The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2004, 04:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Seattle (Auburn) show ROCKED!!!...bras and chocolate cookies?!

Just back form the Seattle (Auburn) show, which was, of course, incredible. I knew Sara wouldn't set in until I saw it with my own two eyes...although I'm still not sure it has!

(Sorry in advance if anything here has been mentioned in 1,000 other fan show reports. I don't have time to read them all.)

Okay, bras and chocolate cookies first (funny moments) :

When Stevie came out to do Landslide, she had a huge smile on her face and told the audience that she was "distinctively getting a smell of chocolate cookies up onstage". It was really amusing her, and she called Lindsey over to see if he could smell it too, and he agreed. Hopefully this will become known as the "chocolate cookies show" among fans (as I can't see this topic having been mentioned ever before)!

When the band was leaving before the encores, Mick was talking to the audience at Lindsey's mic and spotted a bra that someone must've thrown at LB at some point. He picks it up as though to take it with him and Stevie starts jokingly scolding him and forces him throw it down on the stage!

Other great moments:

(First, a personal one...
I was unable to ever make it up front last year...but I managed to slide right up against the stage between LB and SN from the 8th row before The Chain even ended! I was scheming before the show started, but never quite had the chance, and then someone with FM was guarding the front center aisle after the show started so I got really worried. But, I noticed he was actually letting people through who were seated farther back than me if they asked nicely. I still didn't want to risk asking and therefore drawing attention to myself, so I slipped past him when he started talking to someone without a glich! I couldn't believe how easy it was...I almost had to pinch myself! Let me just say that being up there made this my most fabulous FM show ever!!!)

**Okay, boring part over. Now the details**:

*Can I just say that LB is one of the most gorgeous, handsome, sexy men to ever walk the planet?! Okay, now that that is out of my system...his solos were ON FIRE as usual and he and I had several "eye contact moments". He really looks ya right in the eye doesn't he? It's really nice. I attempted to be the "Come girl" by swirling my pointer finger at him (hoping I would have Buck Points ~kinda like Brownie Points~ because I'm blonde), but I already had a feeling I wasn't his type. I'm no dog, but the girl he picked was much prettier than me and was a red-head for a change. If you're here, congratulations! I still had two other great LB moments, though. When he came to the front to slap hands, I managed to be the only person that actually got a hold of his hand...and it lasted a really long time. I wasn't vice gripping it or anything and he didn't attempt to pull away so I just decided to enjoy it! I expected his hands to be hot and sweaty from playing but they were really cold and dry. Then, during Goodbye Baby, I was totally engrossed looking at Stevie and singing all the words when I felt someone staring at me. Turns out to be LB and when I look at him, he gives me a really sincere look and mouths, "I know". That was really moving to me. His vocal harmonies on Beautiful Child are stunning. They always wowed me on the album, and it's something to hear it live. I never got the impression that he was oogling Jana, as some others have mentioned. He had interaction with Sharon and Jana during Sara as they were all three singing the backups together, but nothing beyond friendly. I also don't get people thinking his "guitar violence" is a turn-off. Wouldn't your life be better if you could get up there every night and let all of that out? He does get down and dirty with his guitar during the Stand Back intro! I'm not embarrased to say it downright turned me on, and I also think that if I was anatomically the same as him and could play my guitar like that I would do the same!
*Amusing moments with Stevie: While LB was totally into his slow-burning ISA intro, she sat quietly on a stool wrapped in her white shawl next to Brett and daintily sipped tea through a straw. The contrast between what these two were doing at that moment was cracking me up. Also, when Stevie went over to John in the middle of GDW to swirl her arms at him for his juicy bass bit, he let out a big, dramatic sigh at her that I could hear all the way form the floor!
*Stevie clothing notes: They're all stunning! I'm into the Reeboks, but the velvet legwarmers do improve on them a lot...makes for a more fluid look. I also didn't realize that she wore two different blackdresses during the show. I know people are sick of them, but they're really beautiful when you see the detail close up. One has paisley velvet burn-out with sparkly underneath, and the other has floral burn-out with sort of a net gauze underneath. Her new Landslide shawl is gorgeous...now one of my all-time faves. I'm also in love with that tight, short jacket she wears near the end during one of LB's songs (can't friggin' remember which one!) that's sheer black and covered in little silver and gold detail. (Okay, I can see why all the talk about her Two Birds of Rhiannon...I pretty much dig men and don't really have what I would call sexual feelings towards Stevie, but even I couldn't help noticing them! She's always shown just the right amount of boob. Very classy.) I think this has been noted before, but one of the crystal strands on Stevie's mic appears to be a rosary. I suppose it could just have that look to it, but I was pretty sure. As far as the band's other fashionista (Mick) goes, I enjoyed his new red satin top hat worn during Goodbye Baby.
*I was so glad to see that Stevie seems to be feeling more limber this leg. She held her GDW pose much longer than last year and did a big kick during Stand Back. She also now does the shimmy at the end of Stand Back! It was awesome and the audience went crazy! Her voice sounds amazing, IMO. She did quite a lot of forceful singing tonight. She seems SO happy and apprecitive, even though she's not touching us/making as much eye contact as she used to. After our thread about Stevie respecting LB more now by "not twirling during his guitar solos"...she was getting down during the GYOW solo!" (lol) She danced all over the stage and then was going crazy on her tambourine with Taku!
*What is with the new ending to GDW???!!! It is the best EVER!!! On "running in the shadows", she echoed Sharon and Jana on the word "shadows" instead of singing it with them, and then ended the song by singing the phrase really deep. I LOVE IT!!!

Phew! I think I'm done! Thanks for reading my novel, if you're "still with me"!

{Also, a note for those of you speculating about another batch of shows: Before Beautiful Child, Stevie said, "As this tour is winding down, I will miss doing this song." I suppose that answers our question. Sad to see it end, but a wonderful marathon it has been.}

The new songs in the set: As previously mentioned, I am still in shock that Sara is being played, so I'm having trouble commenting. Let's just say I'm speechless. Red Rover was great! I liked the way they arranged it for the stage very much! Mick got this really sincere look on hos face during the song, and I couldn't tell if it was at Taku (like he was feeling their percussion playing) or at Stevie. If it was at Stevie, it was pretty intense...almost like he was thinking about everything she has survived. IKINW was really good and great to hear since it's so "rare", but I still prefer EOTW by far and did miss it.

No sound glitches at all, except it suddenly turned very sour for Goodbye Baby. Lots of feedback and I don't think LB could hear himself because his vocals were offkey through almost the whole song. Very unfortunate, especially since the people who didn't know it were deprived of it's beauty. As a mild sidebar: I know a lot of you think this song is about LB (I've always leaned toward the abortion speculation), but I tend to think she would look at him at some point during the song if this were true, as they both naturally do during any one of their songs about each other every time without fail, and I've never once seen her do it.

OVERALL, ANOTHER AMAZING NIGHT WITH THE MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Ledgies up front at the show? I just had a feeling I was surrounded by some of you!
...And who's got it on boot? Leave me a PM for a trade if you do! I will make it more than worth your while, especially if you've got video!!!

One amusing moment heard from audience members as I was leaving the show. I think they were husband and wife, but I'll just call them Man and Woman:

Woman: One thing I liked so much about this show was that Stevie used to be really into that swirling, chiffon, witch thing and she's not doing that so much anymore. I never really cared for that, but I always liked her voice.
Man: (clearly annoyed) Well, that's her self-expression.
Woamn: I guess. But it's just not my thing.
Man: (even more annoyed)Who cares?!

Okay, I'm really done now.

(Anyone going to be at the Clark Co. show?)

Last edited by EveryHour; 07-02-2004 at 03:49 PM..
Old 07-02-2004, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad you enjoyed the show. Maybe we need to start baking cookies for Stevie for each show? And glad Mick dropped the bra. You just know he would be wearing it on the next Rolling Stones cover shoot.

I, too, miss EOTW, though IKINW is certainly great as well.

Will Clark be your last show?

- Jake
Old 07-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you got up to the front and I love the part about the chocolate cookies. It's so random.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Great review!!

I love when people tell us little weird things about the show, instead of rehashing every song. Thanks for that.

And yes, he is the most gorgeous, handsome and sexy man on the planet.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello!
I'm so glad you made it up front! Great review - made me feel like I was there. I wish I could have gone to Auburn this year, but didn't make it. I will be at Ridgefield though! Hope to see you there!

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Alright - I just have to say it. AND - I say it with humor and without derision

I think La Nicks might have been a little stoned to be smelling chocolate chip cookies on stage - can you say the MUNCHIES

For whatever reason she smelled them, I think it is HYSTERICAL and thanks for sharing!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
Can I just say that LB is one of the most gorgeous, handsome, sexy men to ever walk the planet?!
YES, he is!! Good thing my darling husband doesn't read The Ledge

Thanks for the random details. I thoroughly enjoyed reading!
Old 07-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
And glad Mick dropped the bra. You just know he would be wearing it on the next Rolling Stones cover shoot.

(...on his head, most likely)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Will Clark be your last show?
Yes.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
Hello!
I'm so glad you made it up front! Great review - made me feel like I was there. I wish I could have gone to Auburn this year, but didn't make it. I will be at Ridgefield though! Hope to see you there!
I looked around for ya a bit, but remembered you live in Idaho? (Or is it Montana?) so I wasn't sure if you'd be there. Do you look the same as last year? I don't know if you remember what I look like, but I have wavey hair now. I'll be wearing a black FM tank top. (Yeah, that'll narrow it down!) Hope to see you up front! (Clueless about the Clark Co security...haven't been there yet. Anyone? I'm hoping it will be relaxed, especially since it's the opening year and they probably haven't worked out all of the kinks yet. It is so lax at White River Amp...if any of you are ever even considering going to a show there, you should. Your odds of getting up front are more than good. )
Old 07-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
I looked around for ya a bit, but remembered you live in Idaho? (Or is it Montana?) so I wasn't sure if you'd be there. Do you look the same as last year? I don't know if you remember what I look like, but I have wavey hair now. I'll be wearing a black FM tank top. (Yeah, that'll narrow it down!) Hope to see you up front! (Clueless about the Clark Co security...haven't been there yet. Anyone? I'm hoping it will be relaxed, especially since it's the opening year and they probably haven't worked out all of the kinks yet. It is so lax at White River Amp...if any of you are ever even considering going to a show there, you should. Your odds of getting up front are more than good. )
Hi,
Yes, I live in Idaho. I remember what you look like (kinda). I still look the same. lol. I have front row, so I'm sure I'll see you! Can't wait!

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I love when people tell us little weird things about the show, instead of rehashing every song. Thanks for that.

Thanks, Christy. I'm glad some of you enjoyed my review. I was just excitedly typing and then when I submitted it I though, "Holy **** that's long!" So I wasn't sure if too many of you would make it through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
And yes, he is the most gorgeous, handsome and sexy man on the planet.
I knew I could count on at least ONE person agreeing with me!

Old 07-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
Hi,
Yes, I live in Idaho. I remember what you look like (kinda). I still look the same. lol. I have front row, so I'm sure I'll see you! Can't wait!
I'll be the tall blonde jumping up and down .

Have you been to a show on this leg yet?
Old 07-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Girl
YES, he is!! Good thing my darling husband doesn't read The Ledge
I rambled all about my Adventures In Buckland (including, but not limited to, his sexiness) to my boyfriend when I got home. And he patiently listened. Luckily, we're not the jealous type.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

I was in Auburn and I remember your hand being grabbed. Way to go!!!! My buddy and I were right underneath Lindsey. It was a great concert last night. My friend could actually smell the cookies and responded when Stevie asked the audience. I thought she was crazy until some guy with a huge thing of tupperware came swooshing by behind me. Huh? Interesting. Red Rover sounded so much better tonight. I was worried and disappointed by the sound in Marysville. So who knows maybe I got use to the live version but I enjoyed it this time.

Well, off to Spokane...

Alicia
Old 07-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Alright - I just have to say it. AND - I say it with humor and without derision

I think La Nicks might have been a little stoned to be smelling chocolate chip cookies on stage - can you say the MUNCHIES

For whatever reason she smelled them, I think it is HYSTERICAL and thanks for sharing!!!!!!
Hopefully, there will be a boot floating around so you can all hear it. It was much funnier than I was able to convey. Remember, LB was able to smell it too, so if munchies were indeed the case they all must've been "getting their smoke on" before the show .