Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Getting LB to sign BN at concert question

Hey all!
I am seeing FM on Sunday in Denver and I have very good close seats near LB - so my question is I am bringing my BN album and hope I can get a signature - for those with luck with this or even with suggestions when is a good time to hand it to him? (Like does anyone know when there's a short break, etc.) I want the timing to be good of course! Gotta get me a sharpie!

Thanks!
Lauren
Old 07-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Lauren!

Take only the cover- sounds simple, but someone got one of their records broken at one of the shows I went to.

I've seen the most success when you show it to him and make sure he sees it before the first encore, and then he'll either sign it before going offstage for the encore or he'll do it when they come back or leave after the final song.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

I showed my photo to Lindsey after "Go Your Own Way" and he smiled and said he would come back. They did the encore and then he signed for me. He's good about remembering! Just make sure you're ready, because he only signs for 2 or 3 people.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ok that was my next question when was encore but I can remember "GYOW" since it's my fave :-) (hi Hayley!)

I hope he will sign for me since he only does a few people. I don't know how close to him I am - I am in the center section, 13 seats in, 2nd row so I hope he will see it and I have to kind of push my way up a row to get it to him. I was going to attach a cover of my web page for him as well but it seems he does it fast so maybe just the album - and a pen right? (and yes, I thought about not taking the actual album so it doesn't get broken but good reminder!)

I am getting excited for Sunday! Getting him to sign would be a dream come true as well!

Lauren
Old 07-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You can always try asking Cory after the show if you see her, but be careful...she misunderstood Laura, and ended up signing it herself!

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 07-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003
You can always try asking Cory after the show if you see her, but be careful...she misunderstood Laura, and ended up signing it herself!
Is Cory blonde, and typically the person who hands out the roses from Stevie's mic at the end?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren

I hope he will sign for me since he only does a few people. I don't know how close to him I am - I am in the center section, 13 seats in, 2nd row so I hope he will see it and I have to kind of push my way up a row to get it to him.
Lauren
This will be near-impossible at that point in the show. I suggest getting up front right at the beginning of the show. If you're in Row 2, just be prepared to jump the front row of seats when everyone rushes up there when the band comes out. Or, be hovering at the end of the row near showtime to make it easier. They typically take the stage at 8:15...just remember, when you hear the crickets, they're coming. For an autograph, the ideal place to be is in the space just to the right of LB where there is no equipment in the way, but I have seen him go out of his way to reach people in other areas. As for your odds of getting one...very good if you're in that exact spot, other than that, it seems to vary quite a bit. In Seattle I swore he did about 15, but I'd say 3-5 is more likely. As for timing, I've mostly seen him do it at the very end when Mick is talking. Good luck! (Even if you don't get an autograph, you'll enjoy the show very much from that spot...trust me.)
Old 07-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

thanks guys- yes, I know I'll enjoy the show but I guess since this is my third show and I am finally finally so close I want of course the autograph finally! I will do my best!

What does Cory look like?

Thanks!
Lauren
Old 07-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What does Cory look like?
REAL REAL REAL REAL skinny blonde. I think she has tattoos downher back, if I am not mistaken. She's the one that tapes down the set lists for the band before the show....

-Curtis
Old 07-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Cory is super hot. I was totally checking her out at the Jacksonville show....and I bet we're the same age too!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cory's beautiful.

Oh, and Lauren- you're a gorgeous girl, and so you're more likely than anyone to get that album signed! He always pays way more attention to the pretty girls ;-)
Old 07-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
Cory's beautiful.

Oh, and Lauren- you're a gorgeous girl, and so you're more likely than anyone to get that album signed! He always pays way more attention to the pretty girls ;-)
Does he only sign for the girls? Any guys get an autograph?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 07-09-2004, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
This will be near-impossible at that point in the show. I suggest getting up front right at the beginning of the show. If you're in Row 2, just be prepared to jump the front row of seats when everyone rushes up there when the band comes out. Or, be hovering at the end of the row near showtime to make it easier. They typically take the stage at 8:15...just remember, when you hear the crickets, they're coming. For an autograph, the ideal place to be is in the space just to the right of LB where there is no equipment in the way, but I have seen him go out of his way to reach people in other areas. As for your odds of getting one...very good if you're in that exact spot, other than that, it seems to vary quite a bit. In Seattle I swore he did about 15, but I'd say 3-5 is more likely. As for timing, I've mostly seen him do it at the very end when Mick is talking. Good luck! (Even if you don't get an autograph, you'll enjoy the show very much from that spot...trust me.)
Before the show even starts can you find a place to stand up at the stage? If so, what rows are usually allowed up? Or does this all depend on the venue? Can anyone share any experiences?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 07-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Does he only sign for the girls? Any guys get an autograph?
I've seen guys get 'em, but there usually seems to be more ladies seeking them, and I wouldn't doubt he'd favor them if he can only manage a few.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Before the show even starts can you find a place to stand up at the stage? If so, what rows are usually allowed up? Or does this all depend on the venue? Can anyone share any experiences?
It definitely depends on the venue and how strict their security policies are (or how big-headed any particular security guard is I swear, some of these people think they're high and mighty). Often, it is technically limited to the first three rows, and sometimes only of the center section if the seats are divided into three sections. Some places may have additional security checking tickets near the front to make sure you belong up there. Overall, it is definitely easier to get up front at outdoor venues due to the way they're typically set up (lots of space between the front row and stage). If possible, keep wandering around back and forth in front of the stage before the show starts, and then "oops!" be up there when the show starts and mix right in. Try finding an empty seat upfront and tell someone you're going to pretend to know them if security bugs you. Just tell them you'll head back to your seat soon after you finish talking to "this friend you haven't seen in years" and milk it as long as possible. The people you're faking it with might act like you're crazy, but who cares? You'll never see them again! See my Clark Co show notes for some tactics I've successfully used. Some places will let you head to the stage, say, 5 minutes before showtime, whereas others make you wait until the band comes out. Just be ready to move fast because as soon as they allow it, it's a crunch! I know some Ledgies have paid people with tickets in the front row to trade with them. If you have an aisle seat, you're luckier because it leaves opportunities to dart up front without causing as much of a commotion. Even if it's a little worse seat, maybe offer to trade with someone on an aisle, since you'll have bigger and better things ahead of you. Take the time to scope out possibilities before the show starts. See if the side or center aisles look better, or which security guard look easier to slip by. A quick dart may be your best bet, or slowly climbing rows of seats into any available empty chairs over the course of the first couple songs may work better. Usually, if you have the will to do whatever it takes, you'll make it somehow! You could try asking another audience member to distract a problem security guard with a question while you slip past. At my last TISL show in Seattle, I was determined to get upfront for EO17 for the first time. The security at that particular venue (Key Arena) is seriously assinine, but my boyfriend (who is large and possibly scary-looking to those who don't know him) feigned a rucus as I darted past the three security guards. They told him he would have to leave if he didn't go back to his seat, and he obviously obliged since he just wanted me to make it! One lady actually sprinted after me in an attempt to chase me down (get a life, people!), but I ducked down and mingled quickly by which point she gave up.

BEST OF LUCK!!!