User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation CBS Madonna concert doesn't materialize

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._t_materialize

Madonna (news - web sites) got out of the groove with CBS, where plans for a concert featuring the Material Girl have been scrapped.

Eye, which announced the special at its upfront presentation in New York last May, had planned to air a Madonna concert from her current "Reinvention" tour. Taping was scheduled to take place next week in Lisbon, Portugal, for later broadcast on the network. But Madonna and CBS couldn't come to terms and have parted ways.

According to a CBS spokesman, the singer wanted the broadcast to run beyond two hours and commercial-free, similar to concert specials on HBO. The Eye balked at the requests, specifically wanting to keep the broadcast to within a two-hour time frame.

Madonna has previously appeared in three concert specials for HBO: 2001's "Madonna Live: The Drowned World Tour," "Madonna -- Live Down Under: The Girlie Show" (1993) and "Madonna -- Live! Blonde Ambition World Tour '90" (1990).

DAMN this is not fair,, I guess I will never see this concert.... Heres for hoping for a DVD!
Also this was probably the stupidest move CBS has ever made
Old 09-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

No0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o!!! I don't have money to buy it on DVD!! lol *slams hand on desk*

.~.*.~.

MG'S4EVER

http://www.greatestjournal.com/users/x_kimbee_x/
Old 09-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

haaretz daily
Last Update: 16/09/2004 13:41

Madonna arrives in Israel for Kabbalah conference

Pop superstar Madonna and her husband, filmmaker Guy Richie attended Thursday a lecture given by her Los Angeles Kabbalah teacher, Eitan Yardeni, at the David Intercontinental Hotel in Tel Aviv.
Madonna landed in Israel Wednesday evening to take part in a Kabbalah conference with some 2,000 participants from 22 countries. Madonna, who performed in Israel in 1993, arrived here from Lisbon, the last leg of her "Reinvention" world tour which began in May.

Madonna's husband, Guy Ritchie, arrived in Israel together with her but her two children were not accompanying them.

The Kabbalah Center sponsoring the event confirmed that fashion designer Donna Karan will also be participating in the conference, along with Marla Maples, Donald Trump's ex-wife. Actress Demi Moore is also reportedly joining the group.

The Kabbalah Center has extensively publicized the participation of Rabbi Philip Berg, head of the world Kabbalah Center, as conference head, but Haaretz has learned that Berg will not be attending the conference. "The rabbi is ill, and he is now feeling better. He has to get permission from his doctors to fly to Israel," Tali Rosen, Kabbalah Center spokesperson said.

The conference will begin Wednesday night and continue until Sunday. The main event is a gala benefit for a "spiritual fund for children," to be held at the David Intercontinental Hotel. Ahinoam Nini will sing three numbers, including John Lennon's "Imagine," along with Palestinian songstress Amal Murkus. Madonna is scheduled to speak at the event.

Conference participants will spend 12 days in Israel. Their itinerary includes the tomb of Rabbi Shimon Bar Yohai in Meron, the tomb of Kabbalah luminary Rabbi Isaac Lurie in Safed, and the Tomb of Rachel near Bethlehem. The center has reserved 1,200 rooms in hotels in Tel Aviv and Tiberias.

Madonna's fans are coming out in full force at the hotel for their idol. One fan, Liron Shahar, 24, from Petah Tikva, had a special shirt Tuesday to wear in hopes of attracting the star's attention, emblazoned with the Kabbalistic name Madonna chose for herself, Esther.

On the invitation to journalists extended by Arad Communication representing the Kabbalah Center, news organizations were asked to send non-Jewish camera crews to cover conference events taking place on Rosh Hashanah and Saturday. The invitation also notes that Jewish journalists may not write.

"We are not interested in desecrating the holiday," explained Rosen, who also said they did not want "to hurt the feelings of those for whom the holiday and the Sabbath are important."

A public address system will be in operation over the holiday, which, according to Rosen "is permitted according to halakha [Jewish law]."

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!