Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:33 AM

Default Louisville 02/17/2015

Review: Fleetwood Mac Louisville, KY - February 17, 2015
Fleetwood Mac sparkles at KFC Yum! Center
by Jeffrey Lee Puckett
The Courier Journal

Fleetwood Mac last made new music together in 2003, but the band's heyday ended nearly 30 years ago with "Tango In the Night," its final multi-platinum album. That technically makes Fleetwood Mac a legacy act, largely living on reputation.

You wouldn't have thought so Tuesday night at the KFC Yum! Center, where the band performed with a passion that belied a setlist dating back to 1975. They brought new life to songs that are familiar — overly familiar in some cases — and obliterated any notions that they're simply cashing in on nostalgia.

Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie clearly have nothing against nostalgia as the show was top loaded with the band's finest material. It began with a run of "The Chain," "You Make Loving Fun," "Dreams," "Second Hand News" and "Rhiannon" — all major hits that remain staples of rock radio.

That's more classics in less than 20 minutes than many bands can muster in two hours, but Fleetwood Mac didn't coast. They delivered them all with a powerful conviction that made the music seem almost shockingly vital and alive.

It didn't hurt that Buckingham, Nicks and Christine McVie all sang as if time hasn't taken much of a toll. McVie, who came out of retirement for this tour, retains much of the honeyed warmth that gives her songs such tenderness. Nicks was in surprisingly supple form, her reedy vibrato in full effect, and Buckingham didn't hold anything back.

It's hard to overstate how much the return of McVie informed the concert. Fleetwood Mac has had a history of rotating members since forming in 1967, but this is the definitive lineup. It just makes sense in every way.

The dynamic of McVie's delicacy contrasted by Nicks' multicolored daydreaming and Buckingham's almost callous directness is what transformed Fleetwood Mac from a mildly successful band of journeymen into one of history's biggest acts. That combination still makes magic.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Show Must Go On: Fleetwood Mac concert held as scheduled
Posted: Feb 17, 2015 11:22 AM PST Wave News

http://www.wave3.com/story/28129736/...hedule-tonight

By John P. Wise

(Source: Lisa Nail Photography/flickr)(Source: Lisa Nail Photography/flickr)

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The long-awaited Fleetwood Mac concert went on as scheduled Tuesday night.

Music fans called WAVE 3 News throughout the day on Tuesday asking if this week's weather was severe enough to postpone the event.[LIST: 2015 Forecastle Lineup Announced]

But folks who called the KFC Yum! Center Tuesday heard the following recording:

"Tonight's Fleetwood Mac show is planned to proceed as scheduled. The band will not be issuing refunds for the concert. As Louisville roads continue to be cleared, we encourage all guests attending the concert to exercise caution and allow significant extra time to travel to the arena."

The band has been together nearly 50 years, the last 16 or so without Christine McVie, who rejoined Fleetwood Mac for this tour.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Click for pictures of Christine (I think) and Lindsey coming down plane stairs]

https://twitter.com/espnVshow/status...758144/photo/1

Tweet from Bob Valvano

Got to airport in Louisville for flight to Syracuse early.As bonus, got to see Fleetwood Mac arrive for show tonight!
Old 02-18-2015, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Biz Journals

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisvill...cert-dont.html

Couldn't make it to the Fleetwood Mac concert? Don't expect a refund

Feb 18, 2015, 7:30am EST

Fleetwood Mac played a long-awaited concert at the KFC Yum! Center on Tuesday night, and though thousands were able to attend, some ticket holders were stuck at home because of Monday's snowstorm.

Refunds won't be issued, and ticket holders who were unable to attend are also annoyed with the Yum Center because they reached a message-only answering system, instead of a human, when they tried to call the box office, WAVE-TV reports.

"You could not get the Yum Center to even answer the phone," Phil Stokeley said. Stokeley, who lives outside Lexington, said he had two front-row tickets valued at $1,000 but he couldn't make it out of his driveway.

Judy Stone, who lives in Washington County, said she had three tickets that cost $75.50 each but she also didn't have a way to get to the venue, the story said.

A Yum Center spokeswoman said she couldn't answer WAVE-TV's questions, only saying that refunds won't be issued.

Stokeley said he finally reached a human on the phone Tuesday, and he was told that his complaint will be taken to a supervisor, the story said.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow.I forgot they got hammered with the snow storm.

To bad the fans that could not make the show and not getting a refund.
Front row seats ....Holy crap I would do anything like ride a Ski doo or a dog sled to get to the show.

Or less I rent one of these from the TV holiday classic to drive down the interstate.LOL................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpgyutyi.jpg (82.5 KB, 4 views)

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-19-2015, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As long as the band, gear, P.A., and lighting made it to the venue, WHY would they reschedule? They met their part of the contract.

The fact that Kentucky and Tennessee are under "emergency order"(TN at least is, for the sh*tty weather), doesn't affect their paycheck.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default the snow

I was there. I left work early to make sure I had no troubles, but all the roads to downtown were pretty clear, it is just neighborhoods right now that are treacherous. No problems getting to the Yum Center so I don't know what people were complaining about.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhoggie View Post
I was there. I left work early to make sure I had no troubles, but all the roads to downtown were pretty clear, it is just neighborhoods right now that are treacherous. No problems getting to the Yum Center so I don't know what people were complaining about.
Yes, that's what my mom is telling me is happening back home too. You might get stuck in your own driveway, but once you get out to the main streets, you'll be ok.

Michele
Old 02-22-2015, 11:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Roads were fine here. People in this area complain if it rains or the wind blows. Very few empty seats, considering... and I had a great view of them all, being in the back of the YUM! Center. They sounded great. The crowd energy wasn't nearly as great as when I saw them in Indy, but pretty fun. The pacing of the set is still a bit all over, to me. Since this is, for all purposes another greatest hits tour... SOTM & IKINW should really just be switched out for Sara & Monday Morning. The crowd wouldn't waiver as much in the middle of the show.

Last edited by OooMissionary; 02-22-2015 at 11:31 AM..
Old 02-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OooMissionary View Post
SOTM & IKINW should really just be switched out for Sara & Monday Morning. The crowd wouldn't waiver as much in the middle of the show.
I don't think Monday Morning has it anymore. Whether the crowd appreciates IKINW or not, it sounds better than Monday Morning. Unless they revamp MM.

Michele
Old 02-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The pacing of the set is still a bit all over, to me. Since this is, for all purposes another greatest hits tour... SOTM & IKINW should really just be switched out for Sara & Monday Morning.
Is Monday Morning really considered a 'hit' any more than IKINW?
Old 02-22-2015, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Is Monday Morning really considered a 'hit' any more than IKINW?
Monday Morning is on many "greatest 500 songs of all time" lists. IKINW is not.

i love SOTM and IKINW.

i severely dislike Sara.
i love recorded version of Monday Morning, but agree with Michele that live version from Unleashed was not nearly as good. IKINW rocks live!

so i'm more than happy that SOTM and IKINW are on this year's tour list over the other 2 songs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Monday Morning is on many "greatest 500 songs of all time" lists. IKINW is not.
Well they passed me by.
I appreciate Monday Morning has long-been a staple of the live set and featured on 'Very Best Of...' but I've never considered it a hit. It's certainly not a hit in the true sense.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

IKINW and SOTM are 2 of my favorites in the set-- I love the whole stretch of high-energy songs that starts with Everywhere and continues until Seven Wonders.
It's only the acoustic set and Silver Springs that drag down the energy a bit IMO.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The pacing of the set is still a bit all over, to me. Since this is, for all purposes another greatest hits tour... SOTM & IKINW should really just be switched out for Sara & Monday Morning. The crowd wouldn't waiver as much in the middle of the show.
Dont take this the wrong way but im so glad you dont work for the band with awful ideas like that! thats the best part of the set other then little lies thru go your own way. but to take out the only 2 songs that took any sort of balls to play this tour along with seven wonders to make room for 2 more accessible hits is just crazy talk. it wouldve stopped me from going to a show. abd maybe now that im thinking about it, maybe the band also knows theyd lose a good 2 percent of tickets if they didnt throw a few non-hit bones for us.

He Will Burn You Down