Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default courier-mail article

From the picture it looks like the black dress is still in action...

FLEETWOOD Mac wants a five-star visit with all the trimmings after flying into Australia yesterday.

Stevie Nicks on stage in Newcastle.
The Mac, one of the most successful music acts ever, has upped the ante of luxury living while on tour.

Promoters have agreed to Mac demands for their own 737 jet, a limousine for each band member and antique furniture flown in from a Bel Air mansion.

Mac front woman Stevie Nicks stayed in Hawaii for two weeks to acclimatise to Pacific time zones. "I have to stop for a minute and thank all the gods of rock and roll that it can be done, one more time, in this fashion," Nicks told the Herald Sun.

"As I sit on that plane and watch those limousines come out on to the airfield, I ask: 'Oh my God, where is (Led Zeppelin's) Robert Plant, where is Jimmy Page?

"It's like the old days. It's huge. It's as close to the 1970s as you can get.

"It's very fun and it's very dramatic."

Nicks, 55, has weathered alcoholism and addictions to cocaine and anti-depressants.

She says the new, sober Mac has earned its five-star lifestyle.

Lindsey Buckingham (guitar), John McVie (bass) and Mick Fleetwood (drums) bring their own furniture on tour.

Nicks insists on taking her furniture from a Bel Air mansion the band rented while recording their latest album, Say You Will.

"I lived with that furniture for almost a year, so it feels like home. When I walk into my dressing room, I want to be cosy," Nick said.

Other Mac dressing rooms are personally decorated by Buckingham's niece.

Nicks, an inspiration to two generations of female performers, takes her role seriously.

She is flattered to receive calls for advice from Sheryl Crow, Michelle Branch and Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks.

"I have a very strong ego and I'm very possessive of my songs, my performance, and what I've done."

She still conveys sexuality and sensuality in her music.

"But you need to retain some mystery," Nicks said. "I think, with a lot of music today, the mystery is gone.

"And if there is no mystery, you aren't even sexy. If people can see it all, why should they even bother to ask you out?

"Women being raunchy may be great for MTV, but they're certainly not getting an invite home to see mum."

Fleetwood Mac's latest 2 1/2 hour show received rave reviews in the US and UK.

Fleetwood Mac performs at Rod Laver Arena on February 23 and 24.

here's the link, cut down a little:
http://snipurl.com/4jm2

Carol
Old 02-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the link, Carol!

Old 02-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was that picture (which is a really bad one of Stevie, by the way) from today's show, or was it an old picture?

Also, why do they always say that Stevie is an inspiration to only female singers? Can't men look up to her too?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
Was that picture (which is a really bad one of Stevie, by the way) from today's show, or was it an old picture?

Well, the caption is "Stevie Nicks on stage in Newcastle," so I'm assuming it's today's (or is it yesterday's?) show...but, you know you can never believe the media 100%....

Carol
Old 02-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Violet
Well, the caption is "Stevie Nicks on stage in Newcastle," so I'm assuming it's today's (or is it yesterday's?) show...but, you know you can never believe the media 100%....

Carol
Okay, thanks. I just don't care for that picture. Hopefully, she still looks the same and it is just a bad picture. I don't know what is wrong with it, I just don't care for it.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, it's not a great picture. Maybe it's just the angle she's holding her head. And the color seems a little off... and she doesn't look real happy, huh?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Violet
Yeah, it's not a great picture. Maybe it's just the angle she's holding her head. And the color seems a little off... and she doesn't look real happy, huh?
Yeah, I thought it was the angle too. Like she threw her head back and was preparing to belt out a song and the guy snaped a picture. Oh well, we'll see what is really going on soon. Normally someone has taken a million pictures at each concert!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: courier-mail article

Thanks for posting the article, Violet. I think that angle of "Fleetwood Mac still represents the apex of luxury" seems forced, especially in light of the way hip-hop superstars & teen idols tour today. The angle couldn't be occurring naturally to these reporters; it's probably concocted & spread by the band's publicity department.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why hasn't thesmokinggun.com uncovered FM's concert rider yet? I'm dying to see it!!

Old 02-17-2004, 02:29 PM

Default interesting

Uhm... I guess Stevie missed this story about Michelle Branch...

http://www.maximonline.com/entertain...icle_5583.html
Old 02-17-2004, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Wow.

What a lady, huh?
Old 02-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: interesting

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Uhm... I guess Stevie missed this story about Michelle Branch...

http://www.maximonline.com/entertain...icle_5583.html
Well, when you're playing the Cherry Hill Mall in Cherry Hill, NJ, you can surmise your career is kind of sucking ass. Time to strip.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eek - Stevie posed with this girl in the July 2003 iaaue of In Style Magazine which is posted on the nicksfix (thanks!!!). Perhaps La Nicks should have dispensed some more advice

In Style
July, 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're The Inspiration

The July issue of InStyle magazine, has an article titled, "You're The Inspiration" which shows six young musicians pictured with their musical idol. Page 167 is a picture of Michelle Branch with Stevie Nicks on the beach in Malibu. The text is as follows:

The fan: Singer-songwriter Michelle Branch, a Grammy winner for her collaboration with Santana. Her second CD is Hotel Paper (Maverick).

The idol: Rock and Roll icon Stevie Nicks, whose combined album sales from Fleetwood Mac and solo projects total more than 60 million (the group's latest is Say You Will, on Reprise).

Branch on Nicks: "I grew up listening to my mom's Fleetwood Mac records. I remember hearing Stevie's voice on 'Rhiannon' for the first time. It just sucks you in. She was my favorite part - in front of that whole band, carrying it with her voice and songs as a female, as a writer, as a musician. I'm from Arizona and she's from Arizona, and as I got older, it was kind of like, Wow, someone actually made it out of Arizona and did this? I admire her for being strong and living through it. She's a rock chick, one of the girls that you're always jealous of because she's hanging out with the guys."

Nicks on Branch: "Michelle's got a little funky thing going on. I can see that she wants to be kind of what I wanted to be like: able to kick butt in order to have people take me seriously. I didn't want to be too beautiful. As far as being a music maven goes, I'm still doing this, and I want her to see that the road is unending if you get into your craft and fight for it. It's a lot about your attitude-your attitude to not give up."

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Perhaps La Nicks should have dispensed some more advice
Perhaps La Nicks should have dispensed on La Branch, La Black Dress et La Cape
Old 02-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The hat is kind of pirate-esq as well!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world