User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi View Post
Do you guys who went know if the Reboks are back, cause looking at this pic from Kansas city i swear to god this is them

http://twitpic.com/4txe5/full
I knew this day I dreaded would come eventually. It's hard to tell in that pic but I'm thinking they might be. Oh well, C'est La Vie!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 05-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default new boots

hey guys...those might be the new boots she had handcrafted by someone and they were shorter...not reboks at all according to ppl who went to the houston show...apparently she wore them for most of the show but did change into the high boots a couple of times...hugs pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 151unleashed.jpg (46.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 05-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviefan59 View Post
hey guys...those might be the new boots she had handcrafted by someone and they were shorter...not reboks at all according to ppl who went to the houston show...apparently she wore them for most of the show but did change into the high boots a couple of times...hugs pat
they were the frankenboks, i stood at her feet all night~ complete w/ the little jewels on the toes~

the leather leg warmer things, were leather in the front & spandex on the back & were pulled down over the reeboks, so they really did look like boots~ they looked much better than just the reeboks alone~
Old 05-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Id rather her wear those reeboks than have her not move. Honestly, the boots are incredible, but shes clearly in pain.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default stevie in reboks

i so agree that she is clearly in pain with the boots on...i read an interview a month ago where she told the reporter she only wears the boots for the audience bc they expect her too and she'd like to throw out every pair as they kill her feet and back...thanks jill for clarifying the rebok question...u know they do look like boots which is pretty cool...anyway now stevie can relax and move around a lot more freely...hugs pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 285UL.jpg (43.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 05-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Id rather her wear those reeboks than have her not move. Honestly, the boots are incredible, but shes clearly in pain.
i agree w/ you on this~ she shuffled across the stage more than walked~ & we only got a couple of twirls but other than that she was on top of her game that night~ my husband is in this ironman poker thing, so i haven't gotten enough time to type up a proper review or post more photos~ i am hoping to be able to do that tomorrow morning as he usually sleeps in on sundays~

it was such a wonderful show, it needs to be reviewed~ i surely had the time of my life~ stevie looked me in the eyes nearly all night~ & she aknowledged my rumours silkscreen i held up that i have had since i was 12~ & again i have to mention that she didn't shake many hands, but i was one of the lucky like 4 of them that got to~ & it wasn't just a skim, i got to hold it all~ it was the best show i have ever seen so far, by far~
Old 05-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So with the boks on, does she move around anymore then with the boots on?
Old 05-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
So with the boks on, does she move around anymore then with the boots on?
yeah, when i think about it she did~ but she was still somewhat subdued compared to times past~
Old 05-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

is it just me, or do they seem to be getting better reviews on this second leg of the tour? Stevie especially seems to be getting better reviews as the tour goes along. Maybe it just took them awhile to get back into the groove of fleetwood mac?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

the omaha crowd loved lindsey & stevie~ when mick introduced her as stephanie nicks, it was deafening in there~
Old 05-11-2009, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviefan59 View Post
Very nice pic by the way
Old 05-11-2009, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Pleased to hear about the downsize of boots, she didn't move, seemed to stand there legs apart. like on her Live in chicago dvd, and yes, shuffles across the stage.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
she wore them for the 1st few songs in omaha~ she had these leather leg warmer type things, that made them look more like boots~
They aren't her usual "Reeboks," it's a flat leather boot she's been wearing for the first few songs now.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have to say as a long time Stevie Nicks & Fleetwood Mac fan, Thursday's show in Omaha, was more than I could have asked for~ They were on top of their game, showing us all why they have had the longevity that they have~ The nearly sold out crowd was on it's feet dancing & singing along all night, nearly drowning out Stevie on "Landslide" & the band as a whole on "Don't Stop"~

Stevie's voice was spot on, on every song & she gave us her Rock Star wails & Gypsy poses that she is known for~ The whole band seemed to be having the time of their lives really playing off the crowd~ & the crowd who was mostly made up of older Mac fans, tho i did see a few children there, ate up every minute of what The Mac had to offer~ Both Stevie & Lindsey chatted up the crowd w/ sweet stories of how they came to be there that night~

It was the time of my life~ I got to stand front row center in front of Stevie all night~ She was gorgeous, not showing that she will be turning 61 this month, except for a few less twirls than we are used to seeing~ Just watching her reminded me of why I have come to love this enchanting woman so much~ There is nothing like her & I doubt there ever will be~ She is a timeless beauty w/ a magical-ness to her that just makes her glow on stage~ Stevie seemed to really be into this show, she smiled alot & I would catch her eye, those are some beautiful eyes & she would be staring right into my eyes & it was just mesmerizing~ I have a mini silk screen of the back of the "Rumours" cover that I have had since I was 12 & I held it up before the encore & both Stevie & Lindsey pointed at it~ & before the band bows at the end I was lucky enough to be one of the like 4-5 that Stevie shook hands w/~ It was a nice good shake, at that point she was like a foot or 2 from me & I was so freaked & emotional, I almost burst into tears~

And now for Lindsey, my god was that man on fire & I can totally see how many have called this tour the "Lindsey Show"~ I have never in my life seen someone put so much effort into EVERY song~ At times I was wondering how he could keep going on & on & not miss a beat~ He poured out his heart to us & gave it all he had & even tho I have always loved him~ I now have a new found respect for the man~ He is truly a rock legend & one of the best guitar players I have ever had the pleasure of seeing in person~ My husband was wearing a Buckingham 1993 concert shirt & Lindsey kept looking at him aknowledging that he was here & a long time fan~

This show was truly the best I have ever seen~ Omaha came & The Mac conquered their hearts~
Old 05-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

That's so wonderful! I'm glad that the band seems to be enjoying themselves more and more on this tour. I just hope the energy is still there is June!

Since you got to be upfront, what is your opinion about giving Stevie flowers? I know there is no edge walk on this tour, but I'm sitting up front, and I would love to be able to give her something--how are the dynamics with security?

A