 45 minutes ago

The Alaska lawmaker directing an abuse-of-power investigation of Gov. Sarah Palin promised Friday the probe will be finished before the election, despite refusals by key witnesses to testify, including the governor's husband.

After waiting 35 minutes for Todd Palin and two state administrative employees to appear under subpoena before the state Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Hollis French condemned their refusal to testify and the attorney general's broken promise that seven other witnesses would testify who were not subpoenaed.

French said the retired prosecutor hired by the Alaska Legislature to investigate Palin, Stephen Branchflower, will conclude his investigation by Oct. 10. Still, that report will not include testimony from the Republican vice presidential nominee, her husband or most of the top aides Branchflower hoped to interview.

Sarah Palin's allies hoped the investigation would be delayed past the election to spare her any troublesome revelations — or at least the distraction — before voters have made their choice. Palin's reputation as clean-government advocate who takes on entrenched interests is central to her appeal as Republican John McCain's running mate, and possibly at risk in the probe.

Palin initially promised to cooperate in the investigation, telling the Legislature to "hold me accountable." Lawmakers were investigating accusations she dismissed the state's public safety commissioner because he refused to fire her ex-brother-in-law, a state trooper. She now opposes the investigation.

Palin spokesman Bill McAllister declined to comment Friday. The McCain campaign said there are concerns about the effect of political influence on the Legislature's inquiry and Palin will provide any information needed to a separate investigation by the Alaska State Personnel Board.

The committee subpoenaed six people to appear Friday to testify or meet for private interviews with Branchflower. French said three of those six had complied. Todd Palin, special assistant Ivy Frye and Randy Ruaro, who is the governor's deputy chief of staff, did not.

Todd Palin's attorney sent French a letter Thursday listing Palin's objections to the Legislature's investigation of his wife. Among them, the attorney said, were jurisdiction questions, separation of power issues and an inconvenient travel schedule.

Subpoenas were approved on seven other government employees, but not served because the state attorney general's office had agreed to cooperate, French said. But Attorney General Talis Colberg earlier this week reversed himself, saying the governor declined to participate and that Palin administration employees would not appear.

French said subpoenas will be issued for those seven people, ordering them to testify on Sept. 26.

Witnesses who refuse to testify can be found in contempt under Alaska law. But the full Legislature must be in session, which won't happen until January. That means witnesses can stonewall without penalty beyond the Nov. 4 election, lawmakers said.

One of them, Sen. Gene Therriault, opposed the subpoenas. He said Friday the investigation was intended to uncover whether the governor was justified in firing Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan, and he believes she was.

Palin fired Monegan in July. It later emerged that Palin, her husband and several high-level staffers had contacted Monegan about state trooper Mike Wooten. Palin maintains she fired Monegan over budget disagreements.

Wooten had gone through a nasty divorce from Palin's sister before Palin became governor. Monegan has said no one from the administration ever told him directly to fire Wooten, but he said their repeated contacts made it clear they wanted Wooten gone.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080919/...in_troopergate

Old 09-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton View Post

You never fail to make the argument about me. How about addressing the story or the point that was being made?! The libs on this board are incapable of debating anything besides what medication they imagine me taking. I don't take anything and I have no psychological problems to report. Sorry to disappoint you. You go for me every single time instead of the story or the point, it's SO predictable. I could post about Woody Woodpecker and you would make the post all about me. This is just getting funny any more. The basic problem is that none of you are capable of engaging on issues, just on, even as your own candidate puts it, "the old politics as usual." Too funny!
Old 09-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
You never fail to make the argument about me. How about addressing the story or the point that was being made?! The libs on this board are incapable of debating anything besides what medication they imagine me taking. I don't take anything and I have no psychological problems to report. Sorry to disappoint you. You go for me every single time instead of the story or the point, it's SO predictable. I could post about Woody Woodpecker and you would make the post all about me. This is just getting funny any more. The basic problem is that none of you are capable of engaging on issues, just on, even as your own candidate puts it, "the old politics as usual." Too funny!

I most certainly did not call you a wifebeater. Any claim that I even indicated such is merely guilty projection on your part.

Don't whine, sweetie. It makes you look all the more crazy. Someone prone to hissy fits and whining should try to hide it better.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Registered

Gee, I'm a guy, I don't think you want to call me sweetie. Even I WERE a woman, that would be a sexist remark. However, you might want to attack my position rather than me. No one here seems capable of that, least of all you. What did I say in my position that was incorrect? I invite you to find fault with it. You'd rather just make pathetic insults and personal attacks.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Obviously....

you are posting this crap on this board to get a reaction. You are loving every second of it. Take it somewhere else!! Very few people here (and, if there is a God...which I know there is, in the world) share your pinhead views. If you dont want to continue to have people fight back, dont past here anymore. Jeez!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
http://krla870.townhall.com/blog/g/b...f-d2dab47baf2e

I guess this guys firing MUST be improper because Palin, a Republican (term used as substitute for Nazi around here) fired him. Where are the feminists? They're actually attacking Palin for firing this creep. Read the REAL troopergate story above. I doubt it will change anyone's mind around here, because the people here don't like to have their opinions challenged with facts. It just confuses them.

Is the above statement a new ploy to get us to buy your stuff???????
Old 09-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Rimshot - ZIIIINNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

(couldn't resist )

Old 09-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Sorceress
This message has been deleted by Sorceress.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I don't think it's working.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
you are posting this crap on this board to get a reaction. You are loving every second of it. Take it somewhere else!! Very few people here (and, if there is a God...which I know there is, in the world) share your pinhead views. If you dont want to continue to have people fight back, dont past here anymore. Jeez!
I don't mind people fighting back, but usung insults and personal attacks is not fighting back or having a debate, that called being idiots.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:58 AM
ajmccarrell
This message has been deleted by ajmccarrell. Reason: stuff
Old 09-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, you are a psychologist now? Hmmmm. How about I fill out an MMPI, huh?! You can't win an argument, so I guess the solution is to call the other person crazy and use ad homonem attacks, am I understanding that this is your position?
No, that's not my position. I called it as I see it and it's unwise to go into it any further. The original post was unprofessional of me, I deleted it, and you may want to do the same for the above post.