User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Talking This lady is FEELING it - Fleetwood Mac Houston

Really cool video. Love this woman and her passion. But I am floored to see the flock of "fans" leaving the arena during Stevie's Silver Springs. They are leaving by the droves and at the end you can see lots of empty seats. Just wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF8zG1TNEDY
Old 03-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Really cool video. Love this woman and her passion. But I am floored to see the flock of "fans" leaving the arena during Stevie's Silver Springs. They are leaving by the droves and at the end you can see lots of empty seats. Just wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF8zG1TNEDY
Looks like shes having a ball.I wonder how her dancing was like with the rest of the tunes.Those are regular concert goers who want to beat the heavy traffic.Personally they have no respect for the band which makes me pissed off and why they bother going to the show in the first place.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why anyone would leave during Silver Springs is unfathomable. Of all the songs in the set, that one keeps you riveted. Doesn't it?
Old 03-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Why anyone would leave during Silver Springs is unfathomable. Of all the songs in the set, that one keeps you riveted. Doesn't it?
I agree.They have no respect and class.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also noticed that security was not on the girls case and tell her to go to her seat.She already has 836 hits.Maybe she might catch herself on YT.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I also noticed that security was not on the girls case and tell her to go to her seat.She already has 836 hits.Maybe she might catch herself on YT.
That's cause she was up in the rafters. You can get away with anything up there because you are in no ones way.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That's cause she was up in the rafters. You can get away with anything up there because you are in no ones way.
Thats right.I'm glad that she had fun there.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I've never seen anything like this mass exodus! You would think there was fire or bomb threat. These light-weight fans are more concerned with beating the crowd and traffic than experiencing the entire show. How can they justify walking out and miss Christine's performance of Songbird?

It appears disrespectful, because it's sort like walking out of a play or a movie because you dislike it. Tickets are not cheap, so leaving before the encores makes it seems so egregious and shameful. These are casual fans, not regular concert-goers; they have a different set of priorities.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-11-2015 at 01:12 AM..
Old 03-11-2015, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I've never seen anything like this mass exodus! You would think there was fire or bomb threat. These light-weight fans are more concerned with beating the crowd and traffic than experiencing the entire show. How can they justify walking out and miss Christine's performance of Songbird?

It appears disrespectful, because it's sort like walking out of a play or a movie because you dislike it. Tickets are not cheap, so leaving before the encores makes it seems so egregious and shameful. These are casual fans, not regular concert-goers; they have a different set of priorities.
Oh I agree. They may never hear songbird live again and they don't care to get the chance? With such a parade out of the seats it almost looks like a football game where the home team is down by 21 points and there are only 2 minutes left. It is rude and Stevie probably has not seen this too often. I have never seen it at any of her solo shows. There are always people that want to get a jump on traffic. But I have never seen these many people getting a jump on traffic.

I have seen things similar that embarrassed me before. During the Tango tour Stevie would leave the stage for Over My Head and You Make Loving Fun. When Stevie left the stage and the band began Over My Head, there was a mass exodus to the bathroom or refreshment stand. I remember looking at Chris and wonder what she was thinking. It was so obvious. After Stand Back that would bring the crowd to a frenzy, they would then go to You Make Loving Fun and Stevie would leave the stage. There would be another huge group all over the arena leave again.

But this Houston video must be insulting to Stevie because she probably has never experienced anything like this before.
I love the Stevie speech after this show. Its a little corny but its great interaction with the audience with her and Mick.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

Ironically enough, that's mainly who FM plays for too. These are the people that help keep that set list the same, tour after tour..
Old 03-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never in my life walked out of a FM/Stevie show or any other concert.I always stay until the last note or closing message from the artist or the band leader.