The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think he did it at every show on the Tusk tour. At least he does on every show I have from that era. (Including the St. Louis show)

BTW, great review!
Old 07-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
You know Paula, I may have claimed that it was 11/6/1979 show but after reading your trade page (where you have it listed, and since you claim you've never heard it) I've come to the conclusion that I might have been wrong. Maybe this is another St. Louis 1979 show, my copy just might be mislabelled. Anyway, it's around 3.10-3.13 in the performance.
No, you're right, it's just me not paying attention again (still have no clue how I ever missed it!) I just listened to it again & it is indeed the 11/6/79 show. Now I'll be going back & checking all of my Tusk boots for this, hehehe.

I must admit that when I listen to boots, I often "zone out" on some tunes (Tusk being one of them) so there's been many times that I catch things that I never remember hearing before, despite having heard that show several times.

Duh.

Paula
Old 07-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
I think he did it at every show on the Tusk tour. At least he does on every show I have from that era. (Including the St. Louis show)

Yes, he does it also on the Providence 11/22/1979 (Thanksgiving show) boot. Great show too.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Girl
I thought it was Mick saying "real savage like."
Um, wait, i have a question. I thought it was "a real savage life"?!
wrong?
Amber "I have no lyrics" Ghidossi

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
I think he did it at every show on the Tusk tour. At least he does on every show I have from that era.
I thought he probably had on every show that tour (I don't have them all yet), but I didn't think he had done it at all since then...anyone heard a Mirage or Dance show where he does it? The first time I ever noticed it was during the live performance in the Tusk Doc, but I couldn't figure out exactly what he was saying. Then, I realized it was in the studio version, just said really low as opposed to shouted. Not sure who's saying it...I think it's LB, but I think someone said they think it's Mick. It's at 2:26 on the studio version, and you can clearly hear that it's "real savage-like" (someone mentioned "real savage life" ), especially on the remastered version.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdevil22

Sounds like a great show! By "new" ending, do you mean how she repeated the "shadow, shadow" in a very cool way at the end?? I wasn't in Seattle but she did this in Spokane on Saturday night and I thought it was fantastic!! I figured it was the "new" way she was doing it as well. I'll be interested to see how it goes in Bozeman...

Erin
In Seattle, she did this amazing ending I'd never heard her do before...instead of singing "shadow" with Sharon and Jana, she echoed that word just behind them every time, and then ended the song by singing "running in the shadows" really low and dramatic. Is that what she did in Spokane?
Old 07-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So does she do the last line- Running in the shadows like on the DVD. I've never hear her do it like that before but that last low dramatic Running in the shadow is on the DVD.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 07-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
Hello!
I just got home - a long drive for me 9 hours!! Actually, no that wasn't my mom, She had enough from all the concerts I dragged her to last year so she sat this one out. She thinks I'm crazy going to all these concerts. LOL. I bought those tickets only a few days before the concert and sold the other one to a very nice lady (I know she is a lurker so Hello, if you are reading this!!) Lucky her, got Lindsey's towel!! Yay!

Sorry if I startled you when I poked you and asked you if you posted on the ledge. You looked at me like "huh?" LOL. But I remembered you from last year and wanted to say Hi! I saw you and your boyfriend sitting behind us before the concert then saw you walk up front and sit up there. I was trying to figure out what you were doing! That is a very good idea! And security never caught on and nobody ever sat in those seats?? That's awesome.

Your review was awesome! You remembered alot more than I did. I was busy messing with my camera the entire night. I took a few videos too! I will work on my review and get the pictures posted soon.

Do you know why that guy who worked there was taking pictures of people before the show?? He tried to offer me some row 7 tickets while I was waiting at will call. But since I already had front row I didn't take them. Do you know if those girls that had front row had backstage passes or something?? He was talking to them alot. I saw you talking to them before the concert. Just curious what was going on! I remember Lindsey reading your sign - that was awesome!! And he sang "Real Savage Like" - I sang it too!!

My shirt said "What Makes You Think You're the One." It had some pictures of Lindsey on it and a few lyrics. I will have to scan a picture of it and post it. That was funny when he read it - he couldn't really see it very well! LOL!
I'm so glad we had such a great night up front!
Wow! Long drive! Did you do it all at once right after the show? I barely stayed awake the 2-1/2 hours it took me to get home! But, then again, I'm a bit of a geezer for my age.

I didn't think that was your mom, but I knew she was with you last year and I got the impression you knew this lady in Clark Co...so I just assumed. What did your mom call GDW again? I was just shy of LB's towel twice, but oh well. Out of all the great things that happened at the show, that would be last on the priority list (like everyone says, it's exciting when you get it, but once you get it home whad'ya do with it?! . Okay...I'm sure some of you have found some creative things to do with them, but this is an all-ages board! Ahem. ). Well, "lady in Clark Co", if you are lingering... .

Be sure to share your pics, especially since you spent most of the night with your camera! I took a few, but didn't want to be too distracted by it. I do old school pics, so if any of them turn out especially good when I get the prints back, I'll let you know. Are your videos of full songs? No Tusk, I assume, or you would have mentioned it.

I don't know if that security guy up front realized what we were up to with the seats or not. He may have been totally oblivious (like many of the other staff there, he was kind of the inbred type ), but I more got the feeling it was a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of situation. Two friends of mine who are always able to work their way upfront at Paul McCartney concerts recommended that tactic. Those seats you originally saw us sitting in weren't even our ticketed seats (which were worse!)

I didn't know those girls upfront...I don't know what their situation was. They were kind of snotty and they did "know someone". When I walked up to them, I told them I was pretending to know them so the security guard would just think I went up there to chat with them. They acted indifferent and like I was crazy, but in the end it helped my master plan come together!

My reaction to you was because I kept peeking at you out the corner of my eye because I was pretty sure it was you, but hadn't said anything yet in case it wasn't. I wasn't sure if you had seen my suspicious peeking and thought I was a nutter or something. I kept thinking the odds were pretty low that we ended up right next to each other, too. But whaddya know .

I just realized that I'm not sure you know my name! I'm Jennifer, nice to meet you.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
So does she do the last line- Running in the shadows like on the DVD. I've never hear her do it like that before but that last low dramatic Running in the shadow is on the DVD.
Thanks...I've only had the chance to watch it once and don't specifically remember that.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
Wow! Long drive! Did you do it all at once right after the show? I barely stayed awake the 2-1/2 hours it took me to get home! But, then again, I'm a bit of a geezer for my age.

I didn't think that was your mom, but I knew she was with you last year and I got the impression you knew this lady in Clark Co...so I just assumed. What did your mom call GDW again? I was just shy of LB's towel twice, but oh well. Out of all the great things that happened at the show, that would be last on the priority list (like everyone says, it's exciting when you get it, but once you get it home whad'ya do with it?! . Okay...I'm sure some of you have found some creative things to do with them, but this is an all-ages board! Ahem. ). Well, "lady in Clark Co", if you are lingering... .

Be sure to share your pics, especially since you spent most of the night with your camera! I took a few, but didn't want to be too distracted by it. I do old school pics, so if any of them turn out especially good when I get the prints back, I'll let you know. Are your videos of full songs? No Tusk, I assume, or you would have mentioned it.

I don't know if that security guy up front realized what we were up to with the seats or not. He may have been totally oblivious (like many of the other staff there, he was kind of the inbred type ), but I more got the feeling it was a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of situation. Two friends of mine who are always able to work their way upfront at Paul McCartney concerts recommended that tactic. Those seats you originally saw us sitting in weren't even our ticketed seats (which were worse!)

I didn't know those girls upfront...I don't know what their situation was. They were kind of snotty and they did "know someone". When I walked up to them, I told them I was pretending to know them so the security guard would just think I went up there to chat with them. They acted indifferent and like I was crazy, but in the end it helped my master plan come together!

My reaction to you was because I kept peeking at you out the corner of my eye because I was pretty sure it was you, but hadn't said anything yet in case it wasn't. I wasn't sure if you had seen my suspicious peeking and thought I was a nutter or something. I kept thinking the odds were pretty low that we ended up right next to each other, too. But whaddya know .

I just realized that I'm not sure you know my name! I'm Jennifer, nice to meet you.
Hi!
Nice to meet you, nope I didn't know your name. That's why I asked you if you posted on the ledge...I didn't want to say is your name "Everyhour?" LOL.

I'm working on my review right now and getting the pictures uploaded. I got some good ones. Nope, unfortunately I didn't get any video of Tusk. I got some great video of Sara and BC though. Tracy at Burnish is kind enough to put them up on her site (should be pretty soon). Yes, I'd much rather watch the show than snapping pictures, but then when I see something that would be a good picture I feel I have to take a picture of it! LOL.

Yes, I got two of LB's towel, and I have them in a drawer. There isn't much you can do with them. I thought you caught the first one he threw. Who caught that one?

Yeah, those girls looked snotty. I'm glad they were at the other end of the stage for the concert. I saw you look at me after I pointed out my shirt to Lindsey, but don't worry I didn't think you were nutty or anything, I remembered you, just didn't have a chance to say hi yet.

You know...I can't remember what my mom called GDW last year. All I remember is I just rolled my eyes at her and laughed. She's a silly woman.

Ok - my review will be up soon!

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi!
Nice to meet you, nope I didn't know your name. That's why I asked you if you posted on the ledge...I didn't want to say is your name "Everyhour?" LOL.
Obviously, I would've known what you meant, but I see your point.

Quote:
Yes, I'd much rather watch the show than snapping pictures, but then when I see something that would be a good picture I feel I have to take a picture of it! LOL.
I know what you mean...I'm into photography anyway, so I have to force myself to not get carried away.

Quote:
Yes, I got two of LB's towel, and I have them in a drawer. There isn't much you can do with them. I thought you caught the first one he threw. Who caught that one?
It was coming right at me, but it got a bit vicious so I gave up! I think someone behind me got it.

I can't wait to see your vid of Sara...I had no idea you were up to all this mischief during the show. But, then again, I was a bit preoccupied.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ALL these years, and I've never heard "real savage like". Unbelievable! It's as clear as a bell. Guess I've always "zoned out" too during Tusk, too.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
It's at 2:26 on the studio version, and you can clearly hear that it's "real savage-like" (someone mentioned "real savage life" ), especially on the remastered version.
That was me, and i have those versions, and i can't "clearly hear" that at all. Besides, how much more could two words sound alike than "life" and "like"? Can you really be that sure? I like mine better.
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-09-2004, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow! What did your mom call GDW again?

This has been bugging since I couldn't remember what she said so I did a search on all my old posts and found it.

After the Portland concert, I asked her what her favorite song was and she said "Mudslide." I said, "You mean Landslide." LOL! So, it wasn't GDW. Moms, gotta love em.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-09-2004, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
That was me, and i have those versions, and i can't "clearly hear" that at all. Besides, how much more could two words sound alike than "life" and "like"? Can you really be that sure? I like mine better.
Amber
I by far prefer "like", but sing whatever floats yur boat. I tend to think the 'real' lyric is "like", though, or I hope LB would've looked at me like I was crazy when I held up the sign.